+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Strongest pet out of the ranged classes

Telaran

Default Strongest pet out of the ranged classes

I am in debate about should I go with ranger or necro/elementalist. I like a very strong pet class and I got my mage up to 21 and see with proper spells on target necromancers dps pet is much better than air elementals damage.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience between the two classes ranger/mage pet classes on the difference between damage on pets. Also have no idea about Blood Raptor and have to go pretty high up the tree (all the way actually) to see how good of pet it is compared to others. I'm guessing that is the PvE ranger pet?

having tried them all, the ranger pet seems to be the best, i imagine the necro pet at 50 being the best but even the high lvl ranger pet is sick as all get out so i doubt it. with just a few bard levels the ranger pet can solo mobs without you dps'ing it at all with how cadence heals it, taking 3 mobs at once = super easy as a bard ranger combo.

but elementalist are very weak right now, doubt they will get buffed but by themselves, they are terrible, no reason to play a full elementalist vs a necro if your goal is mage and pet, but the ranger/marksman combo is much better at pvp right now than necro since their dps is highest right now. and when i say highest, i mean highest period, i dont think anything parses higher than a ranger/marksman right now.

Rift Chaser

it's a trade off b/w ele and necro tho...ele can strive towards being less pet dependent, might do less dmg than necro pets, but have skills like slow,spell buff, and threat/aoe threat generation...while the necro tree focuses alot on the pet (such as keeping certain spells in rotation) and the pets' skills are more dmg oriented...

Soulwalker

it depends what you are looking for in a pet. I've seen a lvl 30 ele/chloro rock pet tank bosses in rifts( synergy on pet). Dps wise I would say necro.

+ Reply to Thread