+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rank Easiest Class/Builds for Leveling

Shadowlander

Default Rank Easiest Class/Builds for Leveling

So, I am not a huge fan of level grinding. I like to destroy multiple mobs at once and get those kill quests done ASAP. Can anyone give me some advice as to which classes and builds within that class are easiest to level?

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

Necro/chloro/lock. Decent healing, a tank pet, and damage.

Shadowlander

Default Tally

Mage 1
    Warrior 0
    Cleric 0
    Rogue 0

General of Telara

I rerolled on one of those new servers they added the other night. When I logged off I was the highest person at level 17 the next closest were all 15. Did this as Inq with 6 points in sent for the cast heal. I was soloing elite rifts mobs that gave 4%-5% exp per kill even at level 15 and they were a joke. I will be going cleric once game is live for sure. Also doing more DPS than mages is a plus.
    Last edited by thomasmgp; 02-18-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by thomasmgp View Post
    I will be going cleric once game is live for sure. Also doing more DPS than mages is a plus.
    At the actual state, pretty much every class does more damage than mages (maybe, exept the pyro).
    Last edited by Lomir; 02-18-2011 at 05:19 PM.

Telaran

Inq / Sent / Just

Taking 11 points in sent , 10 points in just and rest in Inq . at lvl 29 that gives you 48 % bonus to crit damage , 40 % bonus to normal heals and 90 % bonus to just heals , with mein of honor .

you have few spells that are junk and not on hot bar like light bolt and banish . however you have sanction, life vengence, bolt radience, shards of light all insta cast followed by bolt of judgement all grant convictions .

you have a rez , aswell as 1 insta cast heal from sent , a 2 sec cast single target heal , doctrine of bliss and doct of loyality insta cast group heal no cd pure win , even able to buff ya damage by 7 % over 60 sec and add 3 % more for 15 sec .

knock back able to dispel buffs off players or mobs , aoe fear , mana regen chann nuke , insta cast ranged snare no cd ,

typical burst rotation for me atleast if pull with sanction/vex , bolt judgment timed with bolt rad/lifes vengence so alll 3 hit bout same time for burst , followed with shards of light.

very fun build 0 downtime , and works great in warfronts too since so many insta casts to feed ya convictions so you can cast doct loyality to heal otm

did a warfront earlier for fun ended up with 52795 healing, 37 kills , 15 killing blows , and 21730 damage .

might not be for everyone but I find it fun

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Lomir View Post
    At the actual state, pretty much every class does more damage than mages (maybe, exept the pyro).
    High level mages do not lack for damage.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by tasar View Post
    Inq / Sent / Just

Taking 11 points in sent , 10 points in just and rest in Inq . at lvl 29 that gives you 48 % bonus to crit damage , 40 % bonus to normal heals and 90 % bonus to just heals , with mein of honor .

you have few spells that are junk and not on hot bar like light bolt and banish . however you have sanction, life vengence, bolt radience, shards of light all insta cast followed by bolt of judgement all grant convictions .

you have a rez , aswell as 1 insta cast heal from sent , a 2 sec cast single target heal , doctrine of bliss and doct of loyality insta cast group heal no cd pure win , even able to buff ya damage by 7 % over 60 sec and add 3 % more for 15 sec .

knock back able to dispel buffs off players or mobs , aoe fear , mana regen chann nuke , insta cast ranged snare no cd ,

typical burst rotation for me atleast if pull with sanction/vex , bolt judgment timed with bolt rad/lifes vengence so alll 3 hit bout same time for burst , followed with shards of light.

very fun build 0 downtime , and works great in warfronts too since so many insta casts to feed ya convictions so you can cast doct loyality to heal otm

did a warfront earlier for fun ended up with 52795 healing, 37 kills , 15 killing blows , and 21730 damage .

might not be for everyone but I find it fun
    Would you mind showing us your build? Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Lareit View Post
    High level mages do not lack for damage.
    So at what level DO they become viable? I don't want to be a punching bag for every other class before I reach this magic level, it's not fun.

Telaran

messed up sending the ling so will just post what i took kinda easy to figure out

just . = 5 points into armor of virt , 1 point into doct of bliss, 2 points healers creed and 2 points life salvation to open up mein of honor .

sent. = 5 into watchful gaze , 1 into shards of light, 5 into walk into the light, 1 into luminous gaze

Inq. = took everything into Inq except took nothing in contempt or mental resillence

granted hes not 50 so at 29 don`t have luminous gaze and only have 4 /5 into walk in the light , and only 18 points into Inq with this build atm , taking 10 in each of just and sent first to help support inq ,

works very well even at this lvl , typical lvl 30 mob in game has on averge 2k ish hp with 1 - 1/2 burst rotation mob is normaly dead or hovering at 20 % ,
    not as good as a pure dps class but thats not what i`m after , this is a good hybrid build allowing above averge dps with great healing .

great at soloing, small scale pvp , warfronts , for dung i`d still go pure healer , but for everything else this build seems to do fine .
    Last edited by tasar; 02-19-2011 at 06:50 AM.

From what I've played so far, the easiest I found to level to 20 were:

1. Rogue: Ranger/Bard/NB
    -pet tanks, you have a pet heal, plus a heal motif, plus heals from cadence.
    -no down time, chain pulls, can take baby elites or multiple mobs with ease

2. Mage: Chloromancer/Warlock/Elementalist(until level 13-15 then switch to Necro):
    -Pet tanks, you can heal the pet, you have a few dots to get the job done.
    -no down time, chain pulls.
    -The starting necro pet is a pansy, at 13 you get the tanky pet(hence starting as elementalist)

3. Cleric: Wasn't really my thing. I played a few different combos. It was alright, just didn't fit me so not many tests done.

4. Warrior: I don't play warriors in any game. It really isn't me. Paladin was fun though. Much to be said for smacking things with your shield. No tests done.

Once you get to 20, the whole thing changes. You're on your own at that point.
    Finkle: Dwarven Rogue
    Vanguard

Telaran

Riftblade

10char

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by tasar View Post
    messed up sending the ling so will just post what i took kinda easy to figure out

just . = 5 points into armor of virt , 1 point into doct of bliss, 2 points healers creed and 2 points life salvation to open up mein of honor .

sent. = 5 into watchful gaze , 1 into shards of light, 5 into walk into the light, 1 into luminous gaze

Inq. = took everything into Inq except took nothing in contempt or mental resillence

granted hes not 50 so at 29 don`t have luminous gaze and only have 4 /5 into walk in the light , and only 18 points into Inq with this build atm , taking 10 in each of just and sent first to help support inq ,

works very well even at this lvl , typical lvl 30 mob in game has on averge 2k ish hp with 1 - 1/2 burst rotation mob is normaly dead or hovering at 20 % ,
    not as good as a pure dps class but thats not what i`m after , this is a good hybrid build allowing above averge dps with great healing .

great at soloing, small scale pvp , warfronts , for dung i`d still go pure healer , but for everything else this build seems to do fine .

Like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...zkqz.Voxz.VdM? I like this a lot! Thanx for this build mate!

Shaman, yes.. You read right - SHAMAN!

Fun melee class, 2-3 button smasher, shield, heal in critical situations, and good CD's in the lenght. So far i enjoyed it, it's easymode to level a cleric up and then go healer/dps in end game
    The Zwoop tHEzWOOP Thezwoop tHEZWOOP TheZwoop ThezwooP THEzwoop theZWOOP thezwOOp THeZWooP thEzwOOp tHeZwOoP ThezwOOp THEzWOOp

Quote Originally Posted by kript View Post
    So, I am not a huge fan of level grinding. I like to destroy multiple mobs at once and get those kill quests done ASAP. Can anyone give me some advice as to which classes and builds within that class are easiest to level?
    Cleric, melee. I went inquis/shaman(prim)/warden for the Hots and Dots, you do great damage and have a shield. You have ranged too for pulling and killing run aways.
    I have witnessed what you have committed in that area.

"Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil"

The Code of Druss the Legend

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast