+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Warlord - Could they have thought of a more unpopular class?

Shield of Telara

Default Warlord - Could they have thought of a more unpopular class?

A tank class, that buffs people, WTF WERE THEY THINKING

No one likes to tank in todays mmo, people are casual gamers now, nothing about tanking is casual and is a battle against your nerves even tanking for the easiest dungeons with random scrubs who inhabit mmo's

Buffing class, not only is warlord low dmg but is a tank and buffs? come on not even many people play bard and they are like the second most overpowered class in the game, then who would touch warlord?

This class needs to be changed to a dps class pronto, i would love a dps plate version of a bard, it makes alot more sense anyway since why would a warlord be protecting his teamates instead of killing his enemies ?

You have no idea what the word casual means...

I am a casual player. This means I spend less than 4 hours a day playing video games.

Non-casual players (for one example) are required to schedule their personal life around a raiding schedule.

As far as tanking goes...I plan on having an alt tanking instances because I am a good tank. If it takes an hour or two to finish a dungeon, then that is very casual.

Casual does not mean to stand in one spot and click a few buttons.

Also, I disagree with everything in your post.

My main will be a bard and it is not overpowered.
    Last edited by Savvon; 02-13-2011 at 08:28 PM.
    "We should have role-playing forums for these people. " - RogueScythe

Plane Walker

People are not casual gamers now... Those who are casual have always been casual, it's only a more relevant term now because more casual players have been introduced into the market in the past 8 years.

And as far as not liking Warlord as a tank, if only there were other tanking options implemented...

The idea of Warlord isn't new and there are tanks in other games that provided buffs as well. The tanking market is small because tanks and healers are subject to a lot of abuse if a group fails and not everyone is cut out to take the criticisms that are associated with the roles, not because of casual vs whatever.

Plane Touched

Why are you trying so hard to kill the Warrior's flexibility? You already got more DPS-focused souls than you can slot on your soul trees at once.

No, Rift is very much a holy trinity game. If you don't like it, I hate to break it to you, but you preordered the wrong game.
    Last edited by geldonyetich; 02-13-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by geldonyetich View Post
    Why are you trying so hard to kill the Warrior's flexibility? You already got more DPS-focused souls than you can slot on your soul trees at once.

No, Rift is very much a holy trinity game. If you don't like it, I hate to break it to you, but you preordered the wrong game.
    Because people don't like versatility and options, other games that we won't mentioned ruined the idea, we must have our cookie cutter classes with cookie cutter specs in every game or else we aren't happy

Plane Walker

I like the Warlord.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by DJBro View Post
    Because people don't like versatility and options, other games that we won't mentioned ruined the idea, we must have our cookie cutter classes with cookie cutter specs in every game or else we aren't happy
    Heh, it looks that way at first, doesn't it?

Funny thing is, as you get deeper into the game, you eventually come to realize that despite the flexibility, Trion managed to maintain the idea of a well-structured class play experience. You end up having your cake and eating it to. That they pulled this off is part of what makes Rift so remarkable.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post

No one likes to tank in todays mmo, people are casual gamers now, nothing about tanking is casual and is a battle against your nerves even tanking for the easiest dungeons with random scrubs who inhabit mmo's

Buffing class, not only is warlord low dmg but is a tank and buffs? come on not even many people play bard and they are like the second most overpowered class in the game, then who would touch warlord?

This class needs to be changed to a dps class pronto, i would love a dps plate version of a bard, it makes alot more sense anyway since why would a warlord be protecting his teamates instead of killing his enemies ?
    You do know that souls are interchangeable? If you don't like tanks, then don't play MMOs. If you don't like tanking but need one anyway, go spec as a Warlord and then unspec afterwards.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by geldonyetich View Post
    Heh, it looks that way at first, doesn't it?

Funny thing is, as you get deeper into the game, you eventually come to realize that despite the flexibility, Trion managed to maintain the idea of a well-structured class play experience. You end up having your cake and eating it to. That they pulled this off is part of what makes Rift so remarkable.
    I love the game as it is honestly, it's this vocal minority that keeps showing up trying to change every game that comes out to be a carbon copy of others....

(sounds like the OP needs to go back to LOTRO and play his Captain perhaps...)
    Last edited by DJBro; 02-13-2011 at 08:45 PM.

Your personal opinion on what you think a "warlord" is narrow and opinionated.

My own narrow and opinionated view of what a Warlord is would be someone who sits in the back and commands forces. a "lord of war" if you will"

Warlord/Vindicator in pvp would do just that, be a giant immovable object that screws with the other forces and moves the flow of battle through a commanding presence.

Not to mention a warlord/vindicator basically makes any small team premade with voice communication invincible. Seems very warlord-y to me.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Askalskade View Post
    Your personal opinion on what you think a "warlord" is narrow and opinionated.

My own narrow and opinionated view of what a Warlord is would be someone who sits in the back and commands forces. a "lord of war" if you will"

Warlord/Vindicator in pvp would do just that, be a giant immovable object that screws with the other forces and moves the flow of battle through a commanding presence.

Not to mention a warlord/vindicator basically makes any small team premade with voice communication invincible. Seems very warlord-y to me.
    NOW we're cookin with gas!

Plane Touched

just no .......

You know what his mother always says... if it looks like a troll, and smells like a troll... it's probably a troll..

Rift Chaser

Regardless of what is wrong with the OP, the warlord does need some love.

It is kind of bad design to have it so that you have to fight the enemy to build charges, then target an ally to use your skill that consumes them to buff them.

Warlord skills should either be debuffs or aoe / party wide buffs. Targeted ones for the warlord are just too clunky.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post

i would love a dps plate version of a bard, ?
    Rofl, Idiot

Edit: Although this was my first reaction, I feel I should elaborate. You want a DPS, plate (tank) version of a Bard (healer). No... Im wrong again, Idiot is the right word.
    Last edited by madddmikey; 02-14-2011 at 01:53 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast