+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Class with solo viability

Shadowlander

Default Class with solo viability

Hello all, I just rolled all classes, except scout, since this is my first beta and I want to test them all out. I don't really want to explain why I am not rolling a scout or even trying it, I just stay away from those classes. I usually play a healer or a warrior archetype in games so am already leaning towards those two, but I would like some opinions of the more "experienced" players so far.

Due to my varying hours of my job and my full time school schedule, the hours I play are obviously not set in stone. This is the reason I am looking for a viable solo class. I am not saying I will not be in a guild, but I for sure will be on at hours that the majority of my guild won't be.

To cut to the question, I want a class that has the ability to solo PvP. I don't need to be told that I will die by groups or people since this is an MMO and I know deaths will come. But, are there some classes that have good survivability mechanics or tricks that can help you in a pinch if I get over zealous ? :P

TL;DR

What class has the potential to solo PvP?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html

Play with the soul builder. Only you know your own playstyle, so trying some combos and putting points into stuff randomly is the only suggestion I have.

Are you asking for a class good in one on one? If so, that isn't really PvP, that is dueling.
    Are you asking for a class where you can solo kill multiple people, back to back, reliably? You may be asking for a class that is OP and will be balanced (nerfed) after launch. Not really a viable question either.
    Are you asking for a class that can solo full groups of other players? Doesn't exist, and if it theoretically would, it would not remain that way for long.

I recommend you decide what you want to play, and go with it. Every class can contribute in PvP in some way.

Oco

Shaman plus whatever else you prefer.

+ Reply to Thread