+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kudos to trion. It seems i am the only one concerned with balance.

Ascendant

Default Kudos to trion. It seems i am the only one concerned with balance.

am i the only one who is concerned with balance rather than getting my class buffed or another class nerfed or keeping my class OP, am i the only one without an agenda?

First were the sabs they were completely OP and needed some kind of fix people flamed me and trion eneded up doing the right thing by making the charges cleansebale thus scaling back some of the sabs effectiveness against decent players. This was a good change and the first time i was right.

Second we have Vk and quality care i said this should not work with self healing abilities like soul feast from reaver or the VKs own replenish once again trion agreed with me and will be implementing this change as well as fixing the bug that made quality care get a 100% chance to get a pact on heal. I never had a problem with disharge itself and trion agreed with me yet again and left it alone.

Third we had riftblades and there ability flamespear. i did not think flame spear should be effective as it was it was literally the only on the GCD ability you needed as a riftblade. People tried to tell me riftblade was some kind of range warrior even though they have more melee abilities than range i said they were wrong and said riftblade was the elemental damage tank and not a RDPS one. Again trion agreed with me turning there 2 melee abilties (frost and thunder strike) into elemental damage and bringing flamespear back iine with the melee abilities.

So again am i along with trion the only one that is concerned with balanced classes? Those 3 thingsa were the main 3 things i had issues with in my esperience with the warrior and rogue types, and trion agreed with me. So please stop trying to put personal bias towards your class ahead of overall game balance. I was skeptical of trion at first but these last couple patches have really made me more optimistic. Those of you that just write it off as a dev listening to the QQers well you are wrong.
    Last edited by Vespera; 02-18-2011 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Removed comment about one-day ban; PM sent

Soulwalker

All I got out of this was:

"Hurr hurr I am right," but with bad engrish.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fifthfall View Post
    All I got out of this was:

"Hurr hurr I am right," but with bad engrish.
    thats what i was going for. bad english can be attributed to laziness.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    This was a good change and the first time i was right.

Once again trion agreed with me I never had a problem with disharge itself and trion agreed with me yet again and left it alone.

I did not think flame spear should be effective as it was it was literally the only on the GCD ability you needed as a riftblade.

Again trion agreed with me turning there 2 melee abilties (frost and thunder strike) into elemental damage and bringing flamespear back iine with the melee abilities.

So again am i along with trion the only one that is concerned with balanced classes? Those 3 thingsa were the main 3 things i had issues with in my esperience with the warrior and rogue types, and trion agreed with me.
    What I get from this post, is that this guy actually puts himself on the same level as Trion, as if they're going to him and having discussions, actually asking for his input to see if he is "right" - which he obviously thinks he is. There are so many fallacies in this post that I'm positive it can be safely disregarded as self righteous chest puffing about how awesome and right he is.

Ascendant

So is Trion going to make the game really irritating and full-of-itself now?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Amrit View Post
    What I get from this post, is that this guy actually puts himself on the same level as Trion, as if they're going to him and having discussions, actually asking for his input to see if he is "right" - which he obviously thinks he is. There are so many fallacies in this post that I'm positive it can be safely disregarded as self righteous chest puffing about how awesome and right he is.
    No it just means trion and I are thinking alike. I am seeing the same issues they are and they are addressing them. Unlike most posters here but like me trion has no bias they are seeking out what needs adressing and addressing it. I forgot one to. They moved tempest up higher into the elementalist tree if you see my post history i also made a topic with the same suggestion cause to many souls were pigeonholed into going 15 into ES.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by nocks View Post
    So is Trion going to make the game really irritating and full-of-itself now?
    confidence breeds success.

Shadowlander

flame spear is in line with other melee abilities? lol? not even close.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dashakh View Post
    flame spear is in line with other melee abilities? lol? not even close.
    and it is being brought down to melee ability levels.

Soulwalker

No it just means trion and I are thinking alike. I am seeing the same issues they are and they are addressing them. Unlike most posters here but like me trion has no bias they are seeking out what needs adressing and addressing it. I forgot one to. They moved tempest up higher into the elementalist tree if you see my post history i also made a topic with the same suggestion cause to many souls were pigeonholed into going 15 into ES.
    You are on another level of thinking, brah.

We should be facebook friends. I will put you in my top 3. I don't think you will surpass Snooki as my #1, but I will definitely put you at #2, above #3 Lady GaGa.

You and Trion are one co-hesive unit, a MMORPG Tweaking machine sent back in time to tweak MMORPG's for all....

I'm not going to search out your posts, but I'm sure you were right about the changes, but at the same time your post is tool-ish in nature. You suggested changes, fantastic, make a leave Britney alone video about it, Chris Crocker....

am i the only one who is concerned with balance rather than getting my class buffed or another class nerfed or keeping my class OP, am i the only one without an agenda?

First were the sabs they were completely OP and needed some kind of fix people flamed me and trion eneded up doing the right thing by making the charges cleansebale thus scaling back some of the sabs effectiveness against decent players. This was a good change and the first time i was right.

Second we have Vk and quality care i said this should not work with self healing abilities like soul feast from reaver or the VKs own replenish once again trion agreed with me and will be implementing this change as well as fixing the bug that made quality care get a 100% chance to get a pact on heal. I never had a problem with disharge itself and trion agreed with me yet again and left it alone.

Third we had riftblades and there ability flamespear. i did not think flame spear should be effective as it was it was literally the only on the GCD ability you needed as a riftblade. People tried to tell me riftblade was some kind of range warrior even though they have more melee abilities than range i said they were wrong and said riftblade was the elemental damage tank and not a RDPS one. Again trion agreed with me turning there 2 melee abilties (frost and thunder strike) into elemental damage and bringing flamespear back iine with the melee abilities.

So again am i along with trion the only one that is concerned with balanced classes? Those 3 thingsa were the main 3 things i had issues with in my esperience with the warrior and rogue types, and trion agreed with me. So please stop trying to put personal bias towards your class ahead of overall game balance. I was skeptical of trion at first but these last couple patches have really made me more optimistic. Those of you that just write it off as a dev listening to the QQers well you are wrong.
    hahahha this is totally utter BS. first of all, your opening statement. of course you had an agenda. you made it a personal mission of yours to get the sab soul nerfed. you went so far as to post false stats, rotations and stories about how your sab did this, or your guildie's sab did that. you say you plan on being either a rogue or a warrior, but we all know you plan on going riftblade.

which brings me to your riftblade comment. sure, you're happy with the changes to flamespear. that's because they're giving you 2 buffs to frost strike and thunder strike. you just now started a campaign on riftblade, saying the changes to flamespear are fine. you had no issue with it last beta, or the beta before that, when it was apparantly OP. now that you're getting buffs, you're ok with the nerfing of 1 spell.

the VK issues, i'll give you that. you never complained about discharge. even though its hitting almost as hard as a 5 stack of saboteur charges, and is instant cast, and is aoe. the real issue is the bug in how they built up their pacts.

don't act like you're in it for the good of the game. you're in it for yourself. you got killed early on by a sab and have been on a manhunt since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Amrit View Post

QUOTE. FOR. TRUTH.
    /Internet highfive
    1.1 Put RIFT in Intensive-Care Ward.
    50 Warrior

Heh.. I haven't read the leaked notes, but I will say that I will adapt to whatever changes Trion makes.. And if I still "Pwn" these folks that claim to be getting what they ask for, I cannot wait till they return to the forums to scream "I am still dying! You did not nerf them enough Trion!!!, MOAR NERFS!"

I don't think you guys understand the changes... They are not to keep you from dying, they are just to allow you to die more slowly.. Which, more than likely, you will.. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    Two things decide pvp matches right now - pure healers and champions. Both need to be toned down, neither has anything to do with whether or not there's too much cc and not enough immunity.

haha this jaime kid is awesome, moar please
    rogue for life

Plane Touched

Honestly Jay, I don't think I'd ever say that I truly hate someone, but you really push my boundaries. I mean why can't you ever post something in the form of a suggestion instead of "yo [insert build here] is OP I'm gonna post in every single thread relating to this build and when it gains some steam I'm going to take credit 100% for bringing this build to light". Anyone with half a brain knows what all the OP builds are right now and we don't need you filling the forums with your idea that you're bringing to light anything that most people don't already know. Maybe Trion isn't completely throwing out a complete class nerf because they know that endgame when everyone has access to all their skills that the classes will help balance out themselves.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast