+ Reply to Thread

Thread: the class for me on rift

Soulwalker

Default the class for me on rift

Hi im a wow player my main toon i pvp with is a paladin. so with that being said is there a class on rift that is simular to the ret paladin.i kno there is a paladin class but im not sure if its simular to wows paladin. what im tring to ask is what class do you guys think will suit my playing style here on rift. thanks in advance.

ps. i was thinking of going champion riftblade warlord i think it was.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Captinyaya View Post
    Hi im a wow player my main toon i pvp with is a paladin. so with that being said is there a class on rift that is simular to the ret paladin.i kno there is a paladin class but im not sure if its simular to wows paladin. what im tring to ask is what class do you guys think will suit my playing style here on rift. thanks in advance.

If only there was some kind of search function on the interweb that you could use to research this....

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by DJBro View Post
    If only there was some kind of search function on the interweb that you could use to research this....
    yea but its easier and alot quicker to just ask here on the forums i mean thats what they are here for right.

Plane Walker

yea but its easier and alot quicker to just ask here on the forums i mean thats what they are here for right.
    Yea apparently for you and the other 5 million posters with the same type of question.. and tbh, it would be much faster to check out the various wikipedias on rift with full class descriptions and ability lists instead of waiting for a response and getting half hearted sarcastic remarks from people like me.

Soulwalker

I'm right here with you. Trying to pick a class before tomorrow.

I played a lot of WoW too. If you're looking for a class similar to WoW's paladins (healing, melee DPS, and tanking capability), you're probably going to want to look at clerics. Rogues are also capable of some tanking and healing in RIFT, as I have been told, but I imagine clerics are more suited to what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by DJBro View Post
    HE SAID HE WAS A RET PALADIN!

Caps added for emphasis.
    Also, try Zam. Or possible conduct your own research on the official website? This isn't warcraft. Self sufficiency is a key in life.
    BTW, great thing about this game. Level a warrior and at 50 you decide you don't like the play style, guess what! You can respec and use different Souls!
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Rather than ask folks to tell you what to play, spend an hour with a good Soul Planner like this one:
    ZAM Soul Tree Calculator

It doesn't take long to see the synergies between the different souls. Then compare how the abilities from different souls sound to the abilities of your beloved WoW Ret Paly and you can maybe get a feel for what would be similar.

But honestly... why come to Rift to play a WoW Paladin? Live a little. Experience life. Try something new. Play a RIFT Paladin/Reaver/Warlord. Or for that matter a Rogue Riftwalker/Bladedancer/Bard. Or a mage class. Or a Cleric. You'd be surprised how little the classes adhere to the standard classification in this game.

More than anything else, play what sounds fun.
    "I came here like this so you'll know my word of death is true. And that my word of life is then true."
    - The Outlaw Josey Wales
    -------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread