+ Reply to Thread

Thread: range rouge v pyromancer dps

Shadowlander

Default range rouge v pyromancer dps

with does more? really trying to have the brest single target dps and i cant decide any help? thanks

Ranged rogues are better at single-target. But if you notice in warfronts a lot of mages pyro and storm will top the damage done charts due to their AoE damage.

Shadowlander

ok ty i see what you mean i just like hard hitting classes

Shadowlander

cant agree. if played correctly with proper build pyro does way more damage....

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post
    with does more? really trying to have the brest single target dps and i cant decide any help? thanks
    ranged "make-up" artist ? what kind of color pallets do you use more frequent in your skill rotations ?...
    example of skill rotations :

#show Airbrush
    cast @focustarget cosmetic nebulization

#show FX Makeup
    cast @focustarget theatrical blood
    cast ooze

#show Fashion
    cast @focustarget avant garde makeup

Quote Originally Posted by TearsAndRoses View Post
    cant agree. if played correctly with proper build pyro does way more damage....
    Suggestions on Build and Casting order?

I've been playing MMORPG's for several years at the world wide level, I've taken both the classes and built what looks to be the strongest possible build for sustained ranged DPS. I've played both classes into the 30's and on a training dummy in sanctum, my marksmen destroys my pyromancer every time.

The only situation where my pyromancer is on-par is AoE fights.
    Beta Participated: SW:TOR, RIFT,EQ2:SF, EQ2:TSO, AoC, STO, GW, RO
    Veteran of: SWTOR, AOC (again), STO, EQ2, LOTRO, WAR, AoC, Van, DAoC, CoH, WOW, GW, Lin2, SWG, Lin1, AO, RO, EQ, UO, Medievia

Telaran

From what I've noticed so far on my 25 mage is that when I roll pyro/ele during warfronts, I can get great single target damage and decent AOE damage. I've never played a rogue marksman/ranger so i can't compare, but know that if given the time, I can crank out 500-650 crits with cinder regularly, and 300-400 crits with fireball and... some other insta cast ranged spell.

Granted cinder takes probably 4 or 5 seconds to cast, and fireball 2 to 3, so it's hard for me to be able to have the time to cast those spells... so I don't have the opportunity often.

Shadowlander

As a 42 pyro, I can hands down say (at this level) that a ranged rogue, destroys pyro single target dps. Cast times hinder the mage reducing the damage overall in the fight, marksman/ranger are able to spam their abilities contantly and the marksman himself has ridiculous burst at this level. (Have been 3 shotted many times.) They can survive longer which results in more dps.

Example: A marksman strafe, they can move around and kill a mage within seconds, or even another rogue for that matter, and with it's buggy state they can just walk behind a tree whilst you have to gain los. A pyro has to sit there and spend 4-5 seconds (unless you have gone top into the pyro tree for reduced cooldowns.) to let their biggest burst spell out, which can crit in the range of 900-1200 for myself. But in the time I have done this, a ranger could already have 5 points on a target and be building a finisher, which if also crits, probably has a complete damage total of 2k-3k.

But hey, thats just my opinion.
    Last edited by Neuros; 02-18-2011 at 08:04 AM.

Telaran

So, then mages need more survivability? perhaps that would balance things out? I understand every class has their kyriptonite classes they just can't beat in most situations, but it appears that every other damn class is our kyriptonite. lol.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Neuros View Post
    As a 42 pyro, I can hands down say (at this level) that a ranged rogue, destroys pyro single target dps. Cast times hinder the mage reducing the damage overall in the fight, marksman/ranger are able to spam their abilities contantly and the marksman himself has ridiculous burst at this level. (Have been 3 shotted many times.) They can survive longer which results in more dps.

Example: A marksman strafe, they can move around and kill a mage within seconds, or even another rogue for that matter, and with it's buggy state they can just walk behind a tree whilst you have to gain los. A pyro has to sit there and spend 4-5 seconds (unless you have gone top into the pyro tree for reduced cooldowns.) to let their biggest burst spell out, which can crit in the range of 900-1200 for myself. But in the time I have done this, a ranger could already have 5 points on a target and be building a finisher, which if also crits, probably has a complete damage total of 2k-3k.

But hey, thats just my opinion.
    I agree. Pyro makes for a decent pvp soul (in a well rounded group) due to the burst potential, root, flicker and aoe. But, it is mediocre in single target dps and is outdone by most of the other dps mage souls.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sionis View Post
    So, then mages need more survivability? perhaps that would balance things out? I understand every class has their kyriptonite classes they just can't beat in most situations, but it appears that every other damn class is our kyriptonite. lol.
    To be quite honest, I would hate for this to happen. You are a mage, you wear cloth armor, it makes perfect sense to die insanely fast. Just as Bad said, pyro as a pvp sole (which is really the only viable one for pure dps) is effective in a group, where you know you will recive heals. IF they were to gain more surviability, it would only encourage reckless play and could even cause balance issues. I dont care about getting insta killed if focussed, its part of the game, because if a mage is allowed to sit at the back for a long period of time, you will be able to kill people, just not as fast as a marksman for example (at this level, keep that in mind.) At the moment, the only class that I feel needs to be ajusted is the cleric, but only the mele souls, they need an increase in damage.

This is however not endgame so nothing is certain.

Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by curiositykilledthecat View Post
    ranged "make-up" artist ? what kind of color pallets do you use more frequent in your skill rotations ?...
    example of skill rotations :

#show Airbrush
    cast @focustarget cosmetic nebulization

#show FX Makeup
    cast @focustarget theatrical blood
    cast ooze

#show Fashion
    cast @focustarget avant garde makeup

Hahahha i see what you did there!!
    "Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrows" (Auron, FFX)

+ Reply to Thread