+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Soul

Soulwalker

Default PvP Soul

How does the pvp soul tree work.. is it 3 souls + pvp with xtra points u gain via PvP or is it only combined with the other 3 like 2 souls + PvP

So 3 +1 total of 4 trees or 2+1 total of normal 3?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    How does the pvp soul tree work.. is it 3 souls + pvp with xtra points u gain via PvP or is it only combined with the other 3 like 2 souls + PvP
    So 3 +1 total of 4 trees or 2+1 total of normal 3?
    No. Its three souls only ever in one build.

Use a soul calculator and see for yourself.

Plane Touched

you can spend 21 points into your pvp soul. it is attained by getting a lot of pvp points thru warfronts of open world pvp. think of it like after you hit 50 you have a new way of lvling your char, thru pvp, and gaining points to distribute with each so called level.

the pvp soul itself will be divided into 4 linear paths: meaning one skill is a prerequisite of the one above, which is a prerequisite of the one above, etc etc.an example to explain is this: so for a warrior you can have a "tree branch" that is focused on hurting mages, and another focused on hurting armor wearers, another focused on taking less damage from spells and another focused on taking less damage from physical attacks.

So, this means, not only we have to work our butts off to find our perfect role in the combination of the 8 souls offered, but we have to combine these with the 4 possible linear paths in the pvp line!

example to elaborate:

Out of my 4 souls, I want one of them to be a devastating anti-mage tank.

So I choose Void Knight as my first soul, and say rift blade for second, and the pvp for the third. In the pvp line, i will spend my points into either the branch that lets me harm mages more, or the branch that makes me take less dmg from the mages.

Talk about customization. Talk about endless options. This system will be EXTREMELY difficult to turn into FOTM specs like other games, especially for PvP.

For more info on how PvP soul is gonna work, I strongly recommend you to listen to Rift Pod Cast Episode 28. Google it.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Iseldiena View Post
    you can spend 21 points into your pvp soul. it is attained by getting a lot of pvp points thru warfronts of open world pvp. think of it like after you hit 50 you have a new way of lvling your char, thru pvp, and gaining points to distribute with each so called level.

the pvp soul itself will be divided into 4 linear paths: meaning one skill is a prerequisite of the one above, which is a prerequisite of the one above, etc etc.an example to explain is this: so for a warrior you can have a "tree branch" that is focused on hurting mages, and another focused on hurting armor wearers, another focused on taking less damage from spells and another focused on taking less damage from physical attacks.

So, this means, not only we have to work our butts off to find our perfect role in the combination of the 8 souls offered, but we have to combine these with the 4 possible linear paths in the pvp line!

example to elaborate:

Out of my 4 souls, I want one of them to be a devastating anti-mage tank.So I choose Void Knight as my first soul, and say rift blade for second, and the pvp for the third. In the pvp line, i will spend my points into either the branch that lets me harm mages more, or the branch that makes me take less dmg from the mages.

Talk about customization. Talk about endless options. This system will be EXTREMELY difficult to turn into FOTM specs like other games, especially for PvP.

For more info on how PvP soul is gonna work, I strongly recommend you to listen to Rift Pod Cast Episode 28. Google it.

You mean out of your four ROLES. if you say 4 souls we are back to the misconception that people use 4 souls.

It's 3 souls 4 roles.

EDIT: You can pick any in your archetype for those three but you can only use 3 at once.
    Last edited by Beans; 02-14-2011 at 11:50 AM.

+ Reply to Thread