+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me choose

Soulwalker

Default Help me choose

I'm very indecisive when it comes to choosing my class Type varying on the mmo. Played mmos for years, vasting over doZens of games. Picking mostly melee, tank then dps. Then caster dPs, never healing. The class system in rift being very customizable and variable I'm having trouble choosing between the four classes, let alone the sub 8. I want to tank, but be able to dps and have utility. I've thought of going rogue for the bard utility and the Sabotuer Or riftstalker for the tanking and marksman for dps. But also thought of going warrior for tank/dps. I also though of going cleric just for the utility, but me not often favoring healing; unless being unique like the bard or a shaman. The bard/saboteur/nightbladr has caught my Eye, going bard primary for groups, possibly melee dps for leveling and marksman/bard for pvp. I got time to try different combos during open beta to make my choice in release .But any help or suggestions to open my eyes would be grateful.

Plane Walker

Warrior - tank and dps
    Rogue - tank, dps, and off-healer
    Mage - dps and healer
    Cleric - tank, dps and healer

You decide which of the four give you the best options in the (likely) event you change your mind.

Plane Touched

What kind of activity is your favorite to do in Rift?

What class is best at that activity?

Soulwalker

I got to level 6 with necromancer so I don't really know

Plane Touched

Sounds like you should to play a bit more in Rift so you can discover for yourself the kind of thing you like doing the most. Only then will you really be set to make that kind of decision.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by splooge View Post
    I'm very indecisive when it comes to choosing my class Type varying on the mmo. Played mmos for years, vasting over doZens of games. Picking mostly melee, tank then dps. Then caster dPs, never healing. The class system in rift being very customizable and variable I'm having trouble choosing between the four classes, let alone the sub 8. I want to tank, but be able to dps and have utility. I've thought of going rogue for the bard utility and the Sabotuer Or riftstalker for the tanking and marksman for dps. But also thought of going warrior for tank/dps. I also though of going cleric just for the utility, but me not often favoring healing; unless being unique like the bard or a shaman. The bard/saboteur/nightbladr has caught my Eye, going bard primary for groups, possibly melee dps for leveling and marksman/bard for pvp. I got time to try different combos during open beta to make my choice in release .But any help or suggestions to open my eyes would be grateful.
    There's nothing stopping you from trying out the classes one by one. Also remember that you only need 4 characters to try out all the souls as once you get to Meridian you can do the soul quests and purchase new roles to try out different soul combos. I'm actually doing this in beta, even though I initially was trying it by recreating the toons...

I'd really just have to say, you're going to have to play around and figure it out. I personally chose rogue as my base class because more of the souls appealed to me, there's literally not one that I do not like.

Just figure out which base class has the most combination's that you'll potentially enjoy, and it'll give you the most flexibility later on.
    Quote Originally Posted by wraith228 View Post
    rogues ran around shootin lightning bolts out of their nuts and clerics had chainsaws for arms

<Hammered> PvE/PvP-Defiant, EST. Semi-Hardcore.
    is recruiting.

+ Reply to Thread