+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Melee cleric build

Soulwalker

Default Melee cleric build

check it out:
    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...30212010000550

i am lurking here for some time reading posts and finding answers, i am realy aticipating this game and looking for a nice guild.
    please leave a comment or a thought on the build if you like.

Merc.

Hello & Welcome!

I also plan to do play Shaman combo build and I think spreading over 2 souls vs 3 is very smart. ^.^

The Justicar reminds me a little too much of the AoC priest .. where the heals are melee based and not straight-out heals. The more damage you do the more potent the heals.

Personally I like to have a definite heal that I can cast .. be it an instant or a HoT. Im not crazy about not having more control over the healing I generate.

It all depends on how you play I guess. The shaman / Justicar build could be very powerful melee opponent I think, but for me it just doesn't seem to have enough healing attributes to be considered one of the stronger healers the game has to offer.
    "Better change the Captain of your brain-ship because he's drunk at the wheel."

~ Dr Perry Cox, SCRUBS

Yeah looks pretty much like what I'm gonna play.

dont forget to add a third soul just for the level 0 root skills. senitnel for example has a insta heal with 8 sec cooldown which might be good for that build

Rift Master

That's something I'd roll if I went Cleric. More or less anyway.

I would probably add an inquisitor, never under estimate the power of CC, damage boosting and debuffing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    Verily, Maelforge did say, "Suffer all the bros to come at me!"

Yeah, that piece is canon.

Quote Originally Posted by seefferor View Post
    dont forget to add a third soul just for the level 0 root skills. senitnel for example has a insta heal with 8 sec cooldown which might be good for that build
    Is that confirmed? By the way, I really like Justicar/Inquisitor. They stack pretty well and I'm glad to find a game where a melee cleric can heal while damaging!

http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...20001000503520

If we can really add a third soul for level 0 root skills, then maybe Purifier would be my choice. That is, unless Cabalist and Druid have something better...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ViciousPixie View Post
    Hello & Welcome!

I also plan to do play Shaman combo build and I think spreading over 2 souls vs 3 is very smart. ^.^

The Justicar reminds me a little too much of the AoC priest .. where the heals are melee based and not straight-out heals. The more damage you do the more potent the heals.

Personally I like to have a definite heal that I can cast .. be it an instant or a HoT. Im not crazy about not having more control over the healing I generate.

It all depends on how you play I guess. The shaman / Justicar build could be very powerful melee opponent I think, but for me it just doesn't seem to have enough healing attributes to be considered one of the stronger healers the game has to offer.
    True. its not a healing build. its more of a warpriest build. though it has some heals on it. and it has nice armor and damage.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Meharial View Post
    I would probably add an inquisitor, never under estimate the power of CC, damage boosting and debuffing.
    i have 3 stuns on my build, 2 comming from the shaman tree and some damage boosting skills as well :P
    i am not sure if the inquisitor brings more, i checked and instead of stuns the inquisitor has a snare and a pushback.

anyways fellas, heard of a nice guild for a fun maker?

:P

Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexious View Post
    Is that confirmed? By the way, I really like Justicar/Inquisitor. They stack pretty well and I'm glad to find a game where a melee cleric can heal while damaging!

If we can really add a third soul for level 0 root skills, then maybe Purifier would be my choice. That is, unless Cabalist and Druid have something better...
    Yeah, you can pick a second and third soul and not spend any points in them.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Alexious View Post

Slight problem with your intended build. On the Justicar side. You cant pick Righteous Invocation with out the pre-req of Righteous Healing.
    Last edited by McCloude; 11-28-2010 at 11:08 AM.

Looks almost identical to the shaman/justicar build I had with my theory crafting.

Just a couple things worth mentioning though... "Unstoppable Force" in the shaman tree would probably need to be spec'd while you're leveling, then upon maxing your level, speccing something like this. Nevertheless, even in a raid type situation, I can see unstoppable force being useful to minimize incoming heal so that the other healers can focus on Warriors/Scouts.

I know this wasn't a PVP build necessarily... but depending on the situation... the stealth detection and inhibitor on stealthing will be a great tool to utilize and more than likely make shamans the anti-rogue. My guess is that in that type of situation, you would spec a little less in the justicar tree, or perhaps move some around in the shaman tree. (You can tell im still working on a pvp fix)

Everything else aside, I feel it's a strong build that would definitely be helpful in groups.

Plane Touched

All the way up that Shaman Tree yet no Long memory to increase your Vengeance duration 40%?

I think your missing a big Mele ability in the Justicar Tree, Soveriegn Hammer at 26 points. I don't know if Rage of the North offset the DPS or not. 9 seconds seems like a very small period of time, weilding a 2 hander at 3 seconds swings, that's only 3 crits. The cooldown info would be hugely benificial to identify if it's worth it.

I would also drop the Armor bonus, 5% of 0 Armor is still 0 armor. :P

Also not sure about "Favord", 3 points seems a lot to earn 150 health on 1k heals.

Your build seems to be supportive yet you have chosen Strength of the mountain suggesting PVP but without the added Vengeance points.

Here is my Shaman / Justicar build

http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...33200315000500

Up enough in the Shaman Tree to Share your hearts. *thump thump thump* *blush*

But high enough in the Justicar tree to have a 15 second Stun "Sovereign Hammer" with "stunning Blow" (tier 6) every 15 seconds

Instant Flare of Light and Bolt of Radiance that heals all nearby ally's for 150% of the blow.

With all of the Stun's in the Justicar Tree for side PVP.
    Last edited by Firieth; 11-28-2010 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McCloude View Post
    Slight problem with your intended build. On the Justicar side. You cant pick Righteous Invocation with out the pre-req of Righteous Healing.
    Ugh. Ugly problem indeed. I honestly didn't want to get a single target healing spell, but since I got Vengeful Justice I thought Righteous Invocation would fit perfectly. Thing is, archetypes won't give any abilities, correct? Everything comes down to branch skills, root skills and racial skills.

If that's true, Vengeful Justice would be useful only if the Justicar's Doctrine AoE heals count for it, although it seems unlikely to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast