+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: A way to fix riftblades and make them less spammable and more enjoyable.

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    56

    Default A way to fix riftblades and make them less spammable and more enjoyable.

    I have been playing my RB/VK alot this beta so far. I have been hearing alot of complaining about the synergy of this combo. The major reason for the synergy is pacts stacking with flamespear, which is a spammable 20m range ability. Basically the combo that any RB will do is flamespear spam, fiery burst, etc.. discharge when u have enough pacts.
    I thought of a great idea, imo. Putting a 9 second cool down on flamespear and upping the dot damage a little to compensate. Aswell as putting a 15% buff to searing strike while the dot is on the target. Pacts will still stack with flamespear but you will have to get close and use searing strike to get enough stacks to be able to do any damage with discharge. This will turn riftblade into a ranged/melee hyb rid instead of a ranged spam bot. This will also give us a reason to use frost strike, lightnign strike aswell since we have to go melee. I also think that frost strike should be put on a few second cooldown and cause water damage and maybe up the damage boost a little to compensate. The combo will still wreck casters for obvious reasons but hey that is what the build is suppose to do. I cant say if the damage would increase this way or go down, but it would add alot more flavor to the riftblade class, and gie us a reason to use 2h weapons. I thin this would stop alot of people complaining about faceroll RB/VK builds. hopefully.
    All in all i think these changes would give RB's more flavor, more skill oriented, and alot less faceroll. So a quick recap, 9 second cd on falmespear, up dot damage, with 15% boost to searing strike while dot is on target. Frost strike, couple second CD, water damage, up damage boost slightly, this gives a reason for a such combo, flamespear, frost strike, searing strike, etc...
    Let me know what you all think, and throw out some more ideas, Riftblade's and VK's are by far my favorite, both fluff and style, other then the spamming of flamespear lol.

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    56

    Default

    bump bump

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple CaliberXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motojoe04 View Post
    bump bump
    Eeeh, i dunno. They seem alright to me. Maybe some cooldown or something may help, but i dont think this will be much of an issue at higher levels.
    1.1 Put RIFT in Intensive-Care Ward.
    50 Warrior

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    9 seconds cooldown is a bit excessive I think. They should add a 4-6 seconds cooldown on flamespear,decrease the ranged DPS of RBs by like 25% and increase their melee DPS (as a generic buff maybe toggleable, not just searing strike) by an appropriate amount (20-25%).

  5. #5
    snc
    snc is offline
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Signed. I thought this idea independently myself after i discovered how dumb it was.

    I was enjoying playing warrior until i discovered the forbidden fruit then i realized how much faster it was to level and i just couldnt bring myself to go back to meleeing because it was so garbage compared.

    Eeeh, i dunno. They seem alright to me. Maybe some cooldown or something may help, but i dont think this will be much of an issue at higher levels.
    seem alright to you? It seems alright that the warriors highest damage ability is in fact a ranged move that is spammable w/ no cooldown? Makes sense to you that if you are ever in melee dmg as a warrior you're putting yourself in an unnecessary risk when you can sit back 20 yards. Seems alright to you that you can play a class from 1-50 using 3 abilities and never need to do anything else i.e. snare, spear, burst and repeat. It's actually NOT worth it to interrupt because you lose damage so yea... doesn't seem alright to me. I'd like to play my warrior as a melee class and right now that's not really an option seeing as the actual melee specs do significantly less dps and are far less survivable

    Melee (physical) damage needs buffed for sure. It's really hard to say if flamespears dmg needs nerfed as it doesn't do more dmg than my rogues dps so it could be fine once phsyical dmg is put where it should be coz right now a healer can tank me indeffinately unless i mana drain them 100% which on my rogue i can solo any healer fairly effectively
    Last edited by snc; 02-17-2011 at 02:45 AM.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander -Myth-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    17

    Default

    If there is a problem with stacking attack modifier combinations from various warrior souls making certain attacks overly effective then the stacking should be addressed not nerfing ranged instants for warriors. That same balance approach has already been taken with the sabatuer bombs.

    Trion has put ranged instants in several warrior souls, many have more than one, so it's apparent that warriors are intended to be able to spam ranged attacks at medium range effectively. Where that's too effective the damage needs to be modified, not the timing.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    184

    Default

    The problem is that riftblade is one of the few viable specs to actually pvp in. In any large scale fighting your targets are going to have anti cc so you cant root or slow them down and will be bunny hopping all over the place to disrupt the line of sight. You will be trying to swing your weapon but can never catch up with the server lag to actually land a blow. In order to hit something you have to root or stun it. And Bull Rush stun and the AoE fear lets you get two hits in before your target starts running all over the place.

    The riftblade gives you a 50% movement debuff that is spammable. It also is at range so that all that jumping around doesnt mess with you being able to hit with your attacks. Plus the riftblade has a silence and root on a 15 sec timer and an AoE snare that interrupts both are awesome for pvp.

    I am letting you know now that Rift pvp is going to be a range fest. The server lag trying to detrermine where everyone is added to no collision detection is going to see to that. Playing a warrior means either paladin or reaver AoE attacks that do little damage and can easily be healed by the bards. Or you can be a melee warrior that better have someone else rooting or stunning for you so you can clean up. If you dont have someone disabling your targets first a melee warrior is going to just be running around chasing people until someone helps you .

    The best option for a single warrior in warfronts is the riftblade/voidknight. Best damage and best survivablity FOR A WARRIOR. However, if you are warrior dont expect to be crushing it unless you have some support. Trion has decided to let that be the rogue class.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Ummm ok...here are a few options instead of complainning like a 5 year old girl...

    1. Play a different class.

    2. Play the same class but use only your melee skills.

    3. Play the same class, use all your abilities but put yourself on a timer.


    Instead of ruining it for the people who may enjoy it, why dont YOU change. Your like the people who complain about television shows yet you never change the dial yourself so the rest of the people have to suffer.

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dallan View Post
    The problem is that riftblade is one of the few viable specs to actually pvp in. In any large scale fighting your targets are going to have anti cc so you cant root or slow them down and will be bunny hopping all over the place to disrupt the line of sight. You will be trying to swing your weapon but can never catch up with the server lag to actually land a blow. In order to hit something you have to root or stun it. And Bull Rush stun and the AoE fear lets you get two hits in before your target starts running all over the place.

    The riftblade gives you a 50% movement debuff that is spammable. It also is at range so that all that jumping around doesnt mess with you being able to hit with your attacks. Plus the riftblade has a silence and root on a 15 sec timer and an AoE snare that interrupts both are awesome for pvp.

    I am letting you know now that Rift pvp is going to be a range fest. The server lag trying to detrermine where everyone is added to no collision detection is going to see to that. Playing a warrior means either paladin or reaver AoE attacks that do little damage and can easily be healed by the bards. Or you can be a melee warrior that better have someone else rooting or stunning for you so you can clean up. If you dont have someone disabling your targets first a melee warrior is going to just be running around chasing people until someone helps you .

    The best option for a single warrior in warfronts is the riftblade/voidknight. Best damage and best survivablity FOR A WARRIOR. However, if you are warrior dont expect to be crushing it unless you have some support. Trion has decided to let that be the rogue class.
    Sadly this is true. A group of marksmen with a pally and a chloro healer of all things would rip through this game.
    Last edited by arrgy; 02-17-2011 at 04:14 AM.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snc View Post
    Melee (physical) damage needs buffed for sure. It's really hard to say if flamespears dmg needs nerfed as it doesn't do more dmg than my rogues dps so it could be fine once phsyical dmg is put where it should be coz right now a healer can tank me indeffinately unless i mana drain them 100% which on my rogue i can solo any healer fairly effectively
    Melee damage of a Riftblade is STILL MAGICAL. Not physical. Buff melee....not buff physical.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arrgy View Post
    Ummm ok...here are a few options instead of complainning like a 5 year old girl...

    1. Play a different class.

    2. Play the same class but use only your melee skills.

    3. Play the same class, use all your abilities but put yourself on a timer.


    Instead of ruining it for the people who may enjoy it, why dont YOU change. Your like the people who complain about television shows yet you never change the dial yourself so the rest of the people have to suffer.
    This is a dumb post. Flamespear is currently a terribly designed ability. It hits for about 70% more damage than any warrior melee spammable. im fine with the riftblade being a ranged warrior but then why does the spammable ranged attack have a dot portion that just gets overwritten. Flamespear needs to do half the damage it does than it does then it needs to be able to stack with itself 3 times similar to fiery burst from nightblades.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker Dosequis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    So I take it all this balance talk comes from people's extensive experience at level 50?

    Is there a subset of easier classes to pvp with at low level? Absolutely. Do we have any idea of end game balance (ie the balance that truely matters)? Nope.

    People need to stop the QQ about things being "broken" when it has been said several times that souls are not evenly balanced 1 through 50. At different levels, different souls are more powerful than others. Once we see how flamespear/discharge is balanced in end game pvp, only then can we start the tear train.

    Sheesh
    To know what one does not know is in itself, a kind of wisdom.

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    This is a dumb post. Flamespear is currently a terribly designed ability. It hits for about 70% more damage than any warrior melee spammable. im fine with the riftblade being a ranged warrior but then why does the spammable ranged attack have a dot portion that just gets overwritten. Flamespear needs to do half the damage it does than it does then it needs to be able to stack with itself 3 times similar to fiery burst from nightblades.
    If your flamespear is doing 70% more damage than your strikes you need a new weapon. My flamespear on a 34 riftblade is hitting for ~240 and my strikes for around 200.... and im using a level 22blue 2hander. Thats roughly a 20% damage difference, which is still noticeable but largely due to bad gear. Keep in mind that flamespear is a static damage with no weapon coefficient, this means that when you get new skillranks it will feel MUCH stronger than other spells but as you get to the levels right before a new rank the gap closes. Once you get continually scaling epic items flamespear will fall to the wayside, hence why it received a buff and not a nerf last patch as developers realized the ability is great early game but lacking in endgame.

    Flamespear is fine, it is meant to be spammable so warriors don't get kited forever in PvP. The DoT is there to promote not spamming in PvE when you can just maintain the dot and use strikes. Learn to counter the riftblade with silences (like you would any caster), kiting, and dominator's Transference. Oh and don't try to 1v1 one standing toe to toe without a heal or using cc.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched wraith228's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    207

    Default

    What the people asking for nerfs don't realize, because they obviously don't read how the skills work, is that flamespear does not scale with your weapon, i.e. it becomes weaker and weaker compared to skills based on weapon dmg +%. The skill does not need to be nerfed whatsoever. Ultimately there will be little use in spamming it because it will not be very powerful...so stop coming up with nonsense if you don't even know what you are talking about.
    Last edited by wraith228; 02-17-2011 at 07:41 PM.

  15. #15
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    56

    Default

    I was just making a suggestion for the people that are QQing about it, if you actually read my post you will see that. Also flamespear and every other elemental damage based attack RIFTBLADES have does SCALE with gear! they scale with AP not SP, how about you know what YOU are talking about before acting like an ***, mm k.
    I dont know why i even bother posting on these forums. Anyway see you all at headstart. peace and GL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts