+ Reply to Thread

Thread: different attacks and builds

Soulwalker

Default different attacks and builds

First of all sorry for poor english.. when i pick a calling i then get to pick a soul also. it wil then give me a "starter attack and at next level or so i get a finnisher,if im rogue or warrior atlest. but then i pick another soul and get another "starter ability" the "starter ability" might be 2 different types of attack or so it seems to me. say im a palladin tank and then pick the void knight. starter attack for palladin beeing a shield attack and the void knight a melee attack,both give me the same "combo point" but the skills have totaly different outcomes. void knight you get the "packt" so my question :-P what do i want to use or do i switch between the 2? im so lost hehe

Prophet of Telara

Depends a lot on the best skill for the situation.

Generally I'd use whichever does the most damage or healing and has the most efficient use of energy or mana.

If you did choose a Reaver soul and then put a heap of points in that soul to increase your non-physical damage then to me it makes sense to use that souls skills/abilities more than another bunch of skills/abilities that has some other secondary soul which has no buffs to non physical attacks.

I think the best way to approach each calling and then soul choice. Is to A) decide on a calling. B) decide your main soul. C) find a soul that compliments your main soul. D) lastly a 3rd soul that compliments your 2nd soul choice or provides you with some more survivability/situational options.

Default Duplication

Yes you will probably find a lot of duplication and redundant abilities: I certainly hope so as there's an insane number of abilities thrown at you by L50.

For me this will tend to push people towards the 51-point builds - not necessarily a bad thing - because this way you can ensure you are spending points on abilities that synergise and not on abilities or functions you will barely use.

In fact so annoyed am I by the overwhelming number of buttons I will be going for passive bonuses only in the Branches!

+ Reply to Thread