+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue - Rift Stalker (Rift Guard/Barrier)

Soulwalker

Default Rogue - Rift Stalker (Rift Guard/Barrier)

Is it just me or does Rift Guard or Rift Barrier work? I've gone pretty deep in the Riftstalker tree just to try it out, and when i use Rift Guard it doesnt seem to absorb anything. What the tooltip says it should absorb 50% of my HP, which is about 1k. But it doesnt absorb anything as soon as i put it on, and this is done while im just questing nothing else. Is it just me? Or am i missing something?

Any help would be appreciated!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBunny View Post
    Is it just me or does Rift Guard or Rift Barrier work? I've gone pretty deep in the Riftstalker tree just to try it out, and when i use Rift Guard it doesnt seem to absorb anything. What the tooltip says it should absorb 50% of my HP, which is about 1k. But it doesnt absorb anything as soon as i put it on, and this is done while im just questing nothing else. Is it just me? Or am i missing something?

Any help would be appreciated!

It absorbs 15% of the damage, UP to 50% of your hp before it dissipates. 15% reduction is not that easy to see. Imho you should read description first before posting.
    Last edited by Deathfairy; 02-18-2011 at 08:05 AM.

Soulwalker

The reason why I posted here was cause the tool tip wasn't really clear, or at least i never understood it correctly. So in other words if i was hit for 100 it would absorb 50 and I would get hit for 50?

p.s

I read the tooltip a few times ^^

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBunny View Post
    The reason why I posted here was cause the tool tip wasn't really clear, or at least i never understood it correctly. So in other words if i was hit for 100 it would absorb 50 and I would get hit for 50?

p.s

I read the tooltip a few times ^^
    This is how I understand it.

If you have 1000 hp, and you have a 15% dmg reduction for a total of 1/2 your hp and you get hit for 100dmg, this is what would happen.

You get hit for 85. 15 dmg is absorbed. This will keep occurring until a total of 500 dmg has been absorbed.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Methos View Post
    This is how I understand it.

If you have 1000 hp, and you have a 15% dmg reduction for a total of 1/2 your hp and you get hit for 100dmg, this is what would happen.

You get hit for 85. 15 dmg is absorbed. This will keep occurring until a total of 500 dmg has been absorbed.
    I was confused by this last night initially but you are exactly correct in its behavior. It also means once you put it up it tends to last for a while unless you are really getting slapped around. If you throw a 5 point riftguard it will probably last a fight or two when soloing before you need to reapply it.

Plane Touched

So far I have never actually run out of a 5 point barrier. It may be different in end game instances, but 2~3 points is all you need to get a rift guard that won't run out in the 30 seconds you have it on. The only time I have actually seen it disappear before the timer ran out was with a one point barrier and I had a lot of things on me.

I do have over 5k HP though so my barriers are pretty high up there even with less points.

Soulwalker

Aha, that makes a lot more sense, thanks for helping me clear that up!

+ Reply to Thread