+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hey Trion! Listen up, new Soul idea! Runeblades!

Lightbulb Hey Trion! Listen up, new Soul idea! Runeblades!

Yeah, the game's not even out yet, but this just came to me when I saw this thread. --> http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...n-t-mages-tank <-- In short, the thread starter asks, why can't a mage play the role of a tank, and someone counters it with, can a tank clad in armor play the role of a mage? Well, i say YES! And no, I'm not about to say, just give the tank a staff and spells and call it a mix, no! I am saying something completely differant. Runeblades! In short, magic swords. A blade that can cut through not just armor, but slice through the very fabric of magic defences! Of course, it would have its drawbacks, ones i can't think of at the moment. And the swords will play the magic role as well of the melee role! This is what i vision! A sword that can cast spells, such as fire lightning from the blade, fire, and cast arcane based debuff spells, just think about it, you the future players would that be something you'd be interested in? I know i would any day of the week!
    "If you had, one shot, to sit on your lazy butt, and watch all the TV you ever wanted, until your brain turned to mush... Would you capture it? Or just let it slip?"

Would this be a mage soul or a warrior soul? I can totally see a mage clad in shimmering protective runes wielding summoned elemental swords and channeling his magical energy through those summoned blades. I was hoping there would be something like this from a dps perspective for the mage but I could see a light off tank type soul too. Maybe the two go hand in hand.

http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Souls

Scroll all the way down

I'm not seeing what you're talking about.

Rift Master

You mean like a character that IS a sword? Hmm, that can be a new Calling alltogether.

Argh look out here come the giant blazing sword.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shinimas View Post
    You mean like a character that IS a sword? Hmm, that can be a new Calling alltogether.
    Sounds awfully similar to the character Celes in Final Fantasy VI

If you want trion to look it over i suggest you post it in the suggestions forum.

Exclamation blade

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpaw View Post
    Yeah, the game's not even out yet, but this just came to me when I saw this thread. --> http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...n-t-mages-tank <-- In short, the thread starter asks, why can't a mage play the role of a tank, and someone counters it with, can a tank clad in armor play the role of a mage? Well, i say YES! And no, I'm not about to say, just give the tank a staff and spells and call it a mix, no! I am saying something completely differant. Runeblades! In short, magic swords. A blade that can cut through not just armor, but slice through the very fabric of magic defences! Of course, it would have its drawbacks, ones i can't think of at the moment. And the swords will play the magic role as well of the melee role! This is what i vision! A sword that can cast spells, such as fire lightning from the blade, fire, and cast arcane based debuff spells, just think about it, you the future players would that be something you'd be interested in? I know i would any day of the week!

they are not going to add a runeblade thay already have it full there just either putting the rest of the classes 2gether or they havent released them yet plus they already have a class called riftblade

They pretty much have this between a few souls. There's no need to introduce a new one that serves as a duplicate of them, since too many people would then be running around with armor-negating and magic resistance-negating souls on and wrecking everyone, regardless of class.
    Halcyon Legion: now offering candy and rainbows! Also, I love writing poetry Ask!
    "When we built these dreams on sand... How they all slipped through our hands; And this might be our only chance! Let's take this one day at a time - I'll hold your hand if you hold mine... The time that we kill keeps us alive." Rise Against - Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Default ???

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid View Post

Scroll all the way down
    May want to be a slight bit more specific.
    "If you had, one shot, to sit on your lazy butt, and watch all the TV you ever wanted, until your brain turned to mush... Would you capture it? Or just let it slip?"

Default Wow, misunderstood much?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinimas View Post
    Haha, no, and i can't very well see that happening at all, ever haha! Its a thought though...

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid View Post

Scroll all the way down
    If you happen to be referring to the soul called Riftblade. First of all, theres no way to even know what that is yes, second of all, if it happens to be just about what I'm talking about. then I'm a mind reader, and you shall all bow down before me or suffer the consequence.

+ Reply to Thread