+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: Mages got nerfed.

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    134

    Default Mages got nerfed.

    One of the best secondary spec talents for all types of mage build got moved so high up the tree that it's no longer worth speccing for unless you already planned to have 30 points in that specific soul.

    This is a huge damage nerf to most mages, like we needed that!
    Last edited by Sin00; 02-18-2011 at 08:31 AM.

  2. #2
    Champion Zizos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    512

    Default

    They are basing changes off the level 50 alpha players. Perhaps mages are to powerful, we will never know. Perhaps mages are what they want as a baseline and will never buff them, but instead try to lower other classes damage and skills. Again we will never know what is going on at the lvl 50 level that these changes are being based on mostly.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Mages souls already had enough issues with the lack of synergy between them. Now they just went and took away one of the best available synergies. They really want to reduce mages to just 1 or 2 usable souls i guess.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Which soul are you talking about, with which ability? I haven't leveled a mage past 10, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    68

    Default

    If i wouldnt know better i'd say that none of their alpha testers are actually playing mages. Or maybe they just trying to make them completely useless.
    Former Highend raider from WoW Europe, participated in World first top 5 kills, Realm Silvermoon, Ex-Guilds: Numen, Shade and more.
    Now mainly interested in pvping at lvl 50 when all skills are set!

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Teheh.
    Every patch is a game.
    "I wonder which class will be crushed this time, or how will my characters get weaker! Shaman's dps being cut in half? auto attacks being reduced to 20% efficiency? Maybe they will add hps and make mobs hit like trucks? OH i know, they will kill any synergy between my chosen souls!"
    Haha. Fun!

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mura View Post
    Which soul are you talking about, with which ability? I haven't leveled a mage past 10, so I have no idea what you're talking about.
    They re talking about tempest, (+50% dmg on crits), which you could take with 15 pts in elementalist. Now you can take it with 28 ish points. Way out of the way. In a soul that's quite bad (man last time i tried air elem i was shocked at the piss poor damage it dealt, but that's another issue).

  8. #8
    Plane Walker Braunfelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    287

    Default

    It only affects SC/and Pyros and Elementalist. Non of the other classes have any synenergy with the elementalist tree.

    I do agree that it affects these 3 mages huge especially the Elementalist as they arready have limited self dd abilites now they have to rely on the pet more until they get that back.

    I will have to see it on the builder once the changes are in to see if the pyro and SC are worth using that build anymore past the sheilds. If its two high the price may not be worth it anymore and other specs may end up being better. The downside is all these changes over the beta are sure a pain to reconfig the souls but thats why its beta, just never seen this much change in an beta in the past where every patch they completely overhaul the classes. Originally Trions stance was not to balance this much lol... now its more like you said the paths are getting narrow and only certian classes seem viable. This last patch seemd to make me rethin the whole mage aspect and look more to rouge or warrior.

    I tested SC, Chloro and Archon full builds and it does seem alot more squishy than beta 6. I think the Dmg seems to be where that came in. It seems alot harder at 40+ to kill and seems the other classes kill us faster with large dmg. I am glad to see the nerfs to some of the heavy warrior classes but very little to the rouges which seem to have alot more DPS now than any class if the new notes hold true.

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    68

    Default

    And dont forget not only moved to Tier 6 from Tier 3, no it also only has 3 useable points instead of 5. So that means no more 50% increase..now only 30%
    Former Highend raider from WoW Europe, participated in World first top 5 kills, Realm Silvermoon, Ex-Guilds: Numen, Shade and more.
    Now mainly interested in pvping at lvl 50 when all skills are set!

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser Vigour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sin00 View Post
    One of the best secondary spec talents for all types of mage build got moved so high up the tree that it's no longer worth speccing for unless you already planned to have 30 points in that specific soul.

    This is a huge damage nerf to most mages, like we needed that!
    mages are op as it is. Nerfing them is good. Now we need cleric nerfs.
    <The Endless Court>
    Ovee - r4 Cleric | Skigoboom - r6 Warrior
    ^5/5 GSB - 4/4 ROS - 4/4 GP - 4/4 DH - 5/11 HK^



  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Braunfelt View Post
    This last patch seemd to make me rethin the whole mage aspect and look more to rouge or warrior.
    Warriors got nerfed too. Go rogue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Braunfelt View Post
    I am glad to see the nerfs to some of the heavy warrior classes but very little to the rouges which seem to have alot more DPS now than any class if the new notes hold true.
    Glad about other's people getting nerfs. Heh...Nice.
    Don't worry, rogues will be nerfed too, you ll be happy. Then when mage is the top calling because the others got suckified below mage's level, they will get nerfed a bit more. And on and on! Let the fun begin (well, fun for people who enjoy seeing others nerfed)!!

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vigour View Post
    mages are op as it is. Nerfing them is good. Now we need cleric nerfs.
    Lol another.

    you people remind me the signature i see sometimes :

    Paper is way OP, nerf them to the ground. Scissors is fine.

    Signed : Rock

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Braunfelt View Post
    It only affects SC/and Pyros and Elementalist. Non of the other classes have any synenergy with the elementalist tree.

    I do agree that it affects these 3 mages huge especially the Elementalist as they arready have limited self dd abilites now they have to rely on the pet more until they get that back.

    I will have to see it on the builder once the changes are in to see if the pyro and SC are worth using that build anymore past the sheilds. If its two high the price may not be worth it anymore and other specs may end up being better. The downside is all these changes over the beta are sure a pain to reconfig the souls but thats why its beta, just never seen this much change in an beta in the past where every patch they completely overhaul the classes. Originally Trions stance was not to balance this much lol... now its more like you said the paths are getting narrow and only certian classes seem viable. This last patch seemd to make me rethin the whole mage aspect and look more to rouge or warrior.

    I tested SC, Chloro and Archon full builds and it does seem alot more squishy than beta 6. I think the Dmg seems to be where that came in. It seems alot harder at 40+ to kill and seems the other classes kill us faster with large dmg. I am glad to see the nerfs to some of the heavy warrior classes but very little to the rouges which seem to have alot more DPS now than any class if the new notes hold true.
    Er actually chloro and necro also had synergy with it. +50% crit damage helps every damage dealing mage. For 15 points you could get a small absorb shield, 5% crit damage, a small armor buff and +50% crit damage. This was one of the few good synergies. Now gone, leaving only worthless synergies to force people to all stop playing mages or re-roll the 1 or 2 synergies that remain, though those will be next ruined I bet, and probably after release too.
    Last edited by Sin00; 02-18-2011 at 09:31 AM.

  14. #14
    Plane Walker Braunfelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lordhur View Post
    Warriors got nerfed too. Go rogue.


    Glad about other's people getting nerfs. Heh...Nice.
    Don't worry, rogues will be nerfed too, you ll be happy. Then when mage is the top calling because the others got suckified below mage's level, they will get nerfed a bit more. And on and on! Let the fun begin (well, fun for people who enjoy seeing others nerfed)!!
    Considering I have played warrior , rouge and mage all up to the 38-40's I cna vouch why cetian classes needed it. I went from SC to Riftblade to Bard and back and forth many times with other souls I tested top tiers to see what works and doesnt for me and it seemed very clear this last beta that the warriors and the rouges had the DPS of a mage and the survival of the truck vs autin mini. my Bard in the last 20 levels only died 3 times, and in warfronts only died 6 times over 15 games. my warrior with heals killed many ... not taking the mage if not seen it could do the great dmg but even with heals could not survive long at all. even the bard when Focused on by multiple people could stand and laugh with myself and a healer on me tune people to death easy well taking all the dmg. the riftblade same. The champ and the rift stalker the same. sab and so forth... no any mage class I tried including the chloro jsut got slaughtered if people looked at me. I found that I had to sit off to the side to survive... the back row is not safe anymore :P

    I agree that mages shoudl squish but they should have more dmg.

    The tanks including DPS tanks should have heavy defence but less dps.

    Rouges shoudl have heavy DPS under that of a mage but more survival

    the way it stand if these notes come true as listed above the rogue will be the way to roll if you want def and dps.

    mages I see will need help if people are to play PVP with them, PVE everything seems alot more blanaced for survival, which maybe why these things seem the way they are.

    Guess come 50 we will know why this is, and what to do.... pending more patches :P

    As to clerics I think they are pretty close to where they need to be... the DPS clerics I think need to be tonned down abit seeing they have armor and sheilds with mage dps and heals... make them probably the best classes to play. mind you I only play with a cleric never tried it yet.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Mages need love. Two and a half AEs and oom. Most every class can put out more dps and not worry about not being able to do anything. It stake forever to get out of combat to drink in pvp. The out of combat thing really sucks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts