+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Better duo comp for a chloro/lock

Soulwalker

Default Better duo comp for a chloro/lock

In short ill have a 2 man team from the start, Chloromancer/lock and then me, which would compliment it the best for PVE-Quick Lvling and Endgame.

Warrior - Para/BM/Champ
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c....VgzbVzu0z.V0c
    or
    Rogue - MM/Rng/Sin
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cfu0kc.0VMcx0b

Build are a rough idea will change with patchnotes and going live. Both play styles appeal to me just not in beta to know damage output

Plane Touched

Blech, Chloro/Lock. It's like you're healing the party/yourself and then healing yourself again . I'm not sure what the Warlock would really add that the Chloromancer can't do itself, as the Warlock primarily is focused on enhancing Death damage and the Chloromancer does Life damage.

But you're not asking an opinion on that. You're asking an opinion on what would pair well with one.

If your goal is to race to the end game, I'd go with the Rogue build. You're primarily going to want DPS to pair with Chloro/Lock. Warlock's got a bit of DoT, but it's been my experience it's actually one of the lower DPS mage souls unless you pair it with Necromancer or something.

If your goal is to be competitive in end game... well, good thing soul resets are cheap and easy. ;)
    Last edited by geldonyetich; 02-14-2011 at 02:22 PM.

Soulwalker

This is probably a terrible chloro build but i havent really taken the time to go over the min/max i just know this is what my GF wants to play.
    The warlock tree is only there for buffs / tap no true source of damage

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...c0Ro.xxou0VVxo

Quote Originally Posted by geldonyetich View Post
    Blech, Chloro/Lock. It's like you're healing the party/yourself and then healing yourself again . I'm not sure what the Warlock would really add that the Chloromancer can't do itself, as the Warlock primarily is focused on enhancing Death damage and the Chloromancer does Life damage.

But you're not asking an opinion on that. You're asking an opinion on what would pair well with one.

If your goal is to race to the end game, I'd go with the Rogue build. You're primarily going to want DPS to pair with Chloro/Lock. Warlock's got a bit of DoT, but it's been my experience it's actually one of the lower DPS mage souls unless you pair it with Necromancer or something.

If your goal is to be competitive in end game... well, good thing soul resets are cheap and easy. ;)
    I'm pretty sure that if you talent Chloro right, you get all damage done to target as healing. SO the Lock DoTs become a constant source of healing. At least, that's what I saw on mine.

As to the original question, I would say a Melee Cleric or Warrior of some sort.
    Volanna, Mage of The Defiant guild Born In Chaos, of Freeholme......and yes, I do like Tacos.

seems like chloro/lock is going to do ok DPS and solid healing but zero tanking. So, you need a tank.

I vote for riftblade or DPS warrior.
    Last edited by BrownTrout; 02-14-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Shadowlander

Leveled to 34 beta 5 and beta 6 Chloro/warlock
    Warlock secondary works great with at lest 8 points in it for the Sacrfice Life:Mana and then Reconstuct for Zero downtime.

And yes the warlock dot's are triggering heals but at a tad lower output....i stack them always solo with Radiant Spores and Withering Vines
    I actually use void bolt over Vile spores (when solo) due to extra dps and it equals out due to cast time to keep my personal health bar full if im perma casting void bolt. Toss in a Neddras Torture and Entropic Veil as often as its up.. Keep Dark Armor and Lifegiving Veil alive always. Have fun!!!

probably a beastmaster, him and his pet can get in the thick of it, take the agro, and benefit from your spores etc

Rift Chaser

go aoe build...

+ Reply to Thread