+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interesting Question: best class to play one handed with?

Soulwalker

Default Interesting Question: best class to play one handed with?

No, not because of that you sickos.

My daughter was recently born and I find myself hanging out with her by the computer. Frequently she's just in my arm, which just leaves me my mouse hand.

What is a great class that is super casual in PvE (mainly questing and rifts) that really doesn't require much keyboard work?

I have a sling so I can free up my other hand but was just curious on what you guys think.

Soulwalker

I would say a mage class with a pet would be the most casual to play one handed as far as PVE goes. Don't have to worry about taking hits much and don't have to worry about combo weaving.

I'd say a rogue with Bard/Ranger and another combo for close up melee as you can get the pet off and then just either shoot from a distance or use the bard songs to add damage from range or splat things if they get in closer.

PS: Big congratulations, been there done that (although I had a boy) and my gaming went through a very bizarre and random phase in combination with feeding patterns!
    *I am not a smurf*

Einherjar
    Blightweald - Guardians

Soulwalker

Heh, trying to game with kids is always fun. I've got several and went through that with each. Kick your chair up high and tilt back so the kiddo can rest in the crook of your arm and you can play with both hands most of the time. I healed many a wow raid boss that way.

Cadiva... I am trying to remember what card your avatar pic is from. I want to say it's from the vampire card game, but I cannot recall for sure. I know I have that card (and many by the same artist) tucked away in a box buried deep in my storage from back when I played CCGs.

Shadowlander

Best class to play one handed with?

Well, to suit your 'needs' I would probably recommend a female character, preferably not a dwarf or bahmi.

Play a Shaman Cleric with this macro*, and just spam click it:

/cast Glacial Shield
    /cast Ageless Ice
    /cast Glory of the Chosen
    /cast Jolt
    /cast Fated Blow
    /cast Massive Blow
    /cast Crushing Blow

for single target.

/cast Glacial Shield
    /cast Ageless Ice
    /cast Glory of the Chosen
    /cast Strike of the Maelstrom
    /cast Jolt
    /cast Fated Blow
    /cast Avalanche Strike

for AoE.

*Disclaimer: Under normal circumstances, I would not advocate the use of a single macro to play. However, this is for the greater good of him spending time with his daughter, and possibly influencing her tiny little brain that video games are good.

Also, keep the volume off. Cleric melee abilities are...squishy and red...
    Last edited by Skryth; 02-18-2011 at 09:37 PM.
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

I agree with using macros in this case. Can be used with every class and it'll be easy to switch arms when the one falls asleep and you have to resort to using just the keyboard instead of the mouse.

At most.... 2-3 button's to press.
    Set up: Reaction skills 1st, then high CD stuff followed by all the bang-bang skills.

Been using a rogue this beta and it's worked out fine by keeping my kid-smacking arm free most of the time (4 kids 1yr - 7yrs).

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasalad View Post
    (4 kids 1yr - 7yrs).
    You poor soul...

For playing one handed, may I suggest the following?

http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...ctID.169418900

You can put all of your abilities on your main actionbar, and then just press those buttons on the side to cast. Highly recommended, as I use one myself.
    Seriously.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Table View Post
    You poor soul...

For playing one handed, may I suggest the following?

http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...ctID.169418900

You can put all of your abilities on your main actionbar, and then just press those buttons on the side to cast. Highly recommended, as I use one myself.
    Seriously agree. Just invested in a Razer Naga... and am finally able to play effectively even with the 2 year old pretending I'm Mount Everest. Best money I've ever spent on a computer part.

Soulwalker

thanks guys!!

love the razor naga idea. When I can get a bit more cash I think i'll buy one

Also the cleric shaman with macro looks to be the best option. That is probably the route i'll go. Thanks again everyone. I'm super excited about my daughter but she's no fun when she's asleep (oh man will I eat those words) so why not play rift :P

Macros can only have one ability in them and cast sequences was removed in beta4 to prevent botting.

well i would say perhaps a Ranger would be a good classes since its got a pet class and i would say its a easy class to play and not having having much of a down time due to it being a energy class unlike other classes out there that relays on mana.

So my vote would be a Ranger
    Last edited by serenics; 02-19-2011 at 10:48 AM.
    Neurosis - Assassin - Giving Guardians Free Favor Since Beta

Rift Chaser

chloro/ele/lock is easy too...slow, but easy...go up lock just to get the mana regen, and then rest in chloro...

Quote Originally Posted by Warlawk View Post
    Cadiva... I am trying to remember what card your avatar pic is from. I want to say it's from the vampire card game, but I cannot recall for sure. I know I have that card (and many by the same artist) tucked away in a box buried deep in my storage from back when I played CCGs.
    You'd be totally right It's Ne'Ne Thomas' illustration for the .44 Magnum from Vampire: The Masquerade Jihad card game. It's one of my all time favourite illustrations and I've used it as my avatar on the interwebs for coming up 10 years now, which is quite a scary though!
    Last edited by Cadiva; 02-19-2011 at 06:26 PM.
    *I am not a smurf*

Einherjar
    Blightweald - Guardians

+ Reply to Thread