+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Squirrel and other longer duration cc + Saboteur Charges is too much..?

Rift Disciple

Default Squirrel and other longer duration cc + Saboteur Charges is too much..?

since charges dont damage you can plant a charges on a squirrel without breaking the cc since the charges dont do any damage till sabo presses detonate, then BOOM ... squirrel splat.

the saboteur can do this on all longer cc, but squirrel is the most obvious, a GIANT SIGN plant bombs on me i am furry and an easy target....

kinda overpowered if you ask me...

i always asked for a better mechanic for sabo, making the charges they plant/throw do some damage up front and the rest at the end upon detonate.

for example; 10-25 percent up front the rest on detonate (atleast it gives you a heads up) and it will break free helpless individuals (cc 'ed)...

obviously the sabo has really dubious mechanic with the insane boom at the end of the skill, although i understand it requires a lot of prep work (multiple attacks in one) it is still kind of wacked, fun though if you play one dont get me wrong, allas, i do not care much for fun if it is at the expense of something bigger...other people's fun...and frustration, nothing good comes from it, at the end of the day if in the right hands saboteurs can go out of control...(see squirrel tacktics, or other coordinated boom)

anyways, sabo's have been talked about a lot, i still think they have a really unique soul but it needs some tuning for the better of the game, but that is my opinion , if they dont change it i can live with it , but i am guessing some may disagree to the latter.

sayo,

Soulwalker

FYI: Even if they add a small amount of damage to each charge power, Doms have a Talent that allows damage below a certain level to not break the Squirrel form, so long as the target is above like 70% health. So this suggestion wouldn't really change anything unless the charge powers did more than the damage threshold. Hopefully the Squirrel has a friend or two to save him from this combo. Who doesn't like Squirrels?

Soulwalker

Lots of nubs running this combo though... its getting out of hand. Especially when they are timing the detonate with the mages highest damaging nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardalon View Post
    FYI: Even if they add a small amount of damage to each charge power, Doms have a Talent that allows damage below a certain level to not break the Squirrel form, so long as the target is above like 70% health. So this suggestion wouldn't really change anything unless the charge powers did more than the damage threshold. Hopefully the Squirrel has a friend or two to save him from this combo. Who doesn't like Squirrels?
    That just means someone else can do 29% damage while the sab sets up.
    RIFT HAS A DAMAGE METER!!!
    GET YOUR COPY TODAY!!!
    Download link:
    http://www.riftjunkies.com/combat-parser/

So, basically: Two people can work together to kill you.
    Which, of course, means there's something wrong with the souls. What's wrong with Trion? Allowing things to kill YOU. Don't they know who YOU are?

Well, I don't know, but I guess they should.

Rift Chaser

Dont forget the +50% damage boost the sab would get when booming the squirrel. And it means a sab and dom could beat 2-3 people, squirril one, sab charges them up, dom CC's the others because thats what they do.. Sure you can break free of squirrel but its an insta cast with no cooldown by then, so your squirreled again. The second one is only 6 seconds but thats enough time to charge and detonate on you with that nice 50% damage boost.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gardalon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDain View Post
    Dont forget the +50% damage boost the sab would get when booming the squirrel. And it means a sab and dom could beat 2-3 people, squirril one, sab charges them up, dom CC's the others because thats what they do.. Sure you can break free of squirrel but its an insta cast with no cooldown by then, so your squirreled again. The second one is only 6 seconds but thats enough time to charge and detonate on you with that nice 50% damage boost.

transmogrify breaks at : max 30 percent at level 50, it is max 15percent at level 20 the damage in percentage is based on the casters max health.
    also this only works on targets who are above 70 percent health if below it breaks on any damage !

dang + 50 % boost damage...makes for some good smokey squirrel ketchup...

i still think some mechanics in game with silent setups like saboteur are a bit too much...
    but who knows, i read some reply that it is ok if it takes more then one to kill someone, oblivious of the fact that one target cant fight back due to this little fun system.

i can see it now teams with mages + ae root, instant transmogrify all (0 sec cast), and another team saboteur ae blast squirrel splat boom... nothing you can do.
    that is why cc is very sensitive to being too much in the wrong setups

ciao , and thanks for the replies.
    Last edited by curiositykilledthecat; 02-18-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faolon View Post
    So, basically: Two people can work together to kill you.
    Which, of course, means there's something wrong with the souls. What's wrong with Trion?
    quite.

earlier today this marksman and a healer teamed up to kill me. we should probably nerf things.
    "They make a desert and they call it 'peace'"

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
    quite.

earlier today this marksman and a healer teamed up to kill me. we should probably nerf things.
    your such a troll !
    for crying out loud..
    try and post something serious, maybe use a brain cell or two.
    Last edited by curiositykilledthecat; 02-18-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Ascendant

What are you doing while the saboteur spends an hour setting up charges? Stupid squirrels.

Have the charges do ghost damage when placing them, when the ghost damage hits the mark in where it would break the cc it breaks it without having the sab detonate but they can still detonate, or only allow 2-3 charges before cc breaks. due to conflicting attacks
    Baaaaah

Champion of Telara

Its pretty cheesy, but thats the saboteur. Really they dont even need the dominator. The 50% damage bonus is nice, they can just grab incapacitate and do it on their own though.

Quote Originally Posted by curiositykilledthecat View Post
    your such a troll !
    for crying out loud..
    try and post something serious, maybe use a brain cell or two.
    If you insist on seriousness, I'll rephrase the previous post. The op is a whinging festival of inconsequentiality.

One player kills two players? This might be a balance issue.

Two players killed one player? This is not a balance issue.

I don't need to provide a list of similarly unremarkable 2-kill-1 pvp maneuvers. Seriously, what do you even think polymorph is for?

...though it has to be said that Dahrken's post is worth noting; but as just one of a number of potential sab related issues.
    "They make a desert and they call it 'peace'"

Shock and horror! People working together killing people! We cannot have such things in the game! It must all be 1v1 where if you see one person fighting another you must wait for them to finish then fully heal before you may lay a finger upon them!

That means you healers also, don't heal anyone because that would be working together against one person! We can't have these things!

Especially those classes that can do damage if they get time to set up their damage! They should break all CC the moment they use any ability that might hurt you in the next hour. Each time they use these abilities you get another hour of CC break against them, its the only way to be fair.

/hyperbole
    Last edited by Shatteredstar; 02-19-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Telaran

These are the kinds of threads that make me worry about a game. Please, for the love of god, ignore people Trion. Your players don't know best(wait...a...minute....).

This thread does, however, make me want to roll a sab....just saying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast