+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cleric vs Rogue

Soulwalker

Default Cleric vs Rogue

Need help with my starting toon.

I am looking for help on this. Cleric vs. Rouge
    Maybe you can all rank how you feel each class will do head to head on a 10 point scale. Then I can tally the points.

Cleric Vs Rogue
    DPS – 8 10
    Tanking – 6 8
    Support – 9 8
    Healing - 10 7

Total 33 33

I keep getting a tie and maybe that’s how it is suppose to work. To be honest I am not even sure if these scores are even right. I am looking to you experts out there for some guidance. Cause I am still trying to learn all of this.

Mahalo

Its more complicated than that

What kind of things do you enjoy doing?

If by support you mean buffing, debuffing, CC and other utility... pretty much all 9 Cleric souls combined can't beat a Bard.
    Last edited by Tenison_Grey; 02-14-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vabjekf View Post
    Its more complicated than that

What kind of things do you enjoy doing?
    I enjoy all of the above. Thats what makes this painfull. lol

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tenison_Grey View Post
    If by support you mean buffing, debuffing, CC and other utility... pretty much all 9 Cleric souls combined can't beat a Bard.
    Thanks thats good info.

It really depends on what appeals to you. Mana or Energy? A bard is great, but they aren't a main healer by any means. (I know people have done an instance "with just a bard" but really). Figure out if you like the idea of all the souls that are offered in any given base class, and go from there.

If you like everything? Flip a coin.
    Quote Originally Posted by wraith228 View Post
    rogues ran around shootin lightning bolts out of their nuts and clerics had chainsaws for arms

<Hammered> PvE/PvP-Defiant, EST. Semi-Hardcore.
    is recruiting.

Open beta starts tomorrow - why not try them both out and see which one you like better? Characters will be wiped anyways before launch so there's no need to get attached to one, just try them both at and compare first hand.

Plane Walker

Uh Bard healing is not a 7. Not even close.

More like a 3. Bard healing can never compare to a Cleric and can never be substituted as a main healer.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Elmed View Post
    Open beta starts tomorrow - why not try them both out and see which one you like better? Characters will be wiped anyways before launch so there's no need to get attached to one, just try them both at and compare first hand.
    I have lvl both to 20 or higher. I have yet to tank with either and have yet to use the Bard. So that will be something I need to test this week. Thanks for the input.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by sinasdf View Post
    Uh Bard healing is not a 7. Not even close.

More like a 3. Bard healing can never compare to a Cleric and can never be substituted as a main healer.
    Thanks good info.

If you like both, play both.. Nobody can decide for you

-Santhil
    You're Pro or You're a Noob, that's life.

Officer of Fatality!

Quote Originally Posted by Palerider808 View Post
    I have lvl both to 20 or higher. I have yet to tank with either and have yet to use the Bard. So that will be something I need to test this week. Thanks for the input.
    With the most recent changes to both Riftstalker and Justicar (the tanking souls for Rogue/Cleric, respectively), this would be a great time to try them out to give some feedback.

Prior to the changes to Shaman and Vengeance of the Winter Storm and it's booster in the branch tree, I had a wicked melee dps build with full shaman and rest in warden. I could do upwards of 200+ each hit and had significant survivability 1 vs. 1. I got in a fight with an equal level bard (lvl 27) and neither of us could make any progress. I was definitely out damaging him but their heals were more than sufficient for what I was throwing. On the other hand, he couldn't make a dent on me. The honestly went 5 minutes with neither of us making any real progress until, as I was in Silverwood, some other Guardians happened across us and joined the fight against him - forcing him to attempt to retreat. It took myself plus two more (albeit they were of lower level) to finally bring him down. Most encounters I have had with bards, no matter which calling I was playing, show significant survivability and healing output.

I would still say that pure healing clerics will definitely out heal them but they offer more support to the group in other capacities such as through their motifs.

So try them out tomorrow and see which one ends up appealing to you more.

TDX

It will be difficult either way you go because both are very nice in all aspects. For the guy that said bards should be a 3 and can't heal, play one and try it out, you will be suprised ( post 20 they realy come into there own healing wise). Try them both I did minus Riftstalker which I am planning on this open beta.

Cleric v Rogue
    Tanking 8 ?
    DPS 9 9
    CC 7 10
    Healing 9 8

Now remeber even at lvl 20ish you might not like some of these, not all are instant "awsomeness" like most people want. Bard u will have to go 51 points into, seems the same for riftstalker as well (but i do not know for I have yet to make one to 50). The cleric DPS is also wierd you have your single target specs and the cab with some of the best ae I have seen form the 2 listed above ( mage not included). Try them all out, see what is your style and don't let anyone tell you you shouldn't try this or that.

Rift Disciple

Think of Bard as a good supplemental healer for raid environments. They are good at topping off group members, but not good at MT healing. But, they have the best buffs you could ask for.

Cleric on the other hand is an all or nothing healing machine. ST, AoE, HoTs...you name it. But 0 group utility outside of heals.

If you ask me, I wouldn't go into any raid without one of each.
    Tell you what, you remove the dps from Warriors and make them tanks only, and I'll stop being a Rogue tank. Until then, we finally have multiple roles instead of one. Get over it..

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Inexist View Post
    Think of Bard as a good supplemental healer for raid environments. They are good at topping off group members, but not good at MT healing. But, they have the best buffs you could ask for.

Cleric on the other hand is an all or nothing healing machine. ST, AoE, HoTs...you name it. But 0 group utility outside of heals.

If you ask me, I wouldn't go into any raid without one of each.
    Thanks good info. I will play around with both classes tanking spec this weekend. I have healed instances as a Warden. Now i want to use a bard in one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast