+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will Souls gain some Itemization restriction different from their calling?

Default Will Souls gain some Itemization restriction different from their calling?

Whats your thoughts of Souls gaining the ability to equip gear different from the other souls in their calling?

For example,

a Cleric soul,like shaman, that dual wields maces and axes.

or can all Clerics already do this?

can all clerics equip a 2hander weapon? Can all Clerics equip the same weapon and armor that other cleric souls can?

I would be interested to see gear restrictions as well. There are a variety of weapons for sub-classes, and it seems like some (in reference to the Clerics) may have more than one grade of armor as well.

I would assume that it would be based off of your main soul or simply "Cleric"

I would like a talent in the shaman soul to dual wield axes and maces. seems cool

Rift Disciple

here is an example for you to make it clear

Archetype/class = what you can wear
    Souls are for what you can do

this thus means that any soul within the archetype/class that you chose upon creation (cleric,mage,warrior,rogue) will restrict the items you can wear, thus the souls =ability/skills you can use within the archetype , archetype = items you can use. of course this is just the short and simple explanation.

this is how it works for now as said and explained by developers in interviews

hope this helps, i also super-sized it for you so it is easy to read.

Quote Originally Posted by curiositykilledthecat View Post
    here is an example for you to make it clear

Archetype/class = what you can wear
    Souls are for what you can do

this thus means that any soul within the archetype/class that you chose upon creation (cleric,mage,warrior,rogue) will restrict the items you can wear, thus the souls =ability/skills you can use within the archetype , archetype = items you can use. of course this is just the short and simple explanation.

this is how it works for now as said and explained by developers in interviews

hope this helps, i also super-sized it for you so it is easy to read.
    Not sure if this is correct or not. From the Cleric archetype page on the Rift website:

"Equipment
    The militant orders gird themselves in chainmail, and march into close combat wielding heavy, two-handed warhammers, or a simple combination of mace and shield. The more arcane priesthoods, meanwhile, wear cloth vestments, brandishing symbols of spiritual power such as staves, tomes, and totems."

http://www.riftgame.com/en/classes/cleric/index.php

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Hrm that could mean they can wear the chainmail, but the cloth gear has more favorable stats.
    * The ‘I’m Stuck’ button will stop getting stuck after 24 hours has passed. The irony of this is not lost on us, either.
    ~ The Most Awesome Amary

Quote Originally Posted by Aesu View Post
    Hrm that could mean they can wear the chainmail, but the cloth gear has more favorable stats.
    Dont think they have favorable stats, more that the armor will look clothy with a long robe or such over a chianmail which is mostly covered.
    Last edited by seefferor; 11-29-2010 at 07:19 AM.

Rift Disciple

warrior = plate
    cleric =chain
    rogue= leather
    mage= cloth

if for instance you are wielding a two handed weapon as a warrior and you have souls selected that grand you a shield bash ability then you probably wont be able to, the requirement would be having a shield equipped obviously.
    same with shaman who gives bonus to 2 handed blunt weapon, then obviously to gain anything from this skill you need to have a 2 handed blunt/hammer equipped.

guess we have to wait and see for ourselves how the equipment is or isnt restricted with souls within an archetype
    logically it would be very time consuming to make weapons and armor for every soul within an archetype.

but i wouldnt be surprised if they add soul specific items ,to boost certain abilities that are soul specific within the archetype / class when the game is retail.

i asked something like this in a dev chat and i got back all the gear / weapon of a class will be able to be used by all in the class no matter what souls they have at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    Not sure if this is correct or not. From the Cleric archetype page on the Rift website:

"Equipment
    The militant orders gird themselves in chainmail, and march into close combat wielding heavy, two-handed warhammers, or a simple combination of mace and shield. The more arcane priesthoods, meanwhile, wear cloth vestments, brandishing symbols of spiritual power such as staves, tomes, and totems."

http://www.riftgame.com/en/classes/cleric/index.php
    i interpret this as able to wear both mail and cloth, except mail might favour melee cleric (justicar/shaman) in terms of needed defense and stats. Cloth will favour the more usual kind of cleric with probably +magic stuff
    Taste Like Sugar But You're Novacaine

Quote Originally Posted by seefferor View Post
    Dont think they have favorable stats, more that the armor will look clothy with a long robe or such over a chianmail which is mostly covered.
    from the vids so far gear has stats... sounds like the cloth gear will be more caster based which would logically be biased towards the healers/casters of the cleric calling.. i'm really expecting things to be along the lines of heales in cloth gear to take maximum advantage of your class's role .. as after all..if your healer is getting hit.. then the raid has screwed up.
    And Shepard's we shall be for thee my lord for thee, power hath descendant forth from thy hand, may our feet swiftly carry on thy command, so we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be

In nomeni Patri et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggiefishier View Post
    from the vids so far gear has stats... sounds like the cloth gear will be more caster based which would logically be biased towards the healers/casters of the cleric calling.. i'm really expecting things to be along the lines of heales in cloth gear to take maximum advantage of your class's role .. as after all..if your healer is getting hit.. then the raid has screwed up.
    But this isn't exactly true in this game because of classes like the Justicar that heals by doing melee dmg. I feel that each class is going to obviously have a most desired stat but from my observations gear is going to have a variety of stats because there are going to be some hybrid builds that will require a variety of gear types to min/max.

Champion

Soo... all plate wearers are going to look exactly the same (in terms of armor) whether it's a Reaver or a Champion or any other Warrior soul?
    Last edited by FireWraith; 12-02-2010 at 04:46 PM.

Plane Touched

Yes. I believe Trion could gain from having separate gear per soul. This would give them the ability to tweak class's VIA gear stat distribution.

Players would also gain by being able to tell what primary soul is equipped for that class.

And not having gear specific to souls might even increase the chance of creating an adverse imbalance between class and soul combination's.

But honestly, I don't see the need for it and it limits my ability to mix and match souls, skills, stats and gear to a configuration I like.

Champion

They definitely need to have soul-specific gear, basing it on your primary soul.

I would really hate to only see 4 types of customization for end-game gear and appearance, that would be very lame.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast