+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where is my Mana?! O_o (Caster's Mana Issue)

Shadowlander

Default Where is my Mana?! O_o (Caster's Mana Issue)

More i level my pg more i realize that the rate of mana regen is too low, at the very beginning of beta 1&2 i send a feedback to Riot, talking about how mana bar was always full even if i spam my spells.
    Now we have the opposite problem, reading a lot of forum, I always see the same complaints about the lack of mana that caster pg have both in PvE and in PvP, especially in WF, mana issue is a very big problem if u consider that warrior can spam drain mana resetting in 2 second your bar.
    What do u think about that?
    Is needed a warrior nerf (VK drain mana spells) or a buff to mana regen?

I want my mana back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cinix View Post
    More i level my pg more i realize that the rate of mana regen is too low, at the very beginning of beta 1&2 i send a feedback to Riot, talking about how mana bar was always full even if i spam my spells.
    Now we have the opposite problem, reading a lot of forum, I always see the same complaints about the lack of mana that caster pg have both in PvE and in PvP, especially in WF, mana issue is a very big problem if u consider that warrior can spam drain mana resetting in 2 second your bar.
    What do u think about that?
    Is needed a warrior nerf (VK drain mana spells) or a buff to mana regen?

I want my mana back!!!
    IMO preferably the latter, nerfing something as iconic as a VK drain mana just sets a bad precedent for the rest of class balance design....Also even when there isn't someone draining your mana, the rate at which it is expended compared to how fast it regens is really quite low, noticeable certainly even at lower levels (pre-20) while soloing.
    "Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrows" (Auron, FFX)

Shadowlander

is even true that there are too many spells can drain your mana too easy in PvP.

the way mana works is stupid imo. the energy system is much more realistic (ie warriors and rogues) everyone should be able to spam everything within reason, not just warriors and rogues...

i mean can you imagine what would happen if Gandolf told his buddies he had to sit and wait to regen mana while they are fighting for 24 hours straight with sword and arrows? no that is simply unrealistic in this genre!!!

Ascendant

Pick up a talent that gives mana regen and stop whining. Warlock, Necro, Elementalist all have great mana regen tools (and probably some other souls as well).
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    Pick up a talent that gives mana regen and stop whining. Warlock, Necro, Elementalist all have great mana regen tools (and probably some other souls as well).
    that's probably the worst idea ive ever heard, first off only mages can spec into it and second, it pigeon holes you into one of those 3 souls out of the 9 available for mage. don't forget, clerics are crying about mana too, ive personally been just fine on my mage but like u say, mages got tons of tools... however the mana mechanic is a standard and isnt only for mages who are notorious for having mana regen tools in all games. i propose the mechanic is wrong and needs to be changed/scrapped since it doesn't make sense at all...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    The problems is especially for clerics, in my build i put 5 points in light concentration (sentinel) that reduces the mana cost of the spells by 10%, but is not enough, other good spell is cascade but is at the end of the warden's tree, and it's even nerfed because in beta 1,2&3 was definetly better, now you need 4% mana to recover 15%...need a buff.
    Last edited by cinix; 02-20-2011 at 12:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread