+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pure builds: Ever worth it?

Soulwalker

Default Pure builds: Ever worth it?

I've been brainstorming ideas to try for classes and before I get all crazy mixing and matching Souls, I was wondering if it's ever advantageous to build a mostly pure Soul with no secondary or tertiary.

Eh?

Ascendant

why would you ever do this? you get 66 points at 50 most you can spend in 1 soul is 51.

Soulwalker

I suppose my wording is a bit off. I mean moreso is it such a bad thing to allocate your points almost entirely into one soul. It would be pretty stupid to leave out excess points if they're there to use.

I probably shouldn't blitz bowls before asking questions.

Well I'm only really into the ro'm not sure about the other callings but in the rogue only Riftstalker would be good to max imo.

Plane Touched

Some cleric classes get a 36 point ability that once you put 36 points you get a bonus to a certain stat. every point put into that soul adds an additional stat bonus. So clerics certainly could benefit from putting all 50 points in.

Soulwalker

think you can pick 3-4 roles? so you could have 1 build 51-15 points an another 22-22-22 an so on depending on if solo grouped pvp they gave a lot of options overall too try an make one cookie cutter spec is silly but

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...28Post-Here%29

show a list of builds from past betas you can surf threw see what you like

most rogue callings are worth maxing actually, well, the melee ones anyways....

Ascendant

There is definitely a reason to max out souls, it just depends.

For Clerics - if you put 51 points into Warden or Sentinel, your heals will be considerably stronger than someone who only put 30 points into either, because (as someone mentioned) all souls have an ability that scales your strength depending on how much you devote into said line.

So for some pure roles - lets say you want the absolute best healer possible - you would be best off filling out either the Sentinel or Warden line.

I imagine it's the same with most classes. If you are trying to fill a specific role (DPS, Heals, Tank) then maxing out a class is probably the best idea. I am currently under the impression that a 51-point Marksman, for instance, is going to be the highest DPS in the game.

For the first run through to max level I would go pure build because if you don't...

1. Jack of all trades, master of none. You'll be average at best.

2. How will you ever learn your class if you do not test all your skills and see what works and doesn't.

Once you learn your class then you can put more points in other souls. Though me personally I would never put anything less than 40 because I think you will be seriously gimping your primary soul.
    Last edited by Mephster; 02-16-2011 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephster View Post
    For the first run through to max level I would go pure build because if you don't...

2. How will you ever learn your class if you do not test all your skills and see what works and doesn't.

Once you learn your class then you can put more points in other souls. Though me personally I would never put anything less than 40 because I think you will be seriously gimping your primary soul.
    1) So opinionated, you need back-up with info. Some souls compliment each other very well that for the first 30 levels, you want to spread them out evenly. (eg, some souls give +crit chance, +dmg, stat, at very early on)
    2) You can always learn your class(soul) later on after max out.

For OP, it depends on what role do you want to play. Some souls are best to max out, some are better to spread.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mephster View Post

just depends what you want to do...what the situation is...what your playstyle is...

personally, i prefer being a jack of all trades unless i'm instance running...but even in instances, sometimes there will be a need for a multitasker...

Rift Disciple

For most cleric souls (both dps and heals) there is a scale that significally improves your soul's main abilities for points spent over 36.

+ Reply to Thread