+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why should a bards be the best healers in warfront?

Rift Disciple

Default Why should a bards be the best healers in warfront?

You throw in a couple of bards able to heal the entire raid with no range limit and they are going to throw the numbers WAY off. Clerics never get close to bard healing because cleric souls have "burst" heals that dont heal burst damage in warfronts. They also have pesky things like range, line of sight and the fact that some of their group heals still dont work.

Come on Trion, you can do better than that. I know you love rogues so much you give them everything but come on you can let clerics actually be the best healers. What else are clerics good for ... single target damage, area of effect damage, tanking ... the cleric class fails in all of them.

The fact that a bard or a chloromancer can heal just as well or better than a cleric speced with 3 ... that is right 3 ... healing souls is downright poor class design. That isnt even adding in the fact that the cleric spent all of his points into HEALING while the rogue and mage did not.

Wow, just wow.

Soulwalker

I can only speak from the Lower brackets, but in my Warfronts I Equal a Bard in healing as a Warden/Purifier/Sentinal, while throwing out some damage. I can however see the point that a Bard should not be able to Heal as much as a 3 Soul Healer Cleric, doesn't seem fair. I also feel the same for Rogues and Clerics Tanking aswell as a Warrior who has 3 Defensive Souls. It should be Support/Off Tank compared to a Warrior and Cleric Full specced.

Clerics should not be the best healers at all, they get heavier armor than both the mage healer and the rogue healer which means they are not in nearly as much danger of dying as the other two. The sturdier you are the lower your output should be as a general rule, at least in my book.

That said, if a cleric goes dedicated full healer I do think they should be doing very good healing, but I don't have one high enough to judge one that one so I have no idea where they really stand as far as end-game goes.

I also believe very strongly in the idea of different style heals and the game seems to do that somewhat. Mage healers do their best healing when doing damage (unless I totally miss-understand Chloromancy), the bard does great AoE healing, and clerics are supposed to be great single target healers. Am I missing something or is that fairly accurate? I'm new to the game, I haven't done tons of research, but that seems to be what I've seen so far.

Why does having 3 healing souls mean they should be better then the mage or rogue healer soul?

The 3 give you 3 different ways to heal. It does not in anyway mean you will be healing 3x the amount of others.

You're kidding yourself if you think Cleric or Rogue tank won't be as effect as a warrior tank. You are not locking yourself into a role when you select one of the 4 class types. It's the wrong way of thinking in this game.

Of course bards are going to top healing numbers with mass aoe heals. Those numbers mean nothing when a group works together to spike a target and the only heals that will matter are the clerics. I'm surprised you are complaining.

Yay, another thread with the same, tired, old argument.

First, get better at healing, and you won't be destroyed by Bards. Check out your Cleric spec, look at what you're healing and just raise your skills.

Second, Bards do a LOT of healing over a LOT of people, but they can't do squat if they or another single person is being burst down. Bards have no shields, no direct heals, and if they can't land Cadence (20m range, can miss), or can't keep it channeled, they can't build CPs, which are needed for their healing and finishers. If that happens, then Motif of Regen is the only healing they have going out.

Comparing Bard healing to Cleric healing is just silly. I'm sorry that you're not getting to feel special by being on the top of the leaderboard, but then PvP isn't all about the leaderboard, right? I've played a Bard in WFs, and honestly, I'd give anything for a way to save an ally who's being burst down, but then I realize that would make me a Cleric, and that's not what I want. You get burst heals, shields, set it and forget it HoTs, no CP requirements, and I get a nice spread of heals that helps mitigate a bit of DoT and overall damage.

Most Healing /= Best Healer

Knock it off with the simple-minded thinking.

LYANNA
    Rogue and Raid Leader of Grievance
    www.grievanceguild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Phanatic View Post
    Why does having 3 healing souls mean they should be better then the mage or rogue healer soul?
    just fyi, there is no such thing as a "rogue healer soul". There are 4 healer souls in Rift, 3 cleric and 1 mage.

Bards do heal, but they're not a healing souls, regardless of how they parse under certain circumstances.

You show me a bard solo-healing FC at 30 and Breach at 35, then we can talk about renaming them to a healer soul.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

I've said before in numerous threads - I think that there should be an additional stat in the warfront rankings for percentage healed. It would represent the average percent of target's health healed per cast. Bards would get like 3% on it by the end of the warfront. Spike healers would get much, much higher.

Spike healing is a very different thing, and ultimately more useful in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyanna View Post
    Yay, another thread with the same, tired, old argument.

First, get better at healing, and you won't be destroyed by Bards. Check out your Cleric spec, look at what you're healing and just raise your skills.

Second, Bards do a LOT of healing over a LOT of people, but they can't do squat if they or another single person is being burst down. Bards have no shields, no direct heals, and if they can't land Cadence (20m range, can miss), or can't keep it channeled, they can't build CPs, which are needed for their healing and finishers. If that happens, then Motif of Regen is the only healing they have going out.

Comparing Bard healing to Cleric healing is just silly. I'm sorry that you're not getting to feel special by being on the top of the leaderboard, but then PvP isn't all about the leaderboard, right? I've played a Bard in WFs, and honestly, I'd give anything for a way to save an ally who's being burst down, but then I realize that would make me a Cleric, and that's not what I want. You get burst heals, shields, set it and forget it HoTs, no CP requirements, and I get a nice spread of heals that helps mitigate a bit of DoT and overall damage.

Most Healing /= Best Healer

Knock it off with the simple-minded thinking.
    ^^^ This ...

Reminds me of folks complaining when a certain class tops the DPS charts by spamming instant cast DoTs everywhere. THey don't actually kill anyone, they just rack up lots and lots of little numbers.

Don't get me wrong, having the bards bring everyone up slow but sure to max health is good as it allows the Clerics to focus on what they can do best, keep specific players from dying due to focus fire and such.

Rift Disciple

Default heh

I think all the important stuff has already been said.
    But being a bard, and probably ONLY a bard for a very long time, I do not look forward to the time when people realize that the guy standing 20m away strumming his lute is far more important than that person they're desperately trying to dps down. :P

Quote Originally Posted by ChronicD View Post
    I think all the important stuff has already been said.
    But being a bard, and probably ONLY a bard for a very long time, I do not look forward to the time when people realize that the guy standing 20m away strumming his lute is far more important than that person they're desperately trying to dps down. :P
    This lol. You can just see them standing there as the gears in their head slowly turn and click into place. A few seconds later the bard is eating turf.

lol at bard being called a "healer"

Quote Originally Posted by Vadar View Post
    Of course bards are going to top healing numbers with mass aoe heals. Those numbers mean nothing when a group works together to spike a target and the only heals that will matter are the clerics. I'm surprised you are complaining.
    Pretty much this. The only issue I can seeing being legit is that they can not really go OOM. I suppose a dominator could drain their energy, but still, it goes right back up and takes a while for the Dom to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    Pretty much this. The only issue I can seeing being legit is that they can not really go OOM. I suppose a dominator could drain their energy, but still, it goes right back up and takes a while for the Dom to do it.
    This is one of those odd birds, because Bard healing does come from Energy. I can say this though, if I'm seriously trying to mitigate damage, and using my Cadence/Power Chord/Riff/Coda to heal, I'm usually also staying almost energy starved, while still just providing buffer healing. A Cleric has a single bar that goes down at a nice steady pace, and if the team works efficiently, they can find a moment to get that bar back to full. A Rogue deals with constantly hitting little walls of starvation. It's a trade of sorts.

I definitely do feel for Clerics getting their mana burned away, and wish there was some sort of mitigation against that happening so easily.

As for PvP, yeah, that lute is like an aggro magnet. By the time I put my Motifs up, I'm being chased! It's great.

LYANNA
    Rogue and Raid Leader of Grievance
    www.grievanceguild.com

I haven't done a Warfront yet so please pardon my ignorance. Does the "Healing Done" chart include overhealing or just effective?
    Srilan <Memento Mori> - 50 Bahmi Mage - US-Shadefallen
    Ziva <Memento Mori> - 50 Eth Rogue - US-Shadefallen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast