+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Easiest and Hardest souls to play?

General of Telara

Default Easiest and Hardest souls to play?

So far what is everyone's take on what some of the easier combos as well as the more complicated ones are to play? Obviously riftblade spearspam would be pretty easy. On my reaver though it seemed to have a lot going on trying to keep up all my DoTs as well as normal strikes with their debuffs,cleaves, the +block pally attack. I thought i was going to run out of keybinds lol.

Casters seemed a little easier and more relaxing. My Inq is pretty much a 5 button rotation. I put up my 2 DoTs, then drop a bolt of judgment+Life's vengeance combo, then more bolt spam till i get an instant depravity proc. I use aggresive renewal on CD but other than that its pretty simple and relaxing to do. Just seems like melees have a lot more going on than casters.

Bard starts off easy. Then you start getting more and more Motifs and Debuffs.
    If it weren't for Bardic Inspiration, I think my fingers would have fallen off by now.

Bards are probably the easiest. They have quite a few buffs, but you can just put those on a line on your ability bar and just slide your finger down the keyboard every 30s to keep them up. As for combat, they pretty much use the exact same moves for combo generation and occasionally use a different finisher depending on whether they want to heal, single target DPS, aoe, or rebuff. It's very straight forward gameplay buries quite effective and pretty fun.

I'd say warriors, played right, aren't as simple as you're claiming, they get a LOT of abilities and their rotation is dependent on how the opponent is playing more often than ranged DPS who literally use the same rotation regardless with only minor tweaks when focused, usually defensive.

Clerics are incredibly straight forward until the heat is on, then they have several cool downs at their disposal and the class becomes much more hectic. Probably not a great class for someone who desires a simplerplaystyle, it's quite stressful I've found.
    Dear Africa, you helped me write this...

Champion of Telara

most of the classes in this game can bind all of their abilities to one macro and spam it.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by pickled_heretic View Post
    most of the classes in this game can bind all of their abilities to one macro and spam it.
    Not really the only class where it is halfway okayish to do so atm is the shaman (you will still be subpar to someone without a supermacro) because you need abilities on gcds to do so, try it with anytimers + reactionaries and you will fail miserably (for example paragon)
    Last edited by Balduran; 02-18-2011 at 06:48 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Balduran View Post
    Not really the only class where it is halfway okayish to do so atm is the shaman because you need abilities on gcds to do so, try it with anytimers + reactionaries and you will fail miserably (for example paragon)
    um, that's easy. set the reactionaries first in your macro, put an anytimer at the end. the reactionaries will go off first if they can, if they can't it'll default to the anytimer. you'll need another key for your finisher, but it's hardly a federal issue.

in case it's not clear, my main is a warrior.
    Last edited by pickled_heretic; 02-18-2011 at 06:50 AM.

As far as rotations etc goes no calling is hard...

Shield of Telara

um, that's easy. set the reactionaries first in your macro, put an anytimer at the end. the reactionaries will go off first if they can, if they can't it'll default to the anytimer. you'll need another key for your finisher, but it's hardly a federal issue.

Hm did not work for me yesterday

#show Path of the Wind
    cast Path of the Raptor
    cast Path of the Wind

will see now if I have a typo or something in the macro^^

/edit yes a typo ^^

/edit 2 is there any way to disable the required conditions not met text ?
    Last edited by Balduran; 02-18-2011 at 06:58 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Balduran View Post
    /edit yes a typo ^^

/edit 2 is there any way to disable the required conditions not met text ?
    afaik, there is not.. it's one of the first things i searched for when i started using my reactionary macro but i can't find a word about it. for now, i'll endure. i'm sure something will be discovered or changed sooner or later.

edit: also remember that you can use both an anytimer and a gcd ability in the same macro.
    Last edited by pickled_heretic; 02-18-2011 at 07:12 AM.

This.

My shman has 3 things on his bar.

STDPS / AEDPS / Heal me
    Beta Participated: SW:TOR, RIFT,EQ2:SF, EQ2:TSO, AoC, STO, GW, RO
    Veteran of: SWTOR, AOC (again), STO, EQ2, LOTRO, WAR, AoC, Van, DAoC, CoH, WOW, GW, Lin2, SWG, Lin1, AO, RO, EQ, UO, Medievia

Shadowlander

Riftblade warriors is kinda hard :P Well atleast playing riftblade right in pvp aka not using spear (which if aplha notes go through is a spell not worth using cause it will do lower dmg than searing and not have a dot).
    The way warfronts work in rift and the fact that most warrior souls beside champion kinda lack a reliable way 2 close gaps means I would say it's the class that takes the most effort in pvp also the point that if you go outside the pack you will get nuked.

Oh god this will get flamed so hard xD
    Last edited by Zerados; 02-18-2011 at 08:42 AM.

easiest is SAB,
    hardest is Chloromancer.... followed by archon.

+ Reply to Thread