+ Reply to Thread

Thread: space in 5-mans

Soulwalker

Default space in 5-mans

I'm planning on playing mostly support classes (bard or warlord) but am kind of worried about their viability or popularity in 5-man groups. Can anyone let me know how willing people were at the higher levels of the beta to include a support toon instead of an extra dps in a 5man?

Plane Touched

I think you'll find most groups pretty willing to take a bard. Many of the parsers I've read go out of their way to specify whether they had a bard or not, due to their impact on the numbers.

A support healer I'm sure will always be welcome, especially when a dungeon is more difficult. In regards to the Warlord my guess would be if a group lacked CC (not sure how this is possible) the warlord could come in handy. But realistically if you want to play as a Warlord you still need two other souls, spec in some tanking points and you could likely tank.
    http://www.cohesiongaming.com

Give me a place to stand and I will move the world...

Dungeons are more or less designed by having 1.5 healers

so support are very welcomed
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
    Dungeons are more or less designed by having 1.5 healers

so support are very welcomed
    I agree, support will liekly be welcomed most runs

Soulwalker

Hell depending on wat spec the healer is in beta 6 i went out of my way to get a bard into the group lol. Their buffs and smalls heals worked amazingly well within the group

Bard heals can keep a grp up killing trash mobs in dungeons and only ned the cleric to offheal alil .. bards are amazing as support and i would always toke one over some high dps since everyone in grp get buffed by the bard .. as long as the bard has speced support and not just tries to dps.

I wouldn't limit yourself to just one spec, honestly. Just come in, say you are X base class and can do whatever is needed to the best of your ability. You don't want to pigeon-hole yourself off the bat when one of the greatest parts of this game is that your character's class is so fluid.
    Quote Originally Posted by wraith228 View Post
    rogues ran around shootin lightning bolts out of their nuts and clerics had chainsaws for arms

<Hammered> PvE/PvP-Defiant, EST. Semi-Hardcore.
    is recruiting.

Rift Disciple

No group is going to turn down a bard. The steady stream of healing allows the cleric to concentrate on spike damage. Bards also buff pretty much every stat in the game.

+ Reply to Thread