+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inquisitor/Justicar Build. Need Opinions

Shadowlander

Lightbulb Inquisitor/Justicar Build. Need Opinions

http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...30210014300150
    I want to start with the Inquisitor because I like their 1v1 skills. Of all of the Cleric classes, it seems like Inquisitor will be the easiest to level up and once I get a second soul, the most natural supplement will be the Justicar class because of the bonuses to my longevity. Without knowing much about the game, it seems that only using these 2 souls will allow me to have a class that will be very, very hard to kill.
    Note: In the Inquisitor class I forgot to add "Harsh Discipline." Pretend I didn't forget that uber skill

PvP build. Inquisitor/Sentinel - http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...0550:purifier.

This is the build i made, purifier even with 0 points as a 3rd gives you a free shield. You missed a lot of opportunities to add to crit % in the inquisitor tree as well as cc abilities of the justicar tree. I wouldn't bother with channeled spells too much as they will usually be interrupted by a stun/silence anyway. You also opted not to take interdict which is a spell interrupt for 1 point. Could be the difference between landing that killing blow and them getting a heal off for skimping 1 point in the justicar tree. I would get rid of the armor increase by 15% your not wearing platemail, 15% will not be a lot. I also strongly suggest fanaticism over circle of oblivion and specing into more crit synergy. This gives you a guaranteed crit corporal punishment will give you 15% increased dmg and if you spec'd in to vex healing you, viola you have a huge nuke right after a guaranteed crit that also heals you for 30% of the dmg you just dealt.

You have the right idea, your focus is just in the wrong places. Channel spells in this game will be rough because so many classes have multiple forms of cc.

3 things to focus on... cc reduction, cc, on demand synergy. such as the skill chain i stated above.
    Last edited by Coppertone; 11-27-2010 at 04:34 PM.

Shadowlander

Thumbs up

Thanks for your input.
    I toyed around with the tool some more...
    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/builder/?calling=cleric&build=inquisitor.15000103000520230 303210:justicar.1030213010400500urifier.
    Took your advice on not specing the link skills, and I toyed around with the others to my personal taste.
    "If we have chosen to live against the grain, then why are we all facing the same way?" - As I Lay Dying
    BATTLE CLERIC

I like this one a lot more.

Need Opinions
    Don't obsess over talent builds because way too much can change before launch? Including that you don't like the class you were looking at originally when you actually play it?

Not poo pooing anything, you asked for opinions, that's my opinion.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

Soulwalker

Default Inquisitor/Justicar Build. Need Opinions

whut it be nice to add a sentinel class to it seeing you got a melee class the support skills form a sentill whut be nice as a add to what you got

Quote Originally Posted by blade_hunter View Post
    whut it be nice to add a sentinel class to it seeing you got a melee class the support skills form a sentill whut be nice as a add to what you got
    I don't think you'd want to add sentinel. You'll be in the front lines being hit. When you start casting heals they'll just be pushed back/interupted.

Rift Chaser

Im wondering if this is actually working. I was planning on going Inq and Purifier. But Inq uses life and death magic right, and sentinal uses life magic. So if you buff your life magic by 10% in sentinal spec, does that work for purifier as well? Do they're "Life" magic buffs stack?

Rift Chaser

What about Purifier - Inq build? Best heals in the game, and the best 1v1 abilities for cleric. It seems like a good choice as well. Purifer can heal the **** out of people. The shields they have works wonders.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Vadar View Post
    I don't think you'd want to add sentinel. You'll be in the front lines being hit. When you start casting heals they'll just be pushed back/interupted.
    You will need someone to heal in PvP correct? So ofcource you will eed defensive clerics =)

The role builder is based on pre-beta information and most likely won't be updated until the NDA is lifted. So those who are still using it are probably setting themselves up to be very confused.

Once it is updated it will be a VERY valuable tool, but right now it's of dubious value.
    Last edited by Guzzler; 12-08-2010 at 06:27 PM.

Addiction Guild
    - Token Old Guy

Telaran

"This soul tree data represents skills and configurations as they existed several builds back in development and it will probably change significantly before release. I'll do my best to keep the information current as more public data becomes available but realize that it will always be incomplete, old, and inaccurate. "

The problem I see is that the Inquisitor mostlys is a caster it stands back and nukes/heals. The Justicar is a melee/healer in need to stand up frount to wack on the enemys to use its ablity. So the two sould use difrent states on there equpment. The Justacar will want STR CON +melee dammage mbay DEX. the Inquisitor will want INT SPI CHA? +mana + spell effect.

I am sure you can get eqipment with each set of stats but probbly not with both. so one soul or the outher will be under geard. I thing mixing melee with melee and caster with caster will yeald better over all results.

Plane Touched

I'm still waiting to see how a pure Justicar sizes up.

Hmmm looks like I need to learn more about how the class skills are built (the trees and such). That way I understand more about the whole mix n match business. Judging from that site that was linked in the second response I think I have it wrong as to how you can progress your souls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast