+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Stealthers

Soulwalker

Default Anti-Stealthers

Since Rogues are so popular and most will have stealth, which class would counter them the best? What are some useful abilities?

Beastmaster can increase stealth detection, any other class?

Anything with an instant cast ability, a stun breaker and an AoE they can spam randomly.

So... everyone. Just pay attention.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z__0...VVd0M0V0z

+ mage tree of choice at level 50

= antistealth

Depending on the radius of the ward of detection that is, but the other nifty abilities are pretty anti-stealth too.
    Last edited by Askalskade; 02-13-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askalskade View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z__0...VVd0M0V0z

+ mage tree of choice at level 50

= antistealth

Depending on the radius of the ward of detection that is, but the other nifty abilities are pretty anti-stealth too.
    Really? I thought rogues would be the anti-mage class?

Ascendant

If they arent at least getting silent footsteps you will just outright see them. cant tell you how many noobs who were obviously just using the bear bones stealth and me seeing them way before they got to me or there taregt and i just blew them up and /lol'd.

Telaran

Shamans I believe also have increased stealth detection. Luckily nightblade openers have 20m range.

Soulwalker

The stupid thing is, even if you detect them, you can't target them. So unless you can AE without a target you can't touch em.

I'm not a big fan of unlimited stealth anyway, but being able to detect them but not hit them is just stupid.

Plane Walker

Useful abilities are the ones that have a placeable AOE. Sab's are the ones that come to mind.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lareal View Post
    The stupid thing is, even if you detect them, you can't target them. So unless you can AE without a target you can't touch em.

I'm not a big fan of unlimited stealth anyway, but being able to detect them but not hit them is just stupid.
    Alot of thing break the steath coming from mage, ranger, warrior...
    so i think seeing me from Ward and not be able to target me is a win/win situation else steatlh would be useless, tk that's my opinion...

Soulwalker

Gotta disagree man. A limited version of stealth in an mmo is imo always nice, even if I don't have it, I support it. It adds to the fun of the game to have to react to a well played rogue unstealthing on you.

Unlimited stealth, with not being able to target them, EVEN when you see them is ridiculous. It really takes no skill, other than the ability to hit a button.

I'd rather they add a limit to stealth timers(30 sec is PLENTY), and Rogues actually have to learn to use terrain properly to cover the down time.

I know there are folks coming from MMOs where they never had to use terrain due to OP stealth , but now is as good a time to learn as any.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lareal View Post
    Gotta disagree man. A limited version of stealth in an mmo is imo always nice, even if I don't have it, I support it. It adds to the fun of the game to have to react to a well played rogue unstealthing on you.

Unlimited stealth, with not being able to target them, EVEN when you see them is ridiculous. It really takes no skill, other than the ability to hit a button.

I'd rather they add a limit to stealth timers(30 sec is PLENTY), and Rogues actually have to learn to use terrain properly to cover the down time.

I know there are folks coming from MMOs where they never had to use terrain due to OP stealth , but now is as good a time to learn as any.
    You can tell mythic employees are working on this game based on how stealth works.

I'm interested to see how stealth behaves in regards to player pets. For example, if a Ranger targets a Rogue far away and starts running toward it and commands the pet to attack; if the Rogue stealths at that time, does the pet lose target or keep running and unstealth the Rogue? I didn't get to see this happen in Beta6.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustanger View Post
    I'm interested to see how stealth behaves in regards to player pets. For example, if a Ranger targets a Rogue far away and starts running toward it and commands the pet to attack; if the Rogue stealths at that time, does the pet lose target or keep running and unstealth the Rogue? I didn't get to see this happen in Beta6.
    Usually *tm* the pet drops agro. Had a few times it not though, seems slightly finicky.

So...generally speaking are rogues the anti mage class? Or are mages the anti rogue? O.o

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jyyn View Post
    So...generally speaking are rogues the anti mage class? Or are mages the anti rogue? O.o
    yes..........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast