+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warriors and mages are OP nerf them !

Soulwalker

Default Warriors and mages are OP nerf them !

So do you think when everyone hits post 40 and the scaling that happens with mages DPS and warriors hit points/ defense all the rogues and cleric will come here and QQ about them being OP. Fact of the matter is 99% of the opinions on these boards are based on sub level 30 play. Anyone who thinks that will stay the same is very ignorant of the way MMOs work.

I would be very interested if some of the Alpha players could comment on this since I don't believe anyone has seen anything higher than level 35 in beta so far. From what I am already hearing DPS spec warriors are doing more than rogue's post 30 . This is why rogues have stealth and stun or great range classes. No rogues should be able to go toe to toe with a guy in plate and win.

I think so far the devs are doing a great job of filtering the QQ's from the rest of the issues. Having every class have a equal chance against every other class will never happen because then you would have to make every situation equal, and that can never happen.
    Last edited by TaynePD; 02-13-2011 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaynePD View Post
    . No rogues should be able to go toe to toe with a guy in plate and win.
    Disagree with this big time, but i do agree people need to stop with the qq'ing until level 50 comes around.

Just remember that this is a pve game just as much if not more than a pvp game, dps classes should be extremely closed to balanced or we're gonna see raids making each calling roll a certain soul and it's gonna be total and complete bland raid experience.

Plane Touched

Trion is swinging the nerfbat on demand. Everybody playing the alpha knows that warriors are doing more dps than rogues and mages. Clerics already know the nerf bat and rogues are the target now. And the problem is always the same:
    Noobs join in the min level of warfronts -> a highlevel(usually with wing buff =100% more dmg) one shot they and guess what? The noobs start to create a lot of whine thread in the forums.
    If a thread have more than 50 pages the dev's will nerf the class ... amazing

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Punisheer View Post
    Trion is swinging the nerfbat on demand. Everybody playing the alpha knows that warriors are doing more dps than rogues and mages. Clerics already know the nerf bat and rogues are the target now. And the problem is always the same:
    Noobs join in the min level of warfronts -> a highlevel(usually with wing buff =100% more dmg) one shot they and guess what? The noobs start to create a lot of whine thread in the forums.
    If a thread have more than 50 pages the dev's will nerf the class ... amazing
    have you missed the last 2 patches and the next 2 patches that all include warrior nerfs some huge nerfs, bigger than anything any rogue or cleric has got?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    have you missed the last 2 patches and the next 2 patches that all include warrior nerfs some huge nerfs, bigger than anything any rogue or cleric has got?
    Are you joking right? Only the 0 pt riftblade nerf, but almost all dps souls got a passive to increase the dmg in 50% and a lot of warrior skill dmg was increased. Oh right champions can't hit 1k + 1k dot (storm blade buff)with bladefury criticals anymore...
    Last edited by Punisheer; 02-13-2011 at 11:41 AM.

If the rogue gets the jump on the plated warrior and gets some stuns in then sure, but otherwise the plated warrior, unless he is newb, should win with right skillz.

I strongly believe in the Rock, Paper, Scissors kind of balance. I think people should try and hold their tongue until they hit max level before coming on here and demanding nerfs or buffs. Experience the end game some for the love of god before crying wolf.

Also I think that it should be possible for a rogue to kill a plate wearer, but it should be because the player had enough skill to overcome the disadvantages in the fight. By no means do I think that a rogue should be able to easily kill a plate wearer.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DaShady View Post
    I strongly believe in the Rock, Paper, Scissors kind of balance. I think people should try and hold their tongue until they hit max level before coming on here and demanding nerfs or buffs. Experience the end game some for the love of god before crying wolf.

Also I think that it should be possible for a rogue to kill a plate wearer, but it should be because the player had enough skill to overcome the disadvantages in the fight. By no means do I think that a rogue should be able to easily kill a plate wearer.
    I agree with the endgame play being analyzed before jumping to conclusions, but, a rogue should do more DPS than a tank in plate. specially a shield tank. If the tank specs 2hander DPS or dual wield than they should be about the same in damage and survivability since at this point they are both melee dps classes. The ranged rogues should be just a hare less since they have range and kiting abilities. I personally believe that melee dps (includes dps tanks, clerics) should out dps ranged DPS but not by much, mages since they wear cloth and have lesser kiting abilities thatn lets say a MM or ranger should do slightly more dmg to make up for it. All of these specs should have more dmg than a tank spec warrior or hybrid and much more than a healer spec. A fight between a melee rogue and a DPS warrior should be even. A fight between a tank spec warrior and a melee dps should maybe lean in the tanks favor. A fight between a ranged dps and melee dps should go to the raned if they utilize roots/kiting techniques etc. Healer specs should just heal, if they want to dps roll a dps soul/spec (in general). If a mage fights a marksman it should be even.
    Last edited by Sixfeetdeep; 02-13-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Soulwalker

I think people are misunderstanding rogue vs warrior. When I said toe vs toe I was implying just beating on each other. If a rogue stealth up an stuns warrior and does half his health before warrior reacts then that is how he beats him , or the one million other scenarios but no in face to face swords swinging no tricks warrior should win and that's how it should be.

Overall what I was looking for was opinions from some Aloha people on how evened out it feels post 40.

Rift Disciple

I think people are misunderstanding rogue vs warrior. When I said toe vs toe I was implying just beating on each other. If a rogue stealth up an stuns warrior and does half his health before warrior reacts then that is how he beats him , or the one million other scenarios but no in face to face swords swinging no tricks warrior should win and that's how it should be.

Overall what I was looking for was opinions from some Aloha people on how evened out it feels post 40.
    I would like to know as well. It is very unlikely that alpha testers will leak info though at least until the NDA is lifted. In beta 7 at lvl 42 you can get some fairly endgame builds going so it will become more noticeable then. Also as far as your rogue vs war argument, if the tank is DPS specced (champion for example) he should be just as squishy as a rogue... they do the same dmg if not more with a 2hander so...it should be fairly even toe to toe. If the tank has a shield, it should swing in the tanks favor.
    Last edited by Sixfeetdeep; 02-13-2011 at 01:13 PM.

every class is toe to toe with each other... its meant to be that way...rogues will be on par with warriors dps and warrior tanking is on par with rogue tanking deal with it you wont be OMFGIOUTDEEPZYOUCUZIMAROGUE or IRWARRIORSOIRBETTERTANK this isnt wow deal with it
    Last edited by rezzzz; 02-13-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Telaran

There's no way a rogue should be able to go toe to toe against a tank class period. Rogues are for killing casters and healers, it's been that way since the first MMO and before then with P&P games.

Soulwalker

It's simple, if your crap at your chosen character, scream such a class is OP,hoping that some other useless player will agree,soon someone will disagree, and another will agree, and so on and so on till the devs see this and nerf some class that wasn't Op in the first place.That seems to be they way of it now cry OP, and then the guy or girl who killed you "who was better at his or her character" will get nerfed.my advice to the guys who scream OP, should not play this game they will be more at home with Hello Kitty.Rift
    Last edited by shimano; 02-13-2011 at 01:35 PM.

Plane Touched

I no something you all dont no But cant say sorry

Telaran

So do you think when everyone hits post 40 and the scaling that happens with mages DPS and warriors hit points/ defense all the rogues and cleric will come here and QQ about them being OP. Fact of the matter is 99% of the opinions on these boards are based on sub level 30 play. Anyone who thinks that will stay the same is very ignorant of the way MMOs work.

I would be very interested if some of the Alpha players could comment on this since I don't believe anyone has seen anything higher than level 35 in beta so far. From what I am already hearing DPS spec warriors are doing more than rogue's post 30 . This is why rogues have stealth and stun or great range classes. No rogues should be able to go toe to toe with a guy in plate and win.

I think so far the devs are doing a great job of filtering the QQ's from the rest of the issues. Having every class have a equal chance against every other class will never happen because then you would have to make every situation equal, and that can never happen.
    I'm confused. Are you being sarcastic with your thread title?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast