+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Plea to all classes of RIFT. [Discussion]

Lightbulb A Plea to all classes of RIFT. [Discussion]

With any MMO, there are bound to be the players that 'disagree' with how their class works, or how others classes work, or how they or others utilize their class.

Every class has weaknesses and strengths and it is how good of a player the actual person is as to how well they do with their class/classes. A lot of people are spamming forums about "X class is OP, NERF IT". Honestly... Do you REALLY think you have solid ground for what you believe to be 'unfair' or 'overpowered'? I have seen about three to four SOLID-MATH based concerns and discussions about some classes and their balance in RIFT, as PVE/PVP. These discussions actually raise valid basis for some sort of implementation/intervention by the Devs, and perhaps they may look into it, because these threads generate reputation and insight creative discussion and insight into the games mechanics.

Now, i don't expect anyone to listen to me, but maybe, just before you get beaten because another player is better than you, consider actually doing some research and putting forth a valid and decent discussion about what you think should change or be implemented, or what your concerns are. You should base these on ACTUAL research, not just because you can't play the game as well as somebody else.

When it comes down to it, you're not always going to win. Sure, some classes may be a bit viable than others in PVP, or some in PVE, but that's the IDEA! Every class has weaknesses and strengths, and because you may not decide to explore those strengths and weaknesses, and get your *** handed to you time after time because you'd rather mope and whine about all other classes beating you, coming to the forums and screaming and squealing for nerfs, is not only going to make you look like a TOTAL idiot, but it does nobody any good, will most likely get you abused on the forums because you've made no solid effort to put forth a discussion, and are just generally being a moron, and you won't come away feeling any better about the game or the players.

Feel free to let me and the rest of us know what you think about this, and classes/mechanics, really anything relevant.

TLDR; Think before coming to forums to whine and complain and screaming "NERF THIS AND THAT!!! Q_Q".
    If you agree with thing i have mentioned here, please rate this thread as good, or with stars (if that's how it works) So it generates interest, so people will read and stop flooding forums with useless 'NERF NERF NERF' threads, and will look more into how to be constructive with concerns and opinions.
    Last edited by CaliberXIII; 02-17-2011 at 12:34 AM.

Cookies and a 5 star to you, my friend.

Soulwalker

5 stars man, couldn't have said it better myself!

Shadowlander

I totally agree. I die easily on my 18 Warlock in WFs, but my damage output is solid and I'm proud of it (yes, I understand my experience is limited). Strengths and weakness are what Rift is all about, and it's why I love the class system so much.
    Innovation
    Mage of Mystery, a Lotham Guardian PvP guild

I could not agree more!
    I just hate the "Please nerf rock, paper is fine. Regards scissors" threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacman View Post
    I could not agree more!
    I just hate the "Please nerf rock, paper is fine. Regards scissors" threads.
    LOL, that made my day!
    Hahaha, glad so many of you are on board.
    Yeah, it gets to me so much, it's a bit egotistical but my signature is now a link to this thread.
    I just really want people to understand this idiotic way of thinking that is destroying games.
    1.1 Put RIFT in Intensive-Care Ward.
    50 Warrior

They'll just whine and ask them to nerf the forums or decent posts with constructive arguments/discussions instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerhtal View Post
    They'll just whine and ask them to nerf the forums or decent posts with constructive arguments/discussions instead.
    Lmao, yeah!
    NERF THE DEVS, THEYRE SO OP. SRSLY ZOMG. QQQQQQQ.
    Nerf the graphics, it looks too good.
    Nerf the forums, too many people ****ting on my nerf threads.
    Nerf the subscri- Well, actually, YEAH, NERF THAT!
    Nah, i honestly think the sub fee is not too bad.
    You get my point :P
    1.1 Put RIFT in Intensive-Care Ward.
    50 Warrior

Rift Disciple

Despite the annoyance that whiners definitely are, denial is not an option either.

Class inbalances exist. Even though most complaints in forum are baseless, sticking your hand into the sand and repeating "all is well" as a mantra is not the right thing either.

I have almost altogether stop reading the forums.

But once in a blue moon someone posts something on the mark fully.

Telaran

Tldr 10char
    I5 760 @ 4 ghz, 2x MSI GTX460 Hawks @ 1 ghz, 8G DDR3, Viewsonic PJD6211 on a 120" screen

Rift Chaser

I went with a burst build and kill lots of people, but I'm one of the first ones to die once they figure out who's dropping them. :\

Rift Disciple

Let me paraphrase this thread ... Please dont nerf my rogue.

I agree with the OP. Betas are definitely run to test game mechanics - but too many people think the game mechanics that really need testing have to do with class balance.

Nobody cares if you die to XYZ build so fast and you think that's unfair. Nobody cares if you think your class should be better or worse. The bottom line is, you can play any 3/8 souls in your class. There will be specs that ARE better for pvp than others. You can't just blindly put points into trees and QQ that you're not dominating classes you don't understand.

Unfortunately, there seem to be a ton of people that think every single build should have approximately the same dps, the same survivability and the same utility in pvp. These people are idiots. Not only would that be really boring, it would make Rift's main selling point....well....pointless.

Here's a tip. This game won't be balanced perfectly. Stop expecting it to be balanced (at least until level 50). At 50 you can start worrying about your XYZ build and if it is as viable as its tooltips seem to indicate.
    To know what one does not know is in itself, a kind of wisdom.

The PvP game can be chess, poker, rock/paper/scissors, or the NYSE as it relates to the value of luck compared to skill or predicting fickle trends needed to win (at the highest levels of competition). I wonder if it has simply become acceptable to make PvP either like poker or rock paper scissors in MMOs.
    Role play text is colored red

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast