+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Classes vs New Soul :Take your pic

Default New Soul! Epic quest to unlock!

I would deff want to see new souls, I also think it would be great to have those soul be unlocked through seperate quests that are rooted in the lore of that new soul.

Instead of unlocking that soul by doing a quest and getting to chose from any soul, there could be an epic quest centered around that soul.

Thats the one thing I dont like about unlocking souls, I would rather do a line of quest that centers around the lore of say a necromancer that unlocks that soul only. Then to have a quest that is just, unlocks any soul. I understand why are they are doing it that way but in expansions it would be easy to implament quest lines for each new soul and I think would have nice higher level content.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishcurls View Post
    I would deff want to see new souls, I also think it would be great to have those soul be unlocked through seperate quests that are rooted in the lore of that new soul.

Instead of unlocking that soul by doing a quest and getting to chose from any soul, there could be an epic quest centered around that soul.

Thats the one thing I dont like about unlocking souls, I would rather do a line of quest that centers around the lore of say a necromancer that unlocks that soul only. Then to have a quest that is just, unlocks any soul. I understand why are they are doing it that way but in expansions it would be easy to implament quest lines for each new soul and I think would have nice higher level content.

I would definately be behind something like this. I have always loved epic quests(starting with the original "particle weapon" quests in EQ). On one hand, I appreciate having a quest open up the heroic soul of your choice. But I think it adds to the game if you would have to do something along that line. Having to do something dealing with necromancy to unlock a necromancer soul would be excellent.
    "I don't know, I'm making this up as I go."

Plane Touched

I'd personally prefer to see more Souls added over time than new Archetypes (they should add both, but more priority and frequency to Souls).

Reason being, I'd like my "main" character to keep on progressing and deeping its development as the game ages. This is done my msot MMO's through increased level cap, more stats, more skills, better gear and weapons... with Rifts it will also be done through Souls.

So I'd personally prefer advancing my main character, than rolling an alt to experience some new Archetype, seeing as how other Archetypes didnt interest me to begin with anyways.

i think its safe to say, that putting 5~ souls will sound better and less work than making new archetype with 8 souls in it

in reality seeing new archetype/calling is as likely as having content released every 3 months.. oh i wish.. and 5 years ago, that was common thing.. one would think we would move forward not backwards
    Need new Signature
    Old one is from 2010
    Cant be bothered to think of a new one!

The OPs question is really a no brainer...

The Soul

I will easily spend months developing any or all of the 4 available classes. To have a new soul to freshen an existing class would be awesome especially since it can be an easier acquisition. What class could they add btw?? Sheep Herder?

Yeah, soul all the way.

Plane Touched

New souls and CONSTANT BALANCING.

Right now there really isnt enough souls to make the soul system unique at all. Considering half the souls will be dismissed as "worse than other options" and then from the "top tier" souls your going to have cookie cutter builds pretty soon.

only way to solve this and actually have players with various builds is more souls and CONSTANT BALANCING :P
    All "negative" or "critical" posts are in order to improve the game we all plan to play for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishcurls View Post

I really like this idea, since it would give a much better in-game background to the soul and it just makes alot more sense than to simply "get" it for doing something possibly completely irrelevant to the soul.

And I don't really think that new callings would work btw, simply because pretty much any soul imaginable could fit into the categories:"Hardy melee fighter"=warrior "defensive/healing supporter"=cleric "swift, deadly fighter"= rogue and "spellcaster"=mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3