Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 150

Thread: VKs and Saboteurs are ruining the game.

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,219

    Default VKs and Saboteurs are ruining the game.

    I've given in and gone back to VK even in their broken state just because of how many sabos/vks there are. This needs fixing asap.

  2. #2
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Next door to Frosty
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    I've given in and gone back to VK even in their broken state just because of how many sabos/vks there are. This needs fixing asap.
    Can you go in to some detail in a constructive way?

  3. #3
    Ascendant paspinall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,884

    Default

    The VK can die SO quickly still, yeah they can hit mages and clerics like a ton of bricks but yeah they can die too. Sabos cant say rally at the moment ours couldnt even get online properly.

    Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse


  4. #4
    Champion GoldenAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    515

    Default

    My champion doesn't have any trouble killing VKs and Sabos.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker Ciowyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    386

    Default

    exactly goldaxe, this game pvp is very much rock / paper / scissor style, VK are great against mana users, and average against none magic user, so go after them with Champions Paragon's or rogues, you be amazed what happens.

    Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    173

    Default

    I tend to play Void Knight at the moment agaisnt some classes yeah they are really good but as soon as a Champion comes hunting me down I can not stand upto them. Thats how it should be I hunt mages/Clerics the teams Dps hunts me. I dont scream broken every time I come across a class that counters mine.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Many changes I'm still trying to form an opinion about with some classes this round, but right now a few souls, such as rift/ VK and sabs really detract from the fun of PvP with how much ridiculous amounts of damage they do. And I say this being a main 31 rift/pally. I probably should just spec void knight, but that would take the challenge out of the game alltogether, and the last thing I want to see is riftblades nerfed into the ground because of this insane combo.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    24

    Default

    I can't imagine a decent rift/vk losing to champs, unless champs are broken now too, more testing for after sleep it seems.

  9. #9
    Champion GoldenAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wohden View Post
    I can't imagine a decent rift/vk losing to champs, unless champs are broken now too, more testing for after sleep it seems.
    If a champion beats a rift/vk, then champions are broken?

    Any build that invests into magic protection, or targets magic users should have a very difficult time defeating a build that uses no magic, but instead focuses all its power into melee attacks.

    Any champion would just rush you and kill you in seconds. It wouldn't even take much skill or a great weapon. A rift/VK really doesn't have ANYTHING protecting them against champions except for a couple of escape abilities to help them run away.

  10. #10
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenAxe View Post
    If a champion beats a rift/vk, then champions are broken?

    Any build that invests into magic protection, or targets magic users should have a very difficult time defeating a build that uses no magic, but instead focuses all its power into melee attacks.

    Any champion would just rush you and kill you in seconds. It wouldn't even take much skill or a great weapon. A rift/VK really doesn't have ANYTHING protecting them against champions except for a couple of escape abilities to help them run away.
    the problem here is, VK excel at destroying mana users, riftblade exel and destroying heavy armor users... put the 2 together and you get a class that should destroy most champions, though champ/riftblades will beat them lol, infact, i cant imagine being a warrior without riftblade in my spec right now... simply can't imagine it!

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wohden View Post
    I can't imagine a decent rift/vk losing to champs, unless champs are broken now too, more testing for after sleep it seems.
    Nope, champs get burst down in a couple discharges.

  12. #12
    Shield of Telara Arieste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    I've given in and gone back to VK even in their broken state just because of how many sabos/vks there are. This needs fixing asap.
    I'm level 37. Have been playing since beta 1. Have run dozens and dozens of instances. I've only grouped with 2 saboteurs in all that time. NEither of them ruined the game for me.

    I also played a saboteur to level 24 and i don't think i've ruined anyones gameplay either.

    Either you need to be more specific or you're wrong.

    If you're talking about PvP, you might want to mention that too, because PvP is a special (and arguably minor) part of the game and changes to it shouldn't effect the greater state of the game.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

  13. #13
    Shadowlander Emporio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arieste View Post
    If you're talking about PvP, you might want to mention that too, because PvP is a special (and arguably minor) part of the game and changes to it shouldn't effect the greater state of the game.
    PvP isn't a minor aspect. There's a very large percentage of players who play specifically for PvP, and further percentage who don't play exclusively for it but do expect it to be a large part of their gameplay experience. Not including PvP as a part of the "greater state of the game" is an incredibly massive flaw in logic.

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Classes who can tear apart a Void Knight:

    Champion. Paragon. Blade Dancer. Shaman. Justicar. Assassin. Marksman.

    Problem?

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocks View Post
    Classes who can tear apart a Void Knight:

    Champion. Paragon. Blade Dancer. Shaman. Justicar. Assassin. Marksman.

    Problem?
    You kidding? VK can demolish all of those. Classes that can beat a VK/RB/Para starts and ends with VK and Sabo.

    The thing I really find funny is that both sabo and VK are awesome conceptually. VK being an anti-mage warrior and sabo being a trapper. The problem is, neither class plays out like that. VK you just spam PC and discharge solo or just spam discharge with a healer target doesn't even matter. In fact, you do the same damage to every class except certain cleric builds and other VKs. Sabo you just spam charges over and over and again your target does not matter. You can drop a tank class to half in your first detonate. Why play anything else in a team oriented healing centric game that two souls can just brute force through solo?
    Last edited by Stimuz; 02-16-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts