+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 276

Thread: Warrior nerfing time?

  1. #31
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisheer View Post
    Are you mad? lol
    You still didn't explain why a plate class should outdps rogues and mages with crap armor and low hp. Isn't amazing? melee warriors> melee rogues AND ranged warriors > ranged rogues/mages. A perfect class balance
    My 35 riftblade/ champ (nerfed in beta7) did not out dps my 33 nightblade (buffed in Beta 7) in beta 6. Are you mad btw? Youve been dry humping my leg everytime i post recently.

  2. #32
    Telaran Slots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    62

    Default

    You guys calling for nerfs are forgetting one important thing: who cares who does more dps at level 35? 50 is where it matters. Stop whining until then.
    There's a jumper at the door

  3. #33
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    warriors are also unquestionably the least versatile calling in the game.

    something to chew on at least.

  4. #34
    Telaran Lupus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Roll on tomorrow so that all these whiners will be back in game and off the forums

  5. #35
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    My 35 riftblade/ champ (nerfed in beta7) did not out dps my 33 nightblade (buffed in Beta 7) in beta 6. Are you mad btw? Youve been dry humping my leg everytime i post recently.
    well man let's talk about nerfs... you are doing it since the beta 3 or 4 and now you don't want the nerf bat in your class? *-*
    Dps meters don't lie ... probably your gear is pathetic or you are bad ( I belive in both *-*).Beta and alpha warriors are doing more dps, it's a fact

  6. #36
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisheer View Post
    well man let's talk about nerfs... you are doing it since the beta 3 or 4 and now you don't want the nerf bat in your class? *-*
    Dps meters don't lie ... probably your gear is pathetic or you are bad ( I belive in both *-*).Beta and alpha warriors are doing more dps, it's a fact
    prove it show me these meters. Riftblade/champ was nerfed for this coming beta. Every melee rogue was buffed. Stop making up things about alpha to get your point across its sad.

  7. #37
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Well as people pointed out before, while it might not have been the best way the message was brought out, but the way that many replied aren't really helpfull either.

    To be honest this kinda sounds alot like the discussions on WoW PvP forums."Nerf this nerf that", "ger over it", "l2p" etc. Is that the direction that you wish for Rift forums to take? Well personally i hope not.

    While i can see theres several souls who contain the option to use a healing reduction effect, it seems (i'm likely to be mistaken) that currently the warrior and rogue calling is the only who got access to "passive" healing reduction by crits/hits (% chance).

    What i belive Seloriel's main point is, are that those healing reduction might be abit to strong if applied by using an aoe ability. Its easy to imagen that those callings could hit several targets, and by that apply a healing reduction on several of those, and might not work the way it was planned.

    The ways i belive it could be changed would be by;
    Making it only be able to affect the current target or
    Give it an internal cooldown (0,5 sec or something like that) to prevent that it being applied to multiple targets at once.

    Don't feed the trolls and don't be one yourself.

    ~ Tsukuyomi

  8. #38
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    Youve been dry humping my leg everytime i post recently.
    LOL... back on topic....i think warriors are fine

  9. #39
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    prove it show me these meters. Riftblade/champ was nerfed for this coming beta. Every melee rogue was buffed. Stop making up things about alpha to get your point across its sad.
    yeah "nerfs"
    beta 6:

    CHAMPION
    * Two-Handed Specialization: Now only affects physical attacks. Gives more contribution per point spent in Champion, capping at 50% now instead of 15%.
    * Deadly Strikes: Now requires a two-handed weapon. Enhances damage by 8% instead of 6% per point for all non-finisher ability attacks..
    * Slayer's Bearing: No longer has a negative effect.
    * Disruptive Strike: No longer an attack point consumer that reduces casting time of targets. It now functions as a high-damage single target attack point builder that generates 2 attack points.
    * Destroyer's Bearing: Enhances the damage of attack point consumers by 50% while active. It no longer has a negative effect. Causes finishers to build an attack point after consuming the available points when triggered.

    RIFTBLADE
    * Updated damage on all Bursts.
    * Elemental Deflection: Should now properly increase Parry. Moved to tier 2 branch ability and can take up to 3 points.
    * Riftwalk: Icon in the Soul Tree has changed.
    * Rift Fury: Now enhances the damage of non-physical abilities by a percentage for each point spent in the Riftblade up to 30.
    * Enhanced Burst: Now only modifies Elemental damage.
    * Elemental Touch, Storm Blade: Now deals damage based on the equipped weapon rather than on damage dealt.
    * Planar Blade: Returns 10 Power to the Warrior on critical hits, in addition to refreshing cooldowns on Riftwalk and Rift Summon.
    * Avatar of the Rift: No longer enhances Elemental damage by 10%, it now increases damage of Burst abilities by 40%.
    * Avatar of the Fire: Removed, replaced with Rift Strike, a heavy hitting attack that gives the Riftblade a 5% increased chance to critically hit for 8 seconds.
    * Riftblades can now track Earth creatures at level 10.

    OMG OMG A LOOOOOOOT OF NERFS. Trion nerfed only no sense soul combinations.

    Who knows the beta7 patch notes but ptobably will be the same alpha patchnotes and again almost all warrior souls got a buff or some fix.

  10. #40
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisheer View Post
    yeah "nerfs"
    beta 6:

    CHAMPION
    * Two-Handed Specialization: Now only affects physical attacks. Gives more contribution per point spent in Champion, capping at 50% now instead of 15%.
    * Deadly Strikes: Now requires a two-handed weapon. Enhances damage by 8% instead of 6% per point for all non-finisher ability attacks..
    * Slayer's Bearing: No longer has a negative effect.
    * Disruptive Strike: No longer an attack point consumer that reduces casting time of targets. It now functions as a high-damage single target attack point builder that generates 2 attack points.
    * Destroyer's Bearing: Enhances the damage of attack point consumers by 50% while active. It no longer has a negative effect. Causes finishers to build an attack point after consuming the available points when triggered.

    RIFTBLADE
    * Updated damage on all Bursts.
    * Elemental Deflection: Should now properly increase Parry. Moved to tier 2 branch ability and can take up to 3 points.
    * Riftwalk: Icon in the Soul Tree has changed.
    * Rift Fury: Now enhances the damage of non-physical abilities by a percentage for each point spent in the Riftblade up to 30.
    * Enhanced Burst: Now only modifies Elemental damage.
    * Elemental Touch, Storm Blade: Now deals damage based on the equipped weapon rather than on damage dealt.
    * Planar Blade: Returns 10 Power to the Warrior on critical hits, in addition to refreshing cooldowns on Riftwalk and Rift Summon.
    * Avatar of the Rift: No longer enhances Elemental damage by 10%, it now increases damage of Burst abilities by 40%.
    * Avatar of the Fire: Removed, replaced with Rift Strike, a heavy hitting attack that gives the Riftblade a 5% increased chance to critically hit for 8 seconds.
    * Riftblades can now track Earth creatures at level 10.

    OMG OMG A LOOOOOOOT OF NERFS. Trion nerfed only no sense soul combinations.

    Who knows the beta7 patch notes but ptobably will be the same alpha patchnotes and again almost all warrior souls got a buff or some fix.
    in beta 7 champions deadly strikes ws changed to only work with physical attacks thats a 24% damage nerf to riftblades and reavers and void knight. that is a huge nerf. the was also nerfs in beta 6 which you just posted particularly to stormblade and elemental touch. Keep QQing though.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 02-14-2011 at 08:32 AM.

  11. #41
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisheer View Post
    yeah "nerfs"
    beta 6:

    CHAMPION
    * Two-Handed Specialization: Now only affects physical attacks. Gives more contribution per point spent in Champion, capping at 50% now instead of 15%.
    * Deadly Strikes: Now requires a two-handed weapon. Enhances damage by 8% instead of 6% per point for all non-finisher ability attacks..
    * Slayer's Bearing: No longer has a negative effect.
    * Disruptive Strike: No longer an attack point consumer that reduces casting time of targets. It now functions as a high-damage single target attack point builder that generates 2 attack points.
    * Destroyer's Bearing: Enhances the damage of attack point consumers by 50% while active. It no longer has a negative effect. Causes finishers to build an attack point after consuming the available points when triggered.

    RIFTBLADE
    * Updated damage on all Bursts.
    * Elemental Deflection: Should now properly increase Parry. Moved to tier 2 branch ability and can take up to 3 points.
    * Riftwalk: Icon in the Soul Tree has changed.
    * Rift Fury: Now enhances the damage of non-physical abilities by a percentage for each point spent in the Riftblade up to 30.
    * Enhanced Burst: Now only modifies Elemental damage.
    * Elemental Touch, Storm Blade: Now deals damage based on the equipped weapon rather than on damage dealt.
    * Planar Blade: Returns 10 Power to the Warrior on critical hits, in addition to refreshing cooldowns on Riftwalk and Rift Summon.
    * Avatar of the Rift: No longer enhances Elemental damage by 10%, it now increases damage of Burst abilities by 40%.
    * Avatar of the Fire: Removed, replaced with Rift Strike, a heavy hitting attack that gives the Riftblade a 5% increased chance to critically hit for 8 seconds.
    * Riftblades can now track Earth creatures at level 10.

    OMG OMG A LOOOOOOOT OF NERFS. Trion nerfed only no sense soul combinations.

    Who knows the beta7 patch notes but ptobably will be the same alpha patchnotes and again almost all warrior souls got a buff or some fix.
    Guess that -24% damage to all builders due to Deadly Strikes nerf is not a nerf. A class loosing 1/4 of its DPS is certainly not a nerf....You are thicker than thick.

    Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    in beta 7 champions deadly strikes ws changed to only work with physical attacks thats a 24% damage nerf to riftblades and reavers and void knight. that is a huge nerf
    Meh you got me there Jaym;)
    Last edited by Delolith; 02-14-2011 at 08:30 AM.

  12. #42
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seloriel View Post
    I agree, this is the central problem. A class with high survivability, cc, debuff, damage, armor, hp. Too much to only 1 calling
    You want to nerf the Rogue? It certainly fits all those requirements. Or is it Mages and Clerics since they get all those also (mages get some nice armour buffs as well as Elemental buffs and damage shields?

    Also you do understand there are two types of damage, Physical and Elemental. Armour helps with Physical but not against Elemental. For elemental damage a buff to your resistance is much better

    I love how you people lose a duel or hear about a friend who did and come running to the forums for a nerf.

  13. #43
    Plane Walker Dominar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Seems to me that the vast majority of dudes I've known who play MMOs knee-jerk roll Warriors as their first character.

    Maybe it's a "Look, Ma - I'm Conan!" thang.
    Maybe it's so that they can get a big cgi sword to swing around to compensate for something.

    Whatever the reason - if they don't get their itch scratched right, several of them stop being interested in the game.

    Regardless of the ranged representation here in the forums, I don't think the proportion of dudes out there at large is significantly different than the guys I know.

    Based upon that, I don't predict us seeing any dramatic and drastic changes to the Warrior Calling. Sure, one or two little things here or there might be slightly tweaked - but the Badazz vibe is going to be largely left in the Calling while the majority of the initial playbase is still levelling. After that, we will see more changes to nudge them into line - but even then, it will be carefully done to keep from totally offending the bois.


    The Devs are not stupid.
    They know where their dinner hangs.
    Last edited by Dominar; 02-14-2011 at 08:38 AM.

  14. #44
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kezic View Post
    I love how you people lose a duel or hear about a friend who did and come running to the forums for a nerf.
    Yea but isn't this a standard WoW tactic/phenomenon? Maybe we expecting too much from these people?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominar View Post
    Seems to me that the vast majority of dudes I've known who play MMOs knee-jerk roll Warriors as their first character.

    Maybe it's a "Look, Ma - I'm Conan!" thang.
    Maybe it's so that they can get a big cgi sword to swing around to compensate for something.

    Whatever the reason - if they don't get their itch scratched right, several of them stop being interested in the game.

    Regardless of the ranged representation here in the forums, I don't think the proportion of dudes out there at large is significantly different than the guys I know.

    Based upon that, I don't predict us seeing any dramatic and drastic changes to the Warrior Calling. Sure, one or two little things here or there might be slightly tweaked - but the Badazz vibe is going to be largely left in the Calling while the majority of the initial playbase is still levelling. After that, we will see more changes to nudge them into line - but even then, it will be carefully done to keep from totally offending the bois.


    The Devs are not stupid.
    They know where their dinner hangs.
    That's a realistic conspiracy theory......
    Last edited by Delolith; 02-14-2011 at 08:39 AM.

  15. #45
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    in beta 7 champions deadly strikes ws changed to only work with physical attacks thats a 24% damage nerf to riftblades and reavers and void knight. that is a huge nerf. the was also nerfs in beta 6 which you just posted particularly to stormblade and elemental touch. Keep QQing though.
    Are you dumb or what? Fine they lost 24% dmg with a champ passive but what about rift fury and overall burst dmg increase?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts