+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Clerics

Plane Walker

Default Please Clerics

I know that this game's design allows you to do whatever you want to do, but when you have 2 groups in a warfront with only 1 cleric who decides to go full DPS - can you please help out your warfront buddies and your faction?

When you run a warfront, it is guaranteed to have enough DPS. What is not guaranteed is that we may not have enough tanks (for flag games like Whitefall) as well as Clerics.

A Cleric DPS does not provide as much usefulness as a healing cleric. If I tank with the flag, having a healer heal me is going to help us win more so than a Cleric who decides to DPS those chasing me.

Rogues certainly cannot heal enough in warfronts when confronting focus firing. Mages can heal, but there is a good chance that most mages have never tried out Chloro. Clerics though have several healing souls and the chances of people having experience with them is pretty high.

I'm not demanding that Clerics go into warfronts as a full DPS. I'm just suggesting that if you notice your team is lacking heals and could do more with heals than with your DPS, it would be of great benefit to your team.

I wish to run as a Riftstalker/MM come release but with the huge shortage of clerics I may have to run with one.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by sinasdf View Post
    I know that this game's design allows you to do whatever you want to do, but when you have 2 groups in a warfront with only 1 cleric who decides to go full DPS - can you please help out your warfront buddies and your faction?

I wish to run as a Riftstalker/MM come release but with the huge shortage of clerics I may have to run with one.
    um, no.

you want people to heal so you can dps. tough, if you want more clerics healing, go roll one.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by zetans View Post
    um, no.

you want people to heal so you can dps. tough, if you want more clerics healing, go roll one.
    You do know that the Bard doesn't have sufficient heals for spike damage right?

And you're right - I'm considering rolling a Cleric because we have too many people who are too selfish.

snc
    Rift Disciple

You do know that the Bard doesn't have sufficient heals for spike damage right?
    Quoted for truth. The HPS on a bard is there to counteract splash damage not to single target heal.

Telaran

but with the huge shortage of clerics I may have to run with one.
    There you go... if you want heals... play a healer

Shadowlander

Gotta love this age old discussion.
    Healers always being told to heal more/better, healers telling others to roll a healer themselves.

Either way, I'll be healing in the 'Fronts.

"Heal Better"

How about, shut the f**k up and go re-roll.

We're not heal bots, we do like to DPS from time to time.

Thanksbye.

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Elux View Post
    "Heal Better"

How about, shut the f**k up and go re-roll.

We're not heal bots, we do like to DPS from time to time.

Thanksbye.
    lolumad?

it's not about healing better. It's about being unselfish and realizing you can contribute better healing over dpsing.

You do want to win right?

lolumad?

it's not about healing better. It's about being unselfish and realizing you can contribute better healing over dpsing.

You do want to win right?
    It wasn't a rage directed at you, It was just a general "This is how I feel everytime someone tells me to heal more".

Yes, you're telling us Clerics that if we don't heal, you won't win.

Yes, we want to win, but we want to have fun doing it, if you want to live, roll a cleric yourself.

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

I have a mage (38), Rogue (28) and a cleric (29)

When I do warfronts, my mage is warlock/chlor and tops the heals, when I take my rogue in (as a bard) I also top the heals.

But I do not take my cleric in a pup warfronts as too many people complain, "why did you not keep me up when I charged into the 15 other players?"

So now I only take my cleric in when its part of a premade group, and I only heal thoses in the group.

Too many people out there who do not want to roll a healer themselves except me to save their *** when they do stupid things and get all the glory.

At least when I am playing my chlor or bard, no one complains that I did not heal them.
    Last edited by Natjur; 02-17-2011 at 06:42 PM.

"people are too selfish"?

You're the one who thinks he has the right to tell other people how to play their game.
    When you start paying for my subscription, then you can start telling me what class/spec to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightchrome View Post

You're the one who thinks he has the right to tell other people how to play their game.
    When you start paying for my subscription, then you can start telling me what class/spec to play.
    Amen my brotha!
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

Yeah, I agree with this also.

Even so, I'll be healin ppl come the release. A nice healin Role for PvP hasn't hurt yet.... Except for the 3p cost :-(.

Plane Walker

I'm not demanding, I'm suggesting. If you don't want to, go ahead, I'll just keep note of it so that I know I should not depend on heals from you.

If you didn't know, you can't run warfronts solo. Notice how everyone is lumped into a raid? If you want to have the best success in a warfront, you need a good balance between DPS and heals and tanks if applicable.

But please, do tell me, because I'm interested - why would you want to run as a DPS in a warfront when you're the only cleric around? It's a lot more fun and efficient to win a warfront.

Some people just really hate healing.
    Cleric =/= healing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast