+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Its Equal

Soulwalker

Exclamation Its Equal

Just want to remind everyone of a simple fact. I haven't even played Rift yet, but I am planning to on Tuesday.

Remember, that no matter what class people combine or choose, it depends on how good they are at using that class.

There guaranteed will be players with amazing aim, coordination, and just skilled overall that can beat a seemingly OP char or class.

Just choose a class you enjoy playing, and master it, and roll everyone.

No it doesn't. Don't say you know how well every soul performs when you haven't even played the game.

You may argue that there
    are better bands than Van Halen,
    but it doesn't change the fact you're wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Static Cake View Post
    No it doesn't. Don't say you know how well every soul performs when you haven't even played the game.
    And to expand on that: Don't say how OP/UP a soul is when you haven't seen end-game yet. And yes, Rift is going to be mostly about the end-game in both PvE and PvP. Going to laugh myself silly when those who change their preferred choice based on beta, find out that the original one actually does perform very well at 50 (Mages for example).
    Last edited by GhundiPI; 02-13-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GhundiPI View Post
    And to expand on that: Don't say how OP/UP a soul is when you haven't seen end-game yet. And yes, Rift is going to be mostly about the end-game in both PvE and PvP. Going to laugh myself silly when those who change their preferred choice based on beta, find out that the original one actually does perform very well at 50 (Mages for example).
    So you are a time traveler? Enjoying end-game in the future and coming back to the present to share your wisdom on the official forum. That's pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Akizuki View Post
    So you are a time traveler? Enjoying end-game in the future and coming back to the present to share your wisdom on the official forum. That's pretty awesome.
    Yeah I always found the wait till end game argument kinda stupid. So why bother leveling then if it is not fun? If I have to wait till cap to be viable, then I want I insta-level button to push.

Quote Originally Posted by Akizuki View Post
    Don't need to be one to figure out something simple like that. But hey, by all means just ignore what I said, rerolling shouldn't take that long anyway

Your point seems very vague. "Play what you want" doesn't really say much. Do you want us to ignore class balance, popularity, aesthetics?

If you do want us to ignore certain parts, why?
    Last edited by Groobie; 02-13-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Groobie View Post
    Your point seems very vague. "Play what you want" doesn't really say much. Do you want us to ignore class balance, popularity, aesthetics?

If you do want us to ignore certain parts, why?
    I think it means exactly what it says, play what you enjoy playing.
    Cadwgan Blaidd
    Assassin/Bard/Nightblade,

"And remember - no one ever can say anything about the game at all until the final expansion comes out and is played to the final End Game, and all the servers shut down on the last day!

And even then, no one ever can say anything negative - because all the only thing that such judgments ever evidence is that they never learned to play.

So shut up and stop participating in any conversation that says anything I don't want to hear!"

Yup.
    That's basically it right there, huh?
    Last edited by Dominar; 02-13-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ghartan View Post
    Yeah I always found the wait till end game argument kinda stupid. So why bother leveling then if it is not fun? If I have to wait till cap to be viable, then I want I insta-level button to push.
    It's not so much a question of "Is this fun?", the problem is more along the lines of it's tough to comment on balance when leveling is a relatively small portion of any MMO game. You level up, learn your characters abilities/etc, gain new abilities, learn game mechanics, experience the story. Leveling is a very dynamic part of any MMO.

When you reach level cap, things stabilize much more than they do when you level up. In most games, I don't feel the game really kicks in until you reach the level cap. That is not to say I don't enjoy the leveling experience (Story, Exploring new areas, etc) I believe OP is saying that a large number of posts complain about class balance when we haven't seen what it's like at level cap just yet.

Doesn't invalidate the concerns of the people posting, but it's just something to keep in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Konataismine View Post
    I think it means exactly what it says, play what you enjoy playing.
    I agree, but it's so obvious that there is no reason to say that unless we want to talk about the deeper issues.

At the heart of it, the OP appears to be saying that we should ignore class balance in favor of playing "what we want," whatever that might entail (looks, playstyle, feel.. I guess). This also seems to suggest that skill will trump any disparities between the classes.

I don't agree with this, but I can't really comment on it because I don't know for sure if this is what the OP is getting at. Unless he really is throwing out "play what you want" and that's it... in that case, it's trivial.

+ Reply to Thread