+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Will Souls gain some Itemization restriction different from their calling?

Soulwalker

was reading through this, and not sure why it was mentioned earlier. one person did say something about lack of bonus of a 2h weapon if...of course your not rocking one. from the pictures weve seen, there IS a diffrence of pally armour from reaver armour, warden from justicar. I would venture to say its a safe bet based on your MAIN soul choosing. sure im being (hypothetical) but roll with it..lets say yeah im a warden/shammy/justicar, but my main soul is warden with shammy and justicar skills.......thuuuuus im rocking warden style armour. fair to say?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by FireWraith View Post
    They definitely need to have soul-specific gear, basing it on your primary soul.

I would really hate to only see 4 types of customization for end-game gear and appearance, that would be very lame.
    (IMO)

No, this is not going to happen, to accommodate each sole in one set would certainly create imbalances, IE a mele cleric with as large a mana pool as a full healer... ew.. Each class will have different sets of gear.

So, your pure healer spec will have x a set, while a mele-healer will have another, while your dot class will likely have yet another set. Simply because, 1 gear set cannot generally work for all souls but could possibly work for more than one or a group.

My bet is we will see at least 3 gear varieties for each class.

But I won't speculate on looks however. Even WOW had the same look on different sets.

I'd be happy if TRION does however, at the bare minimum, change the skin of the gear based on your primary soul. But then again, I've always been kinda slow to pick up what class a person is unless there is a something that really sticks out anyway. Like Season 2 arena gear was probably the only time I could recognize one class from the next. LOL

WoW.

I hate to dog on this game, but if all the armor weapons are used for the same arch type. AND specing is going to happen on the fly. Prepare everyone for a giant mirror brofest in the entire game. The only difference we have working for us in terms of being unique is our character creation... and yet we wont see it if we are all armored up anyways.

I can see it now, its going to come down to who has the cooler name?
    Warrior 1 tier 1 armor, can spec whatever
    Warrior 2 tier 1 armor, can spec whatever

Coin flip to pick.
    Tribe Gaming

Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    WoW.

I hate to dog on this game, but if all the armor weapons are used for the same arch type. AND specing is going to happen on the fly. Prepare everyone for a giant mirror brofest in the entire game. The only difference we have working for us in terms of being unique is our character creation... and yet we wont see it if we are all armored up anyways.

I can see it now, its going to come down to who has the cooler name?
    Warrior 1 tier 1 armor, can spec whatever
    Warrior 2 tier 1 armor, can spec whatever

Coin flip to pick.
    It's better than waiting around for hours just trying to get a certain class.

I would like to see specific gear restricted to specific souls.. I think it's fair to say that everyone would like to look unique in the game, while that not being entirely possible and still have good gear, at least being able to look different than the other 7 souls in your calling would be nice. But then again, having 4 different sets of gear for each different soul-build might also be a nuisance.

Excited to see how Trion handles this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2