+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me pick.

Soulwalker

Default Help me pick.

Ya, there's about 1,000,001 of these thread. Sorry but i still need a bit of help.

In all the games I've ever played, I always enjoy playing the gap. The gap is the class that is needed the most that there isn't enough of.

In league of legends, if we need a tank I'm a tank, we need AP, I'm AP, We need melee, I'm melee

Basically what im asking is. Higher leveled players running instances, which classes do your groups usually need to wait on and please include your shard as well. I haven't decided which shard im gonna make my home =)

Oh and PvE content groups only =( I don't like to PvP its too aggressive. I was a rogue/scout in RoM and i PvP'd alot =( I didnt like the crowd.

Oh and I'm not just a beta nub, I pre-ordered the game proudly and am looking forward to being part of the community
    Last edited by Purged; 02-18-2011 at 12:36 AM.

Soulwalker

Bump, i really would like input.

you get 4 roles, warriosr can be tank and dps, clerics can be tank main healer or dps, rogues can also be tank main healer or dps and mages can be dps or main healer...

basically no matter what you get to be that useful/needed class because everyone can switch spec on the fly up to 4 different specs.

so as a warrior you can have a tank, dps, pvp, and an extra spec

as a cleric you can have a main tank, main heal, dps, and pvp specs

as a mage you can have a buff/support spec, main heal spec, pvp spec, dps spec

as a rogue you can have a main heal spec, main tank spec, and 2 pvp/dps specs!

basically so long as you dont play as a warrior you can do anything you want, only warriors are 1 dimensional (plate tanks or dps) so my guess is no matter what you pick you will be satisfied and always able to fill that void.

but in my experience the class i need most when running dungeons is high dps, all i ever get is tanks healers hybrids and low dps classes.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    you get 4 roles, warriosr can be tank and dps, clerics can be tank main healer or dps, rogues can also be tank main healer or dps and mages can be dps or main healer...

basically no matter what you get to be that useful/needed class because everyone can switch spec on the fly up to 4 different specs.

so as a warrior you can have a tank, dps, pvp, and an extra spec

as a cleric you can have a main tank, main heal, dps, and pvp specs

as a mage you can have a buff/support spec, main heal spec, pvp spec, dps spec

as a rogue you can have a main heal spec, main tank spec, and 2 pvp/dps specs!

basically so long as you dont play as a warrior you can do anything you want, only warriors are 1 dimensional (plate tanks or dps) so my guess is no matter what you pick you will be satisfied and always able to fill that void.

but in my experience the class i need most when running dungeons is high dps, all i ever get is tanks healers hybrids and low dps classes.

As with any other MMO tanks and healers will always be in demand. For right now it seems that there is lack of heals, but that is very subjective.

Oh to other poster, no rogues can not main heal they are support/ofheal only.

And back to OP. Given that we have 4 roles and each of them can at very least tank OR heal if not both, pick which ever class you like most and then spec into w/e is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathfairy View Post
    As with any other MMO tanks and healers will always be in demand. For right now it seems that there is lack of heals, but that is very subjective.

Oh to other poster, no rogues can not main heal they are support/ofheal only.

And back to OP. Given that we have 4 roles and each of them can at very least tank OR heal if not both, pick which ever class you like most and then spec into w/e is needed.
    ever played a pure bard? didin't think so. they can main heal and that is just how it is, if you don't think they can, simply try it.

+ Reply to Thread