+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suitable duo partner for a Ranger/Marksmen/Bard?

Soulwalker

Default Suitable duo partner for a Ranger/Marksmen/Bard?

I always know that at some point in this, we will need healing to get done. But can a cleric get the right souls to heal the duos and group and yet not be left unable to dish out some punishment? Is there a way to make this duo more powerful and durable without adding in a cleric, can another base classes souls handle heals and keep us going?

Telaran

Justicar works well for a cleric who needs to be able to heal and damage. Your other option would be a chloromancer mage. Warriors do not have any sort of group healing as far as I know.

Plane Touched

If you're talking about duoing soloing content, you've little to worry about. There's two of you for content intended for one player, so any class will do. Just about everybody has a soul that can heal, your Bard is no lightweight there either, so you've little cause for concern.

No matter what, you can't duo an instanced dungeon. But if you had a healer and a tank you'd prop up he two hardest parts of the holy trinity to gather. Mostly the tank, really, healers are abundant.

The main thing I'd say you're missing is some reliable aggro control. The Ranger pet's going to keep one mob busy, but what about two? A Warrior, tank-specced Cleric, or even Elemental/Necromancer mage could do that.

If you want to fit a theme, you could have your partner play a Druid. Rangers and Druids go together well.
    Last edited by geldonyetich; 02-13-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Rift Disciple

I'm new as well, but having looked over the builders, it sure looks like the Cleric Justicar soul is ideal for 2 person parties thanks to Righteous Mandate. Justicar is also the cleric's tanking soul, which would seem to help out a rogue in ideal fashion. There's also cleric damage souls such as Cabalist (seems AOE heavy) and Shaman for your secondary or tertiary.

My wife is a marks/ranger/sabo...

I am a bard/rift/ranger...

There is nothing we cannot do in PvE as far as duo questing. In fact, we enjoy it so much, we just farm mobs and level like crazy and our health never goes below 80% (except our pets).

I can keep up with the healing no problem.
    Last edited by Savvon; 02-13-2011 at 08:33 PM.
    "We should have role-playing forums for these people. " - RogueScythe

+ Reply to Thread