+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reaver or Cabalist best AOE

Default Reaver or Cabalist best AOE

I am looking to test an aoe toon and wanted to know which seems to be more efficient of a killer the reaver or the cabalist?
    SPEAK SOFTLY BUT CARRY A BIG STICK

- Reaver/Paladin

Xes
    Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hurst View Post
    I am looking to test an aoe toon and wanted to know which seems to be more efficient of a killer the reaver or the cabalist?
    Because of my play style I prefer Cabalist / Inquisitor to Reaver. But I cannot say which is better because I flat our don't like the reaver even if spreading plague is kinda fun.

reaver is great aoe dps, but you can't use it in a dps slot. in order to max your dps, you'll be using too many threat generators. if you want to fill a dps slot, go cabalist. if you want to tank and do alot of aoe damage, go reaver. champion makes a decent aoe dps warrior soul.
    Wurkt - Warrior - Reaver
    Lotham - Defiant
    Guild - http://sinsociety.enjin.com/home we are recruiting please pay us a visit!

Plane Touched

I'm pretty sure Cabalist blows Reaver out of the water. I could be wrong, though.

Plane Walker

Reaver is a tank, Cabalist is a dps... Should be apparent which one would come out on top and be more suited toward the role you want.

Quote Originally Posted by DJBro View Post
    Reaver is a tank, Cabalist is a dps... Should be apparent which one would come out on top and be more suited toward the role you want.
    Well it might seem obvious but I have heard/seen several different people play reaver and it seemed that it might be close, hence my question.

I wanted to try Cabalist/Warden/Druid (2 for pet/shield) I will test it out some tomorrow. Thanks for the input.
    Last edited by Hurst; 02-14-2011 at 01:25 PM.

- Reaver/Paladin

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Hurst View Post
    Well it might seem obvious but I have heard/seen several different people play reaver and it seemed that it might be close, hence my question.

I wanted to try Cabalist/Warden/Druid (0) I will test it out some tomorrow. Thanks for the input.
    I suppose, I definitely love playing Reaver for the AOE, the problem is, it's not a huge amount of dps, just a huge amount of threat. Though even if for some reason Reaver does better than Cabalist at this point it would have to be adjusted. Besides, I'm simply going on the assumption that anyone actually looking for best AOE prefers dps over tanking.

Testing it out is certainly always the best bet and we all have a full week to check things out before release

Definatly looking forward to tomorrow.

- Reaver/Paladin

Rift Disciple

Limited to just those two options? There are a few other strong AOE souls as well.

Soulwalker

Indeed...

Inquisitor is a pretty good AOE soul as well with their 31 point ability and Soul drain at 14 points root.

Justicar's Even Justice is pretty good for 5 targets as well.

Stormcaller is built around aoe.

Cabalist is AOE focused as well.

Sab with Chem Bomb, Anni Bomb, Time Bomb and full stacks of Shrapnel Charge (fully talented) is pretty nice AOE as well.

There seems to be no shortage of classes with good aoe abilities. And for a few of them you can even mix and match souls to double up on the AOE fun.

I'll personally be running an AOE leveling spec Cleric that is pretty fun. I've only had a chance to play with it at the lower levels tho.

+ Reply to Thread