+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Multi-classing?

Default Multi-classing?

I had originally heard that the game was going to have a free multiclassing system. The originallity of a multiclass system was what caught my attention and was the major appeal of the game for me. I am very dissapointed to hear that the developers are choosing to go the way of static classes. Does anyone know why they decided to abandon the fee multiclassing route and adopt the simpler (i.e. boring) rigid class system?

No, but stick around for E3 in a few days to possibly find out. There's plenty to suggest what they're doing now isn't the standard way of handling classes (see: soul system) but we don't have the details on what exactly they are doing yet. I liked the original concept a lot too but they may have come up with something better.

You're not the only one who is disappointed but they've made a vague promise about the class system:

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/riftpl...&mode=previews

While we did get a good look at the game's colorful fantasy world, we came away with no real details about the revamp of the character class system, which, sadly, will no longer allow for the free-form multiclassing that was proposed at last year's E3. However, the team assures us that it has something even more interesting in mind for the character system that keeps the "spirit" of the original design's flexible system and that details will be forthcoming later.
    Eldran, Destroyer of Worlds! (TM pending)

+ Reply to Thread