+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Don;t let this happen to RIFT, Trion.

Exclamation Don;t let this happen to RIFT, Trion.

Honestly , i really hope that we dont see nerfs or changes based on a bunch of idiots crying because they cant play their class. Though apparently we are already seeing it with changes to a few classes.

It's your game, change it as you want, but consider the fact, that if you're going for 'balance'? You have already stepped onto landmines. If you want a 'balanced' game, Permanently set everyone to level 1, with 5 hp only, a sword that hits for 1, everyone has static and same armor, and no skills or 'specializations'.

That's 'balance' Still seem like fun? Looking at 'balance' you're changing the skills/specializations that make that class WHAT IT IS.

IE: Mages can hit hard and die fast, or with other trees they can do a bit of both damage and survivability.
    IE: (A popular one) Sabs can do a lot of damage, but die rather fast (much like the mage)

You get my dRIFT, Go ahead, make changes if need be, but i seriously hope when it comes to game changes you dont look to the forums or atleast the posts that are 'hurdur i cant play my class, i get owned, nerf Rock, paper is fine, regards scissors." It doesnt help that almost none of the idiots submitting posts/complaints about classes have no research and they are purely opinionated QQ's about classes.

Sure, some moderate balance may be in order at times, But if you CONSTANTLY change classes because some kids cannot learn to play their class, people are going to get sick of the BS and just quit.

People choose their classes because theyre UNIQUE, DIFFERENT, if you affect that uniqueness or difference, and everyone gets mushed into a fine 'balanced' paste, what's the point at all?

PVP is a loved thing in games, just because someone cannot always win, doesn't mean there's something that needs changing so that they can.

What do you guys think? Concerned about Trion throwing the nerf gun at anything and everything that people flood-cry about? Has it affected you? Share thoughts, peeps.
    Last edited by CaliberXIII; 02-18-2011 at 03:31 PM.
    1.1 Put RIFT in Intensive-Care Ward.
    50 Warrior

Soulwalker

I honestly don't think they will. Most of the nerfs were needed, and im sure they'll make appropriate changes in the future. Whats for sure is some classes hit other a bit too hard, which is somewhat of a problem. I have no qualms about a class being effective again another but no class should 2 shot another class of the same level.

In a few months i think this game will be "Balanced" but not in the conventional way.

Quote Originally Posted by Purged View Post
    I honestly don't think they will. Most of the nerfs were needed, and im sure they'll make appropriate changes in the future. Whats for sure is some classes hit other a bit too hard, which is somewhat of a problem. I have no qualms about a class being effective again another but no class should 2 shot another class of the same level.

In a few months i think this game will be "Balanced" but not in the conventional way.
    Yeah, i think what trion has done so far is pretty good, i just hope they don't go over-board. Inevitably it's BETA, it's what BETA's are for, but still, in a few months, i have a feeling things should be looking a little bit better, assuming they keep level heads, which they seem to be able to do to date.
    1.1 Put RIFT in Intensive-Care Ward.
    50 Warrior

Between this and your sig, you gotta stop pushing this logic crap on everyone. Its not welcome here.
    RIFT FORUM MODS FEAR MY THREADS

Plane Walker

Unfortunately it looks like the OP is right. Trion are putting too much stock in listening to the easymode crybabies and it does not bode well for future class balance and diversity. The changes are starting to look like knee jerk reactions, and that is just disastrous considering how complex the soul system is.

Ascendant

I believe they said in interview they dont look for perfect balance. Something like they understand balance cant be never achieved. But yeah I hope they aint too soft and listen every whine too seriously.

Ive never needed to ask any nerf or buff, just throw the whiners out.
    Last edited by June; 02-19-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Soulwalker

Balance is not about making the classes equal, it's about making the classes so that skilled players aren't pwned by unskilled players all the time. This applies to any situation, PVE statistics, and PVP statistics.

It's ok if one class is able to overpower another class by a small margin as long as both players have similar gaming skills. What's not ok is for some noob 10 year old to jump on daddy's max level character day one and pwn someone that's been playing for a while and tweaked their character.

Soulwalker

I like reading how some people cry about mages being too UP.

I went and did a mage today up to 15, and I literally melted everything around me. Sure its not über burst dmg, but neither is any of the other classes. I had good standard survivability in pvp, and I ended up top on most of the killing blow scoreboards.

So yeah Trion, don't listen to easymode babies who migrated from WoW or Hello Kitty Online Adventure.

the reason people cry is because they forget that it is a grp game and that it is the grp effort and not the individual. other then that i think it is nice that there is a difference in armor and that mages cant stand against melee in close combat, brings me back to EQ1. Mages are not tanks even though wow players think so :P

Soulwalker

OP is right i dont want to see wow crap again with every batch note have wall ot text of nerf and buff

Shadowlander

How many times have you made this post now. Pretty sure I've seen this exact same post more than once.

Yea OP is right.

Wow has a new patch avg each 2-3 weeks changing talents/abilties/damage/hp/everything.

Lol?

Keep the game straight, and make people get used to it, eventually crybabies will leave game and we will not be hearing "omg nerf" everywhere.
    The Zwoop tHEzWOOP Thezwoop tHEZWOOP TheZwoop ThezwooP THEzwoop theZWOOP thezwOOp THeZWooP thEzwOOp tHeZwOoP ThezwOOp THEzWOOp

Soulwalker

The OP is my new favorite person, I agree 100%.

Warhammer Online started out with a vision of what they wanted the classes to be and people just started *****ing and complaining. What did the devs do? They did what people in the forums wanted and the game died because of it. The people who were complaining left the game shortly there after because they kept getting owned by people who were just better than them and the hard core people left because of all the whining.

Don't let this game fall prey to the same thing, it is too good for that fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    At the moment I have noticed a lot of significant class changes across the board. I think it is important to get things balanced. I also think the game is very well balanced at the moment, not perfectly, but pretty good.

With that in mind, I am hoping Trion slows down the changes after launch. Not necessarily right away, but after a month or so I'd like things to settle down. One of my biggest complaints with WoW, is that I would have to rebuild my spec and play style after each update. I'm not saying move at a glacial pace a la FFXI, but I think players should be able to lean their classes and how to do well with them. Some will be stronger than others, and some will have skills that almost no one will ever spec into, but that's OKAY! Tweak things that are out of balance, don't make sweeping changes to things that are close.

This is not a criticism of the dev team, I think they have done a wonderful job so far. It is more of a petition for what I think is important in the game post-launch.

Do people agree? Let me/us/them know!
    From my long lost thread.
    Mo - Ashstone - Kelari Rogue - <Ascendant>
    Anyone feel free to PM/Friend me.
    Join me with ascend-a-friend, if you play on Ashstone I'll buy you a mount and some bags:
    http://www.riftgame.com/en/products/...=ascend_invite

Rift Disciple

+100000000000000000

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast