+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage damage Vs Casting time

Default Mage damage Vs Casting time

Bottom line mages need a sliight damage bump if the casting times stay the same or lower the casting times
    for pvp .Now in raids and group instances we have more of a role than hey lets grab the awsome dps mages do lmbo. When you have the tank dpsing in some casses higher than a dps class .Oh well long as we win and the mob dies!!! But for pvp it needs to be addressd before Launch!!!

Man i'm really sick of these mage QQ threads.

Like there isn't enough already.

I'll say this once and I'll say it again - Mages don't need any type of buff whatsoever.

The classes are fine.

They have great damage, crazy ccs, and ridiculous heals.

I'm surprised I don't see many rogue QQ threads considering ours heals don't even come close to a mage's.
    Last edited by Yewcantcme; 02-18-2011 at 09:14 AM.
    (▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀۝Ξ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀) CHECK OUT MAH LIGHTSABAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Yewcantcme View Post
    Man i'm really sick of these mage QQ threads.

Like there isn't enough already.

I'll say this once and I'll say it again - Mages don't need any type of buff whatsoever.

The classes are fine.

They have great damage, crazy ccs, and ridiculous heals.

I'm surprised I don't see many rogue QQ threads considering ours heals don't even come close to a mage's.
    I think the issues are more with mana cost, only 2 of the 8 seem to have away to regen. no other class in game runs out of the abillity to attack in combat other than mages.

The damage is not bad if we could keep it up, I also agree the CC's are great, but as to the heals only 2 builds of 8 have them which are not the primary dps roles. The issue is that the DPS roles can not compete with any other classes because they run out of ammo shortly after launching the assault. If they fail to cut down a target after 30 seconds they lose automatically unless they happen to have a pot avalible which they will ahve have to make a desision is health or mana needed... health will allow them to run for a few seconds in hope someone comes to help and mana will allow them a few more attacks and maybe a CC.... as any other class you can keep attacking and only have to worry about health... unless youare a bard or cleric which you become pretty much unstoppable unless you get stunned or run out of mana... oh wait thats right bards and cleric never run out of anything :P

I agree the QQ is warranted. If mages had cleric mana usage the tables would like about right.

+ Reply to Thread