+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Starting Soul

Soulwalker

Default Starting Soul

So, my first character was a warrior. I hadn't read the forums or anything beforehand and chose the Soul that most appealed to me.. the awesomeness of dual-wielding. I honestly don't remember what soul it was, as I deleted the character and made a Necromancer after 5 minutes.

The Soul I selected gave me my first ability, and it was something along the lines of Double Strike. Attack with both melee weapons at once. Only problem with this is that I had a sword and shield, and no knowledge of where to obtain another sword. I didn't take that into account when I attacked the first mob. I got him to about 90% before he killed me because I wasn't able to use the only ability given to me due to my choice.

Just a little frustrated, but no worries. I know now after reading the class descriptions that Riftblade uses a sword/shield combo so I'll probably just start off with that.

Or, if anyone can tell me where to get a second sword at level 1, I would go back and try out that soul that I can't remember.

Posted in the Warrior forums, but seeing as how the question itself (the above sentence) doesn't apply to only warriors, thought I might get more responses here.
    Last edited by Dmaster; 02-17-2011 at 02:51 PM.

You should start off with a 1H weapon weapon and shield and get another 1H weapon in the 1st quest you do to get your soul.

Just created a Defiant warrior to confirm, and yeah, now have 2 1h swords after the first quest.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHangman View Post
    You should start off with a 1H weapon weapon and shield and get another 1H weapon in the 1st quest you do to get your soul.

Just created a Defiant warrior to confirm, and yeah, now have 2 1h swords after the first quest.
    I think classes who are meant to dw get 2 swords at the start. Actually I'm pretty damn sure.

Rogues do, yes, warriors (Paragons) don't but get theirs on the first quest.

edit: Rogues get daggers to start, not swords.
    Last edited by TheHangman; 02-18-2011 at 06:01 AM.

Soulwalker

I geuss I just missed it. I just wasn't given an option to select any weapon when I picked my first soul. Alright, thanks for the info. Actually home today so will try my warrior again. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmaster View Post
    I geuss I just missed it. I just wasn't given an option to select any weapon when I picked my first soul. Alright, thanks for the info. Actually home today so will try my warrior again. Thanks again.
    Anytime. Have fun!

+ Reply to Thread