+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are racials going to exacerbate race/class combination imbalances?

Default Are racials going to exacerbate race/class combination imbalances?

Is the +10 to primary stats that each race gets enough to have new players automatically make certain race/class combinations? So, for example, are we going to see an overwhelming majority of rogues that are Kelari for the bonus? Or Mages that are Eth? Is this going to create a lack of diversity in player characters? My thinking is that your typical player just trying Rift for the first time will have a class in mind that they want to play and knowing nothing else about races will just choose what they think works best for their class.

Ascendant

+10 to a stat is like a level 5 boot if at lvl 50 being able to wear a extra lvl 5 boot is that big of a difference to you than well.... i cant help you.

Zac
    Plane Touched

Imho they should just remove the racials altogether. Race-Choice should just be a visual choice a player has to make, and shouldn't mean a difference in abilities/attributes. We are beyond this bad path in real-life, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    +10 to a stat is like a level 5 boot if at lvl 50 being able to wear a extra lvl 5 boot is that big of a difference to you than well.... i cant help you.
    I understand and I don't disagree. But I'm sure the new player who doesn't know anything about stat scaling would be ignorant of this information. My question doesn't ask if rolling certain class/race combos is the smart thing to do for min/maxing. Rather, it asks if a bonus, no matter how small, will direct an overwhelming majority to make certain combinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I understand and I don't disagree. But I'm sure the new player who doesn't know anything about stat scaling would be ignorant of this information. My question doesn't ask if rolling certain class/race combos is the smart thing to do for min/maxing. Rather, it asks if a bonus, no matter how small, will direct an overwhelming majority to make certain combinations.
    No, in WoW when I played 3 years ago, I remember gnome has 5% more int, human 5% more wisdom. Those are much much bigger than +10. But most mages on alliance were humans.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    if other games are any indication then i would say no it wont matter.

Telaran

Looking at the vendors that have some of the Lv50 armor, each individual piece was showing well over 60~70 stats total. +10 is going to be close to nothing.

+ Reply to Thread