+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Picking a class based on your personality type

Default Picking a class based on your personality type

I am an INTJ and I am most interested in playing a Warrior or Rogue.

What personality type are you and what are you thinking of playing?

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

I'm INTJ as well (I hear we tend to flock around MMOs, and are the best at them. )

I'm definitely playing rogue (marksman/assassin/ranger).

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    (I hear we tend to flock around MMOs, and are the best at them[/B]
    You heard wrong

Mine is INFP

I'll be going Assassin like I do in every mmo.

Soulwalker

I represent the INTJ personality.

I'll be playing some sort of mage... too many choices

well for me, i always make tanks..

when i was in the army i was platoon and squad leader on both tours in afghanistan with SOAR 160th.

i love the leadership positions. it was my duty to ensure the safety of my squad / platoon, and i guess now that i seen this thread / question, makes sense why i make tanks, because the tank sets the pace and keeps clothies from turning into piles of gelatenous goo ><

this is what my test score said i am lol ><

Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
    Last edited by turbododge; 02-13-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Eshebala@Deepwood
    11/11HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4FT - 5/5 EE
    Check out my youtube channel for Gaming, Automotive, and Firearms
    http://www.youtube.com/user/91XtremeRT

Soulwalker

Another INTJ to add to the pile. I'll be playing a rogue tank for PvE and some sort of ranger build for PvP. I have to say I appreciate the souls system that lets me create four different builds for my toons so that I can tweak my build for different fights / scenarios.

I'll likely end up making a warrior tank as well at some point and go heavy into paladin for melee fights and a 2nd tank build with VK for caster bosses.

I would tend to think that your personality type has less to do with which classes you choose and more with how you go about playing those classes. For instance I would expect someone that was a heavy sensor to be the kind of deep mathmatical calculation min/maxer that we all know and love.

What do you guys think, will specific personality types be drawn to different classes? If so, which personalities to which classes do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Hraeth View Post
    What do you guys think, will specific personality types be drawn to different classes? If so, which personalities to which classes do you think?
    I don't think there's a strong correlation between personality type and classes. Personally, I just go with whatever seems coolest to me at the time, because if this is a digital rendition of me in a fantasy universe, I want to be whatever is coolest. How people play whatever they choose to play is a different story, I could see that very much being affected by their thought process and therefore personality type. Same for their build.

Quote Originally Posted by turbododge View Post
    well for me, i always make tanks..

when i was in the army i was platoon and squad leader on both tours in afghanistan with SOAR 160th.

i love the leadership positions. it was my duty to ensure the safety of my squad / platoon, and i guess now that i seen this thread / question, makes sense why i make tanks, because the tank sets the pace and keeps clothies from turning into piles of gelatenous goo ><
    There was a tank who posted a few days ago who reminded me of your approach. Loved it.. gruff tank talk about stepping up, taking the hits so the "leather monkeys and skirts" could do their thing.

Took the test again. Still an INFP.... ranger/marksmen for solo role.
    Last edited by Ankhi; 02-13-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Soulwalker

ISTJ and i plan to make a stealthy ranged bow style chacter.

Plane Touched

I am an INTJ that scores pretty close to the middle of the J/P spectrum so as to be arguably an INTP. (This last scoring, I pulled 25% T, 11% P.)

My class pick? Hell, I don't know, I'm a chronic altaholic. Probably Mage, maybe Cleric, maybe Rogue, or even Warrior in a particular mood...

Classes in Rift are pretty flexible, really. My 30th level Mage could do decent healing in addition to DPS, and maybe even some limited tanking with the right spells. I started a thread trying to make sense of exactly what I'm signing up for.
    Last edited by geldonyetich; 02-13-2011 at 11:21 PM.

Ascendant

ISTJ

I plan to have a couple complete characters.

Shadowlander

Really funny idea. Test says INTJ . But like someone mentioned- there is probably no correlation. I used to play as dps in WoW, tank in LotRO. Here it's going to be rogue- I'm going to support, tank &dps

Default interesting notion

But as said before I don't think it has much to do with the class you play. Played ranged dps in WoW, plan to play warrior tank this time around. I think this may play more into the social/organizational role you fill. Who will be guild leaders? Who will be the analysts for raiding? That sort of thing.

Edit; I'm an INTJ apparently, whatever that means
    Last edited by Viciousgoon; 02-13-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Half Man, Half Amazing

ISTP and im till having trouble deciding! but hey from the sounds of it thats my personality all over!
    Still searching for the Coffee and Sandwich Rift.

I am a ENTJ who usually ends up in leadership positions where ever I go. I'm going to try to keep out of them in Rift, but you never know how that'll go. Something usually always draws me in.

Class wise, I'm looking to play a Rogue, Bard specifically. I'll have a Bard/Marksman/Saboteur DPS build and a Riftstalker/Bard Tank build.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast