+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Bug *Maybe*] Soul-Swap On the Fly without Trainer

Question [Bug *Maybe*] Soul-Swap On the Fly without Trainer

So i just noticed that i could swap a soul with no talents invested, on the fly (without going to the trainer). I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended use, but it's entirely cool. Use: as a warrior, i can swap the benefit of Void from void knight soul, for the benefit of using bull rush from the Champion soul, on the fly, which will be really nice in instances.

If it's a bug, i'm reporting it cuz i care about helping this game be polished, if not, well kudo's to those who dont know about this cool feature.

Rift Disciple

guess thats working as intented because thats the way you choose the 3 souls you want in this role.

it's not a bug, allows you to see what you want and try it out before u invest points in it. you cant respec a tree you put 0 points in after all, it would be silly to make them permanent with 0 points in since you have only the base abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    it's not a bug, allows you to see what you want and try it out before u invest points in it. you cant respec a tree you put 0 points in after all, it would be silly to make them permanent with 0 points in since you have only the base abilities.
    no but you shouldn't be able to change your abilities mid-dungeon imho. or midfight.
    Beta Participated: SW:TOR, RIFT,EQ2:SF, EQ2:TSO, AoC, STO, GW, RO
    Veteran of: SWTOR, AOC (again), STO, EQ2, LOTRO, WAR, AoC, Van, DAoC, CoH, WOW, GW, Lin2, SWG, Lin1, AO, RO, EQ, UO, Medievia

Quote Originally Posted by Grufftech View Post
    no but you shouldn't be able to change your abilities mid-dungeon imho. or midfight.
    Sure you should, that's the whole point of the soul system

Champion of Telara

i understand what the OP is talking about. Basically you can swap out 0 pt souls without respeccing or changing roles. I've wondered if it was a bug too, but I think it's pretty pretty minor either way.

Yeah seems like an oversight to me. After all, if you had even 1 point in the soul you wouldn't be able to do it. Not necessarily game breaking, but definitely doesn't sound intended.

Not a bug, working as intended...

I don't see this as in issue at all even if you can. with zero points there is almost no gain in it to swap. you may have 2 souls that could give you abit diffrent out come but that is it.

Now swapping does not mean that they dont need to be trainned to current level rank , which you could in theroy buy each souls base ranks that would help.

And far as I know its intended this way. you can also swap a specced soul but you dont get the points back so you could have multiple builds if you did not max the main and have it swapable just so you know. but imo its not worth the investment of all the points which chould be used to better things.

basically all the pet classes give you a pet with 0 oints in that lvls up to 30, so at 50 that is useless, infact the only skill from any 0 point tree that is useful at 50 without any points spec'd into it is the champion charge. even the dominator transmogrify sux without points spec'd into it and i don't see it being useful at all unspec'd at 50 tho at low lvls it is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Grufftech View Post
    Yes, switching out a whopping TWO abilities is such a game breaker.

That is how it works, that way you are not stuck with whatever four role combos you choose. Pretty nice huh

+ Reply to Thread