+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Examples to viable 22/22/22 specs.

Plane Touched

Default Examples to viable 22/22/22 specs.

The concept of the mix and match of souls to create variety is one of the reasons I am attracted to this game.

I can see that the 21 point spent in the PvP soul, in the long run when we have enough prestige points (i sure hope it won't be easy) will result in us deciding where/how to spend the rest of our 55 points. so this made me think for the PvE or for the leveling phase, if there are any soul combinations are viable with a 22/22/22 approach.

any suggestions?

Rift Disciple

The recent passives that give huge bonuses for point more points into a single soul have eliminated this as an option.

Rift Master

I would think, even without the scaling bonuses, that 26/20/20 would be quite a bit better as some 26 point roots are pretty good.

As for the scaling bonuses, I believe the intent is to make it less of an obvious fail to actually go the full 51 into a tree than it previously was not to make it a no-brainer to go the full 51. How this will work out at 50 is hard to say since a lot of numbers required for theorycrafting at that level are unknown (not to mention still changing since it is still beta).

Rift Disciple

Even without the scaling bonuses the 31 point talents are generally so good that they are worth speccing for.

There some warrior bonuses cap at 30 points making 31/31/4 builds really strong. But cleric's really need to be 51/x/x at this point. Which is really bothersome. Hopefully this will be fixed before launch and not after.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...xx0suVk.xx0s0o

to be honest that is the closest to a 22x3 build i hav come up with to be honest is seems pretty deadly i am a little worried about casters tho but melee would fall before me
    "World of Warcarft is a horse with a broken leg. As good as dead just no one has shot it yet."

Koe

My build is pretty close to that, and what I believe to be the best Rogue rDPS build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0x0V0V.VGo0ueo

Prophet of Telara

The idea behind a 22-22-22 build faces three major issues:
    1. Many of the class defining abilities are around the 31 branch and 32 root levels. You get new super pets, Clerics get in combat revives, DPS's get some potent buffs, etc. If you go through each of the trees you can typically find some amazing 31branch/32root skills.
    2. Many classes also receive the level 36 root passives that increase in potency the more points you have in them, which is also further incentive to aim for the root 44/51 skills (many are amazing, some are not). Being able to increase your main skill by 2~4% per point spent is pretty impressive. Wardens improve all their HoTs, Shamans increase all their damage, I've heard the Marksman is getting a new bonus that increases all their ranged damage by 25%.
    3. While in combat, you really only use a handful of skills. I find myself typically using 2-4 abilities with cooldowns and then returning to one main skill (often times the 0 point) that probably makes up half my attacks. These abilities often have synergy between each other, so I wouldn't really be interested in mixing and matching them since they would likely benefit less. Look at Justicar's Censure, Ranger's Head Shot/Piercing Shot, many of the elemental passive bonuses from mage.

Typically you have two souls that share a common element and subsequently many passives. Consequently you will primarily limit yourself to the abilities that augment each other. Because you will be primarily using the same 3~6 abilities repeatedly, there isn't much point in branching out into a third soul.

I'm all for experimenting with builds. I definitely know of multiple classes that I plan to put 2~10 points in just because there are some awesome abilities low in the root, however, you need to recognize that a 22-22-22 build will likely not have enough synergy or focus in addition to losing access to more powerful abilities and passives.

Why would I not want access to Necro's Shadow Revenant, or Ranger's raptor pet and aoe root, or Justicar's Absolution a 100% in combat revive, or Reaver's aoe root and taunt, etc etc? Why would I not want any of the level 36 passives? What is this triple 22 combo offering me that I would give up access to any of those?

I'm a little new to this but it looks promising to me.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...Vezo0i.VgzbVzz

let me know if I'm completely nuts here btw.
    Last edited by DiegoKWP; 02-13-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trump View Post
    The recent passives that give huge bonuses for point more points into a single soul have eliminated this as an option.
    Most of the time those passives cap out at 30 points.

For example Paragon soul gains dual wielding damage for every point spent in the Paragon tree with 5/5 Teaching of the Five Rings with each point giving 1.7%. This caps at max 50% so the max points to gain full benefit from this is only 29.4 points spent.
    Last edited by Expanse; 02-13-2011 at 09:28 PM.
    So much to do, so little time. We must get to work! Zathras! Zathras! Grrr, never around when he is needed!

Telaran

While not 22/22/22 I have been looking at using http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...o.xx0xo.E0yxbc as a Justicar based, Main tank Healer with some group heals. It's viability is questionable, it really would need a well disciplined group, the targeted healing of others in group aside from the tank is virtually non-existant / unbuffed.
    Last edited by Tamm; 02-13-2011 at 09:41 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Expanse View Post
    Most of the time those passives cap out at 30 points.

For example Paragon soul gains dual wielding damage for every point spent in the Paragon tree with 5/5 Teaching of the Five Rings with each point giving 1.7%. This caps at max 50% so the max points to gain full benefit from this is only 29.4 points spent.
    That's true of the warrior ones, but the cleric ones start at 36 and cap at 51. They are horrible.

32/32/2 is a lot more realistic aproach if you want a hybrid multi soul build

Plane Touched

I think probably the best builds will turn out to be the ones in which you're a lot more selective about the actual abilities/advantages you need the most. In other words, once you've come to grips with what you need out of Tree A, B, C you'll invest in the meat of what you need the most and avoid the fat. This will likely lead to more 22/22/22 and less 51/11/0 specs.

Of course, the tricky part is avoiding overmuch redundancy. Some builds absolutely must call for that ability at the top of the soul tree, and that's going to end up having most the points go in the direction of that soul.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by godsmercy View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...xx0suVk.xx0s0o

to be honest that is the closest to a 22x3 build i hav come up with to be honest is seems pretty deadly i am a little worried about casters tho but melee would fall before me
    I believe melee will rotfstomp that build. It lacks the real beef abilities that make paladin tough... i lacks the real beef that makes paragons do good damage... it CAN block without a shield... BUT it will still lose all that armor.

Build seems weak to me.

If you want a paladin that blocks without a shield you need to have a bigger focus on paladin imo.

It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast