+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Classes- OP, broken or just right?

Soulwalker

Default Classes- OP, broken or just right?

Hey guys, just now trying out Rift, the mmo i'm coming from is Aion

Just wondering how the classes are, what seems to be the most popular or fun to play?
    Or what class seem to not be doing so well or broken?
    What classes are really strong in pvp?
    What class you see the most in-game
    I know there this "soul" thing in the game so there is no class like you but I'm meaning like Warrior,Mage, Rouge, or priest.
    If anyone can give me alittle insight to all the class that'd be awesome!
    Happy gaming!

Plane Walker

If only there were sites you could go to or some kind of search function you could use to find this information out...

Plane Touched

I sure hope they're not just right. Otherwise, all this patching the developers are doing is going in the wrong direction.

Standard MMORPG procedure: balance to be improved over time. Rift is a pretty well refined game, but it's clear from the massive deluge of changes that the developers are busily tweaking away.

Just wondering how the classes are, what seems to be the most popular or fun to play? [Same question} What class you see the most in-game[,] I know there this "soul" thing in the game so there is no class like you but I'm meaning like Warrior,Mage, Rouge, or priest.
    Order seems to be roughly Rogue > Mage > Cleric > Warrior. At least when I play with the social search feature it turns out that way.

Fun being relative, I can't say which will be right for you.
    Or what class seem to not be doing so well or broken?
    Of all of them, I think Clerics are the most in need of love, but that's just my opinion. Seems to me that they don't really have much of a niche right now. They're healers when there's no real lack of healing to be found. They're meleers when the front line is already crowded with warriors and rogues doing the same and better than them. They're wearing chain mail, but do you really want the healer to be doing the tanking?

What classes are really strong in pvp?
    Opinion here varies. Clerics are said to be rather good in PvP because they heal so quickly they're neigh impossible to kill.
    Last edited by geldonyetich; 02-13-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Shield of Telara

Rift/Void is just right, it has decent survivability and good burst, but has really short ranged compared to the other ranged characters and gets destroyed in melee range against pure melee's

Saboteur is OP since it does all of its damage in bursts, and contrary to popular belief have amazing DPS, more DPS than a marksman, if you think otherwise you dont know how to play this class

Clerics are fine because its to low level to tell, hear they get punkd at higher levels

Most class seen in game - Marksman/Ranger, 90% of rogues are MM/RNG, and they are seen in large quantities in the overall world and pvp

However inc nerf hahahahha
    Last edited by Bejita; 02-13-2011 at 08:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread