+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No more threads about balance.

Soulwalker

Default No more threads about balance.

For god's sakes. This is a beta. Everyones crying "BUT WOW IS BALANCED" no it's not, nor did they even attempt to start balancing for many years. If your going to whine countless times about a game being unbalanced in beta you obviously haven't played any other mmo's than fairyland online.

The way a game is designed is, they start with a shell and fill it in as time goes on. They get player feedback and adapt/change. I see people saying this game will fail. Pvp will never be good. Blah blah blah it seriously sickening how little patience people have. If you don't like pvp try pve till they balance it more. Why don't you try learning a class instead of whining a class is op everytime you die cause your a noob.

Personally i'm impressed with trion. Not only have they fixed several problems in a short amount of time, they've done what most mmo's are afraid to do. Take the good of an MMO and build on it. Wow was a good MMO, but it needed more. Rift took all the good out of wow and improved on it. They added an innovative soul system which is creative to say the least. Oh well the classes you want don't mix together well, and maybe some of the synergies don't work. But seriously do you really want another easy mode game with gift wraped guides on how to make/build/level/pvp/kill/begay with your char?

Im sick and tired of the lack of challenge and intellect in games as the ages have gone on. We're becoming like china @..@

TLR
    1. Stop whining about opness cause you can't kill a certain class
    2. 1,000,001 threads about XX got nerfed XX Owns me XX heals more than me need to stop it really isnt needed
    3. Compare this game to wow and your an idiot, wows been out 7 years, this has been out a month maybe
    4. Stop asking for easymode. Its stupid.

Soulwalker

WoW has spoiled the genre.... if it's not easy, it's a Korean/Chinese Grinder....

we went from coordinating corpse recoveries with fellow world mates, and fighting your way back down a dungeon, to 200% run speed ghosts and clicking OK within a mile radius of your body...

we went from figuring out the best PvP group combination, then finding that counter-combination to a 5 minute typed complaint on a F'n message board... with the expectation that the game developers owe it to us to make those changes....

Sooner or later MMOs will be multiplayer pacman, everyone the same, with the same stupid objective to eat pellets...

god-forbid the game require thought and time to best your opponent's build or the encounter, god-forbid...

I don't even know why I am playing or typing....

...shoot, I'm dumb too! ahahaha

You mean people are actually giving feedback about the game during beta testing? That's impossible!

Soulwalker

Feedback is fine, but constantly whining isn't feedback. Agreed with the 2nd post, If game devs stray too far to make players balanced we'll all be either 1 shotting eachother or no skills will do enough damage to kill anyone.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
    You mean people are actually giving feedback about the game during beta testing? That's impossible!
    Our feedback is playing the game, letting the numbers crunch, reporting bugs, and testing encounters.

No problem with skill discussions at all, not saying that, the souls need tweaking - not disagreeing... but my god, these boards are the worst I've seen in a while, it's almost normal to complain for the sake of complaining here...

I feel like I am reading posts where someone's warfront 10 man, perfectly mixed group, got rolled by 2 sabos, a chloro, a donkey, and a champ... and 'immediate' changes must be made or else the earth is going to explode... enough already.... we get it!

I am almost inclined to believe some people on here would even complain about massively multiplayer pacman, insinuating that the large yellow pellet is SEVERELY OVERPOWERED and is ruining America....

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Fhorsk View Post
    Our feedback is playing the game, letting the numbers crunch, reporting bugs, and testing encounters.

No problem with skill discussions at all, not saying that, the souls need tweaking - not disagreeing... but my god, these boards are the worst I've seen in a while, it's almost normal to complain for the sake of complaining here...

I feel like I am reading posts where someone's warfront 10 man, perfectly mixed group, got rolled by 2 sabos, a chloro, a donkey, and a champ... and 'immediate' changes must be made or else the earth is going to explode... enough already.... we get it!

I am almost inclined to believe some people on here would even complain about massively multiplayer pacman, insinuating that the large yellow pellet is SEVERELY OVERPOWERED and is ruining America....
    Seriously, they'd start saying that the ghosts where overpowered because they try and move towards you, they want to eat the pellets in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Purged View Post
    For god's sakes. This is a beta. Everyones crying "BUT WOW IS BALANCED" no it's not, nor did they even attempt to start balancing for many years. If your going to whine countless times about a game being unbalanced in beta you obviously haven't played any other mmo's than fairyland online.

The way a game is designed is, they start with a shell and fill it in as time goes on. They get player feedback and adapt/change. I see people saying this game will fail. Pvp will never be good. Blah blah blah it seriously sickening how little patience people have. If you don't like pvp try pve till they balance it more. Why don't you try learning a class instead of whining a class is op everytime you die cause your a noob.

Personally i'm impressed with trion. Not only have they fixed several problems in a short amount of time, they've done what most mmo's are afraid to do. Take the good of an MMO and build on it. Wow was a good MMO, but it needed more. Rift took all the good out of wow and improved on it. They added an innovative soul system which is creative to say the least. Oh well the classes you want don't mix together well, and maybe some of the synergies don't work. But seriously do you really want another easy mode game with gift wraped guides on how to make/build/level/pvp/kill/begay with your char?

Im sick and tired of the lack of challenge and intellect in games as the ages have gone on. We're becoming like china @..@

TLR
    1. Stop whining about opness cause you can't kill a certain class
    2. 1,000,001 threads about XX got nerfed XX Owns me XX heals more than me need to stop it really isnt needed
    3. Compare this game to wow and your an idiot, wows been out 7 years, this has been out a month maybe
    4. Stop asking for easymode. Its stupid.
    I think what's happened, is little kiddies on WoW figured somehow that their opinions on what was OP/needed nerf were valued, they now flood out into other MMO's and cry about a class until it gets changed. I Hope trion flips them the middle one. I really, Really do. So far i hear theyve done the opposite.
    1.1 Put RIFT in Intensive-Care Ward.
    50 Warrior

Soulwalker

Na, trions been good. They've ignored the WoW brats and focused on people leaving genuine feedback on classes with facts and numbers to back it up. All of the nerfs/buffs have been needed for the most part and im sure we'll see more revamping of class skills and stuff in the future. Plus people keep saying at level 50 stuff will change =).

Give the game time and things will work.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Purged View Post
    Na, trions been good. They've ignored the WoW brats and focused on people leaving genuine feedback on classes with facts and numbers to back it up. All of the nerfs/buffs have been needed for the most part and im sure we'll see more revamping of class skills and stuff in the future. Plus people keep saying at level 50 stuff will change =).

Give the game time and things will work.
    I do hope so. So far Trion has produced a really good product. I have not played an mmo that kept me wanting to come back for more in a while, at least until this one.

The major problem is, as with what happened to warhammer, will the devs continue to listen to the playerbase (the civil playerbase that is). Warhammer had a great chance, it was a fun game but the developers really just screwed the pooch.

What im trying to get at is, the MMO community as turned into a great big 5 year old. We want things and we want them now. If we dont get them now then we cry about it. Then we move onto the next shiny thing that catches our eye.

We arent all this way but so many are that it makes it hard for a developer to come up with a new game. Every (dare i say) ****** and their mother thinks new games should be as polished as existing games, if not then they are just garbage. That kind of logic escapes me but it's out there for all to see.

TLDR
    I really hope they stick to their model, and keep an open ear and open dialect to their civil customers. And I really hope that the perpetual 5 year old doesnt kill this game because its really a very good one.

This is why 98% of my feedback is given in game through the feedback form under suggestions.

You post something on the forums and people either try to justify it or worse attack you as a person.

It is also why I suggest to everyone who makes a good suggestion to report it online in the game and if they still feel the need or want to bounce it off of the other players, do so. But at your own risk.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

What makes you think that balance leads to easier choices?

It's far easier in the current implementation to choose the FotM souls such as saboteur, riftblade, and void knight--and yes, we already have FotM souls--than it is to build something useful using the other souls.

Does that mean the FotM souls are overpowered? Not necessarily, but if people don't feel a need to use anything else, they won't. That's the true purpose to balancing, to encourage players to use other things in more even distributions. And that's also why it's a never-ending process, because people will still tend to cut their cookies from the molds established by a few.

Again, it's not about what actually is or isn't overpowered. It's about what's being used against what's not being used. Can't balance objectively because there is no objective balance. All the devs can do is try to spread out the playerbase among as many souls as possible for a diverse and interesting experience.

Shadowlander

WoW has spoiled the genre.... if it's not easy, it's a Korean/Chinese Grinder....

we went from coordinating corpse recoveries with fellow world mates, and fighting your way back down a dungeon, to 200% run speed ghosts and clicking OK within a mile radius of your body...

we went from figuring out the best PvP group combination, then finding that counter-combination to a 5 minute typed complaint on a F'n message board... with the expectation that the game developers owe it to us to make those changes....

Sooner or later MMOs will be multiplayer pacman, everyone the same, with the same stupid objective to eat pellets...

god-forbid the game require thought and time to best your opponent's build or the encounter, god-forbid...

I don't even know why I am playing or typing....

...shoot, I'm dumb too! ahahaha
    best quote ever...

+ Reply to Thread