+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Riftblades

Quote Originally Posted by Morzul View Post
    I did not say anything about the dmg TYPE. If you do not understand why it is bad to give a very heavy defense WITH a snare last longer than its cooldown and quite damaging ranged attack with a virtually infinite resource pool, then it is your problem. (This was an answer to Shatteredstar's post above)
    None of those things are going away. The Riftblade is designed as similar pursuit classes in other games. Their trademarks are all the same.

- Short Range High Dps
    - Decent Survival
    - Ranged Snares/Roots
    - High Mobility or Chase skills
    - Crowd Control breakers

It's an archetype designed for chasing down targets and assassinating them. While the devs may modify the damage or survival, they will not change how the class plays or is designed.

More people should play Dark Age of Camelot to get an understanding of PVP, and experience in "alternate" classes other than the standard tank, nuker, healer, melee dps.
    Last edited by Lord Semaj; 02-19-2011 at 05:12 PM.

You all realize that the Riftblade will not be as powerful at 50 as it is at the lower levels. This holds true for the Saboteur.
    The Pyromancer will be stronger at 50 then a Rift or Saboteur. yes weaker armor, but when a Pyro will be doing 2500 damage fireballs and a rift is doing 500-600 Flamespears and the Sabo will be doing their 1700 yet being cleansed or stunned, people will be complaining that the Pyromancer should get nerfed .

Quote Originally Posted by P-51 View Post
    You all realize that the Riftblade will not be as powerful at 50 as it is at the lower levels. This holds true for the Saboteur.
    The Pyromancer will be stronger at 50 then a Rift or Saboteur. yes weaker armor, but when a Pyro will be doing 2500 damage fireballs and a rift is doing 500-600 Flamespears and the Sabo will be doing their 1700 yet being cleansed or stunned, people will be complaining that the Pyromancer should get nerfed .
    I'm more afraid of Dominators at 50. Full valor geared Dom is gonna be a force to be reckoned with and we'll see PAGES AND PAGES of Dom QQ.

There's plenty of Pyros complaining about damage at 40. Mainly because it's a stand-there-and-nuke soul ideal for Raids. Not a PVP soul where everything is about mobility.

Stand there casting fireballs and you'll be gutted. No one's going to complain about Pyros unless Fireball stuns on impact.
    Last edited by Lord Semaj; 02-19-2011 at 05:17 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rune100 View Post
    If you still don't have a clue, well, look around the board and engage your brain
    How about take your own advice. Look around the board did a new thread about this really need to be started? Did you add anything new to the discussion? Seems to me you just thought it be fun to jump on a bandwagon and spread some more drama. Proud of yourself?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Semaj View Post
    There's plenty of Pyros complaining about damage at 40. Mainly because it's a stand-there-and-nuke soul ideal for Raids. Not a PVP soul where everything is about mobility.

Stand there casting fireballs and you'll be gutted. No one's going to complain about Pyros unless Fireball stuns on impact.
    they already can, 44 point root ability gives the pyromancer 30% damage reduction, immunity to crowd control effects and gives any fire spell a 30% chance to stun for 2 seconds

Soulwalker

That "nerf" changes nothing. The damage nerf is inconsequential at 25+, which is when Riftblades get really good. Its the Elemental Touch ability that makes their **** hit so hard, it parses about 25% of my overall damage, the initial nuke damage will still be good, all that changes is i might mix in another melee attack when im on top of someone, which 90% you should be---especially with the grossly long cool down, but very effective 31 talent. Little changes for us, maybe less face rolling but its still a tank that plays like a caster, and it still shreds people really hard on alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Etgfrog View Post
    they already can, 44 point root ability gives the pyromancer 30% damage reduction, immunity to crowd control effects and gives any fire spell a 30% chance to stun for 2 seconds
    Forgot that existed since no one can use it yet.

Still, standing still in PVP is begging for death.

How the heck do you know that? You just pulled numbers from thin air?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by theranknight View Post
    How about take your own advice. Look around the board did a new thread about this really need to be started? Did you add anything new to the discussion? Seems to me you just thought it be fun to jump on a bandwagon and spread some more drama. Proud of yourself?
    It is kinda fun to see Riftblades go into a defensive position and change the subject. Some of you actually think I want the riftblade to disappear, because I don't like how the class plays! I never said that, but I really think you all know what this is about.

At level 31 ( Dear god, I am still playing this unholy load of easymode ) I was killing things so much faster than my inquisitor, whom I also tried to respec cabalist, druid and shaman. Nothing could even come close to the killing power of a riftblade. Without over exaggerating, I think my Cleric ( no matter the spec ) could do about 40-60% of the damage my Riftblade can do. That is standing completely still and eating away my mana at a fast rate.

Not only did I do a truckload of more damage, but everything was instantcast, I had about 3.3k armor compared to 1,4k armor. I take reduced damage, I got insane AoE and single target damage plus I get an instantheal if my personal healbot is not being awake. In addtione, I don't have a lot of spells to pay attention to and they are rather easy to use. No mana to watch, can abuse cover in PvP due to everything being instant cast.

All in all, I think this class plays really fun and it's a rather unique class, but it's just so god damn powerful compared to... Everything. If they actually down-graded it, I would play this as my main soul when the game is released. Right now tho, it's FOTM.

Maybe except the VK, but I haven't had to pleasure of fighting them yet.
    Last edited by Rune100; 02-19-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by snubi View Post
    Totally agree, a warrior shouldnt be ranged. but thankfully it gets nerfed in the next patch big time.

From the next patch notes:

* Flamespear: No longer has a damage over time component and had its damage values updated.
    Rogues shouldnt be tanking
    Mages shouldnt be healing
    Clerics shouldnt be melee dpsing

Thinking outside of the box is hard, dont like it? WoW is a home for people who have no imagination and need their stealthy rogues and melee physical forced tanks

And no its not nerfed, not only has a alpha tester come out and say the nerf didnt change rifts dps, but nothing in that patchenotes says flame spear DD was reduced

Riftblade has no chase skills, they move very slowly accross the battle field, have little to no escape tools, have no oh **** skills, and their finishers have longer build up time than all other finishers, and have the lowest range of all the ranged dps

The Riftblades damage and control skills is the pros to the cons i just listed above, rifts are totally balanced, maybe your crappy class needs a buff, but rift blades are more than fine, they are perfectly balanced, VK's just make them look overpowered

And to top all this off, they arent nearly as overpowered as Saboteurs, lets take care of what really needs a nerf first, before whining about classes that are actually fine and is simply a L2P issue
    Last edited by Bejita; 02-19-2011 at 09:19 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rune100 View Post
    It is kinda fun to see Riftblades go into a defensive position and change the subject. Some of you actually think I want the riftblade to disappear, because I don't like how the class plays! I never said that, but I really think you all know what this is about.
    Nice try, Im a bard... your still a drama pusher.

Rift Disciple

lmao @ warriors

I swear to god every warrior I've come across is some mouthbreather who backlashes while spamming flamespear.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by scrynen View Post
    lmao @ warriors

I swear to god every warrior I've come across is some mouthbreather who backlashes while spamming flamespear.
    Amen i've died countless times to flamespear spam and nothing else. it is simply too powerful.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by scrynen View Post
    lmao @ warriors

As a Reaver/Paladin I disagree. Sure I might not be able to kill anybody 1v1, but in Black Garden I sure can hold that Fang nicely. And with spreading DoTs I'm usually in the top 3 on damage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast