+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Respecing

Soulwalker

Default Respecing

Quick question, i know that you can change your talents or soul points but can you ever change your class choices and what I mean by that is, if i choose a cleric, and go with a warden/sentinel and purifier could i ever change to a druid/warden/sentinel or something else?

Yes i play wow, so i know i used a lot of wow terms.

Rift Chaser

you get 4 roles that allow you to auto switch b/w soul combinations and/or specs...you can put em in your hotbar, it's like a 2 sec cast out of combat...

Soulwalker

i think his question is that once you pick these 3 starting souls can you change the combination without using a new role, or once you choose 3 souls for a new role can you wipe that role slot clean and choose 3 different souls

Plane Touched

One important to thing to keep in mind is you won't have other 5 souls until you unlock them from doing quests at about the level 13-15 point. (Plus one more for doing PvP events.)

Aside from that, you're pretty much free to configure the souls you've unlocked. You'll need to visit a trainer to free up your invested points, though.

As for the additional roles (out-of-combat switching to different point configurations), you'll buy those from the trainer at escalating costs. Should probably look at that in terms of once every 5-10 levels.
    Last edited by geldonyetich; 02-14-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Rift Chaser

just click on any of your souls and it'll show the list of your other souls...i was switchin b/w nec/ele for diff pets in last beta

Just like in WoW you can visit your class trainer at any point and respec your talent trees (for a fee)
    At that point you can also swap out souls to something different.
    As mentioned before you can have up to 4 specs at any one time. The first extra costs 30g (which is relatively cheap) and the price goes up from there with the last one costing something like 20p ( Plat > Gold > Silver)
    Also just like in WoW you can swap between your specs with a press of a button (or 2) and TA-DA! New set of skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSorrow View Post
    So just because this doesn't work like every other game it's bad?
    Adapt, adopt and improve. If you can't do that, maybe it's something other than the game that's bad.
    Level 50 Cleric:Tuskon

I wrote a guide about it if you want to read it, its on my blog - http://thisisnotarift.blogspot.com/2...this-game.html

+ Reply to Thread